• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Walking Dead

Phil

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-spoilers-robert-kirkman-421901

THR: Daryl and Merle return just when Rick needs them most. How will Merle's presence at the prison go over with Glenn, Maggie and the rest of the group?

Kirkman: I would say not well (laughs). Merle is definitely complicit -- and all the things that happened with Glenn and, to a lesser degree, Maggie. He's not a good guy, and they know him to not be a good guy. There's going to be huge conflict inside the prison when we come back to the next episode.

THR: The Governor has now attacked Woodbury. How will that push Rick and Glenn to take action?

Kirkman: There's no question right now as to whether or not Woodbury is going to attack and whether they are a formidable force. Those questions have been answered. That was very much a show of force and a test in a lot of ways, more than it was an actual attack. It was a Trojan Horse filled with zombies -- you move in, you check some things out and then you retreat. The Governor got some really good intel from that, but also, Rick and Glenn know exactly what they're up against. Things are going to be a lot more heated moving forward.

THR: How will Andrea (Laurie Holden) respond to knowing that the Governor attacked the prison?

Kirkman: This is not something she's going to be too happy about. She has this relationship with the people in the prison, and that's what we'll be exploring in the next episode. She knows that there are good people in Woodbury. It's not as cut-and-dry as people might think it is. A reunion with Rick's group is going to have a lot of tension. These were people -- from her perspective -- who left her behind, and she did have a tough winter with Michonne, and she does have conflicting emotions regarding Michonne. Things are going to be pretty interesting next episode.

THR: Michonne (Danai Gurira) and Merle both earned their place in the group. Will their roles help Rick change his mind about Tyrese (Chad Coleman) and his group?

Kirkman: It's entirely possible. That's a central theme to this season: What you need in this world -- whether you need to be alone and secure or open and with people and finding more people for security. That's something that we'll be exploring quite a bit moving forward.

I can't stand Merle, but was very happy he returned when he did, I cannot stand the Governor, he needs to be killed soon!

Was talking to somebody on Twitter and they said in the comics there is a villain worse than the Governor that arises in the comics, that would be awesome to see if the show keeps going a few more seasons.

I can't stand Merle, but was very happy he returned when he did, I cannot stand the Governor, he needs to be killed soon!

Was talking to somebody on Twitter and they said in the comics there is a villain worse than the Governor that arises in the comics, that would be awesome to see if the show keeps going a few more seasons.

I'm not a fan of the Gov either. He's different in the comics.

I wish they left Woodbury out of it... As in, not see "behind the scene" of that city. Just stay with ricks group.

I'm not a fan of the Gov either. He's different in the comics.

I wish they left Woodbury out of it... As in, not see "behind the scene" of that city. Just stay with ricks group.

Yeah I have heard his character on the show and in the comic books are pretty different, as for Woodbury, I agree, I rather they focus on the prison and Rick, not what the hell is going on inside of Woodbury and the Governor losing control of his psycho town.

Think Merle will be killed off at seasons end anyway. It's sort of like what they did with Andrea, separate story line. Enter Tyreese.

The shit with Rick seeing and hearing his wife, is getting old. How soon before they kill the last convict lol.

O man did I win or what! Just watched episode last night, I def see Merle getting killed sooner rather than later. Darryl see's what his brother has become and there's a back story about them, I'm sure we'll find out about it seems.

Huh. You'd figure with the "record ratings" that the budget would INCREASE, and we'd see more of the stuff we saw in the first season, rather than less of it.

And as for what the comic books do, what's the point of having a zombie-infested world if you de-emphasize the zombies? It's called the Walking Dead, not Melrose Place v2.0.

One of the major points of the show (and the authors of the comic books) is that in a post apocalypse world filled with zombies, humans and their will to survive are still the most dangerous thing you can encounter..., it's a show about survival at it's core. The zombies are simple there to set an atmosphere, just an obstacle you have to work around to continue to survive. This is why they are focusing on character development and the lives of these different people and what they have to do to survive and how dangerous their interactions are with other people also on a mission to survive.

I love this show, it holds me captive completely like few other shows can do.

O man did I win or what! Just watched episode last night, I def see Merle getting killed sooner rather than later. Darryl see's what his brother has become and there's a back story about them, I'm sure we'll find out about it seems.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Darryl himself who will finally have to put Merle out of his misery.

I dont' see Merle dying just yet. They need him in this coming war, like it/him or not. He has inside information having been one of the Governor's inside men, and they are badly out-ranked and out-muscled right now.

