• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

That was fucking awesome. Can't wait for the season.

Seeing Macon on the map was pretty awesome considering how big of a role Macon played in the Telltale Walking Dead game. I'd be interested to see if it connects somehow.

Also, Morgan will be back.

@SFXmagazine

Showrunner Scott Gimple says Morgan will return in season four but doesn't elaborate further

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought they'd keep Vincent Martella around for more than one episode. Whatever. At least he gets to be the one to fuck shit up for everyone else.

Poor Beth will never find someone who won't die.

Still curious as to how Macon will come into play. Glenn was originally in Macon in the Telltale video game. I want to see if they connect that or just keep a distance from other material as they've been doing.

Also, anyone else thinking there might be some cross species disease spread going on? I wouldn't like it, but they showed Violet, the pig die, and then there was a boar just laying on the ground sick as well. Maybe it's just some pig stuff, but I don't think they would show the pig so fucking much if it didn't have any significance.

Sure seems to be the indication if you draw the corollary of the actual pig dying.

And if it wasn't bad enough that they now have to contend with a live (well, in the base sense of the word) Walker inside the prison now that the Potter look-alike died, he also hacked up a lung directly into that exposed water source they seem to be using to shower with. Things are like to go from bad to so much fucking worse in no time.

Not trying to be a contrarian here. I hardly enjoyed watching that episode. Matter of fact, in comparison to every other episode of the series, I thought it just plain sucked. I felt nothing. No suspense, no emotion. That whole thing with the Michael Jackson corpse lady was out of no where and did nothing for me. What was the reason behind that whole shitty scene?

The kid stumbling off into some random area of the prison and dying like that? Fuck I saw that whole thing coming as soon as he coughed. Even the way they all got caught in the convenience store.. as soon as they showed the zombies on the roof you knew what was going to happen. I mean the scene with the blonde girl and her boyfriend.. you knew the boyfriend is not coming back from the trip to town.

Completely predictable. Overdramatic with that stupid scene in the woods. And on top of it all, how many commercial breaks did they have like 9? They cut to commercial at 9:18 then cut to ANOTHER commercial at 9:27. Beginning commercials just 9 minutes apart. Like what the fuck? They've whored this show out so much. After watching a show like Breaking Bad conclude, this just seems like it was written for a simpleton. Nothing surprising nor thought-provoking happened. Seems like they're way too caught between writing a drama and writing it as a kind of corny comic book series.

Oh another example of how shitty it was. The way the blonde girl reacted to the death of her boyfriend.. like WE GET IT... it's a tough world and these kids have now become hardened so that they dont cry over stuff anymore. We get it. You dont have to hammer it into my face with this girl's shitty acting.

You may write this whole post off as being cynical or whatever but I just praised the hell out of Breaking Bad and the Americans. I'm watching like 5 series that I love and this one is starting to look like shit in comparison.

/rant

I think we see Herschel go too.

I think Beth is safe because she just got promoted to main cast.

I also feel like the animal infection could be plausible. The virus is seemingly stronger. Before you needed to at least be bitten to show signs of actual infection, but Patrick just went out quickly. Could be that h just had a rough time with a cold or flu and the two merged to be lethal, but Andrea survived the flu prior to last season.

I think the virus has definitely evolved into something much worse.

I've never understood the commercials complaint in the DVR age. You don't even have to fully record a show to completely bypass them. As a general rule of thumb, for any 60-minute show, wait 12 minutes, then begin watching. You may, at best, risk being exposed to one set of commercials depending on how many they run for that particular show.