• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Fire John Davidson, Jeff Gorton; Drury Named President & GM

Dolan obviously felt it would benefit Drury to handle the exit interviewers, etc. Multiple levels of bizarre to saga.

Dolan: " Chirs, I've fired Jeff and JD and you are now President and GM and you first order of business tell both of them to pack up and leave. Congratualtions"

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm almost expecting that to happen at this point the way things are going. lol

I have to be honest, it kind of makes sense if it happens. If Quinn goes, the top on down just got flushed out. Dump that loser Georgiev. Bring back Tony. Get that grit, moxie, and skill back in the lineup.

I honestly feel a little sick about what's to come this summer. Chris Drury is an AHL GM and now the president of the fucking New York Rangers? People are talking about Messier and Gretzky as if they have ANY experience at all.

I'm preparing for a disaster this summer. Multiple brain dead, pre-2006-era signings and trades.

Glad to be back as the laughing stock of the league.

• Like 1

I honestly feel a little sick about what's to come this summer. Chris Drury is an AHL GM and now the president of the fucking New York Rangers? People are talking about Messier and Gretzky as if they have ANY experience at all.

I'm preparing for a disaster this summer. Multiple brain dead, pre-2006-era signings and trades.

Well, it has been about 17 years or so since. They were due.

I have to be honest, it kind of makes sense if it happens. If Quinn goes, the top on down just got flushed out. Dump that loser Georgiev. Bring back Tony. Get that grit, moxie, and skill back in the lineup.

Surely, your knees must be sore by now.

The crowd should devise some anti-dolan chants.....then the game would be played in front of zero fans b/c we know MSG security is told to toss anyone that says big, bad words about Jimmy D.

Hopefully, anyone's that's going tonight brings their pitchforks

You are aware Davidson went from announcer to President of the Blues right?

I had forgotten what pre-2004 Rangers hockey felt like. Seems like we may get a rude reminder.

I mean, they could still make dumb trades but I think Drury has a solid idea of what's going on and what needs to be done. He's been an understudy for a few years and the organization still has a solid foundation for long term success.

Dolan: " Chirs, I've fired Jeff and JD and you are now President and GM and you first order of business tell both of them to pack up and leave. Congratualtions"

yep, exactly how I envision it too. Spineless just like his dealings with Oakley and any fan that doesn't bow to his feet at the Garden.

I agree. I think Sather has been in Dolan’s ear and made this happen. I look for Drury to simply be Dolan’s puppet and for some dumb*ss trades/signings to happen this summer.

On a side note, I’d love to see Sam and Joe step down too just to give the finger to Dolan.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Drury has been in the management side of the game since 2015.

Director of player personnel to assistant GM of both Hartford and the Rangers. Then associate GM. He’s not out of nowhere. Whether he stays both roles I guess is up for he has experience in the front office.