He dies in the fight, easier story to write if Darryl stays as one of the lead characters. Though I do like Momentum's version better, THATS the better story. Picture him switching sides during the fight and BAM, arrow through the skull.

Nice call on Tyrese, Jimmy. Had a feeling he'd show up at Woodbury, having been driven out by Crazy Rick.

I imagine most of you, especially Josh, hated last night's episode for being another "slow" one, but I though it was a great builder toward the crescendo of the war on the horizon.

Love seeing Merle humbled, too, even if you can't truly trust him completely, because of who he is. The Atlanta group needs him, badly, if they expect to weather this storm with the Governor, even if his numbers are misleading.

I was only upset the Gov didnt sit up (Undertaker style) and put a bullet in Andrea's head during the last scene. That character is so stupid.

Looks like Morgan (sniper on the roof in previews, wearing a mask) is about to return, so we can assume Tyrese is about to die. I imagine Tyrese will figure out the Gov is not a great guy, as Michonne did. The white guy and son are goners. I bet Carl shoots the little kid.

Also, previews for next week show Zombie drama, and not Andrea drama. Should be good.

Still not a fan of the Woodbury/Governor concept. Would be better if we never saw behind the walls of Woodbuy unless Rick was there. Making is a mystery would be a bit more intriguing, IMO.

I was only upset the Gov didnt sit up (Undertaker style) and put a bullet in Andrea's head during the last scene. That character is so stupid.

Looks like Morgan (sniper on the roof in previews, wearing a mask) is about to return, so we can assume Tyrese is about to die. I imagine Tyrese will figure out the Gov is not a great guy, as Michonne did. The white guy and son are goners. I bet Carl shoots the little kid.

Also, previews for next week show Zombie drama, and not Andrea drama. Should be good.

Still not a fan of the Woodbury/Governor concept. Would be better if we never saw behind the walls of Woodbuy unless Rick was there. Making is a mystery would be a bit more intriguing, IMO.

The two white dudes in Tyrese's camp are absolutely goners. They're answer to everything is "let's kill them", which means they'll be the first to die there.

Why do you think the sniper on the roof is Morgan though? Spoiler from the comics, or did I miss something?

The two white dudes in Tyrese's camp are absolutely goners. They're answer to everything is "let's kill them", which means they'll be the first to die there.

Why do you think the sniper on the roof is Morgan though? Spoiler from the comics, or did I miss something?

I'm still in 'season 1' of the comics, so I don't know.

Why wouldn't it be him, though? Tons of rumors saying he is coming back. Now, there is a sniper on the roof picking people off? Too coincidental.

Good build-up episode, but it wasn't that interesting at all.

I didnt think it was too horrible. Although I thought we would see more of the push to see Rick give up leadership from the first part. We saw Andrea visit the group, Tyrese joining Woodbury, then Andrea's internal conflict of which group to join. It was slow, but there was still a bit stuff going on.

As far as I know, Morgan is slated to return in the next episode. Definitely think he'll be that shooter wearing the mask. Here's a quote from an article from late last year.

As far as returning characters is concerned, who would you like to see more than anyone come back to The Walking Dead? Morgan, played by Lennie James ... right? If you answered with anyone else, I hate to disappoint you but it is indeed Morgan who will make an appearance late in the season. Rumblings suggest Morgan appears "From a Distance", so not in the middle of whatever fracus gets stirred up between the Ricktator and The Governor. I like this. He's been a wild card on radio silence, no pun intended, for too long know. Just a check in on the way to him rejoining the cast in Season 4 or 5 would be geektacular. I'm guessing by the time he shows up his sniper skills will come in handy.

Read more at http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/the-walking-dead-spoilers-who-returns-and-who-arrives/#1pIUKi2I1EqpS6ep.99

Judging by the information there, kind of looks like he'll be that guy. Not sure about how truthful that site is, but there were a lot of rumors that Tyreese would appear on the show this season and he did. I think it would be fantastic if Morgan returned, but I also don't think we'll see Tyreese killed off. I get a feeling he'll somehow switch sides at some point.

Awesome episode. Seemed to return to the roots a bit, with the danger of walkers coming back into to play. Also, Morgan's return was great. He's going through the same mental shit Rick is going through. And then picking up the backpack at the end was hilarious (and sad).

Morgan's return alone was amazing.

I was a little shocked at how callous the entire group was in refusing to pick up the back-packer, but it was also symbolic of the whole "dead inside" mentality, and the "everyone is a threat" thing.