• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BlackBerry/RIM Continue Downward Trend; Laying Off 2,000 Workers

Phil

Read the top 10 smartphones in a gadget mag yesterday....unsurprisingly 1-6 were android...#7 was the iphone 4 and 8-10 were android.

BB's are old news... the torch is terribly bad... touch screen sucks, screen res is sub par... and the app store on any bb ... well.. reminds me of windows phone CE in 2006

oh yeah, sorry, forgot to put that part. ATT. I could always get a phone unlocked though. I'm not really that concerned with the cost of the phone. Anything under 500 is fine by me really.

http://www.cellular-deals.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/motorola-droid-pro1.jpg

Cheap now too

• 11 months later...

And the death spiral continues...

Q1: $518 million net loss

5,000 more job cuts

BB10 delayed again until 2013

might be time for Thorstein Heins to go already. Promised more marketing and a focus on actual production, both things that havent occurred, and theyve gone in the opposite direction instead.

Good time to buy low on the stock though, cant imagine it getting much lower than the $8 its at right now lol

They were done when they tried to grab the non-business user. BB does one thing better than anyone, and that's email/calendars/tasks, basically be the MS Office of phones. They should have stayed focussed on that, because Android and iPhone actually don't do that well, at all.

They could have been #1 in one space instead of being dead last in 7 spaces.

Archived