Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1380

Thread: Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

  1. #1361
    List Maker BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21,202
    Rep Power
    172
    Raising the age of checking is not a good idea for the long term health and safety of players. Could you imagine playing 10 years before introducing this physical game changing component? Bad habits are already developed.

  2. #1362
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,900
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Raising the age of checking is not a good idea for the long term health and safety of players. Could you imagine playing 10 years before introducing this physical game changing component? Bad habits are already developed.
    Yeah, I didn't like when they removed it from peewees. Removing it from bantams wouldn't be good. Also, I wish they'd play touch up off side at peewees.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  3. #1363
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,554
    Rep Power
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Raising the age of checking is not a good idea for the long term health and safety of players. Could you imagine playing 10 years before introducing this physical game changing component? Bad habits are already developed.
    This is the wrong way to look at it.
    The new rules actually encourage contact at earlier ages.
    At u8 small area battles.
    U10 net side battles and battles along the boards. Angling also introduced
    By u12 the only thing missing is open ice trolley track collisions

    Full blown hitting at earlier ages was a detriment


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  4. #1364
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    31
    so my son officially is a general. thoughts? prayers?
    the head of hockey at generals accepted him within 10 mins into practice/tryout. didn't specify which team he's going to be on (they have 5 peewee teams) but I told him any team will do as long as he plays.

  5. #1365
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,900
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    so my son officially is a general. thoughts? prayers?
    the head of hockey at generals accepted him within 10 mins into practice/tryout. didn't specify which team he's going to be on (they have 5 peewee teams) but I told him any team will do as long as he plays.
    RB has a great program. Teams are generally pretty strong. Good luck to him !
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  6. #1366
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,546
    Rep Power
    36
    Agree. Seems to be a well-coached, well run program. It is also the best rink in the area with great ice.

  7. #1367
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    31
    Anything is better than aviator

  8. #1368
    Resident Garbage Clown BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,729
    Rep Power
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    This is the wrong way to look at it.
    The new rules actually encourage contact at earlier ages.
    At u8 small area battles.
    U10 net side battles and battles along the boards. Angling also introduced
    By u12 the only thing missing is open ice trolley track collisions

    Full blown hitting at earlier ages was a detriment


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Commie

  9. #1369
    Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Anything is better than aviator
    You've obviously never played at Dix Hills lol

  10. #1370
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,900
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    You've obviously never played at Dix Hills lol
    True, but Dix Hills is not a top tier program, nor do they claim to be.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  11. #1371
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    You've obviously never played at Dix Hills lol
    played at Dix Hills but not for Dix Hills

  12. #1372
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,554
    Rep Power
    114
    Can't believe tryouts are already starting next week


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  13. #1373
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,900
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Can't believe tryouts are already starting next week


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Lol. We had 12 team practices already. Nuts. Our training camp starts on 8/15. 10 practices in 7 days.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  14. #1374
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,546
    Rep Power
    36
    Mikey, still with the Avs this season? What's the cost of your program this year? Ours feels slightly excessive this season and I just want to start getting some idea of what the other big programs are charging.

  15. #1375
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,900
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Mikey, still with the Avs this season? What's the cost of your program this year? Ours feels slightly excessive this season and I just want to start getting some idea of what the other big programs are charging.
    Yes, still with Avs. I'll text you tomorrow.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  16. #1376
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    31
    why da eff CanAm tourney at lake placid so expensive? cost of hotel (and my share of the tourney fee, I guess) $1000.00

  17. #1377
    Keep your fkin head up BSBH Rookie
    Mikey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,900
    Rep Power
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    why da eff CanAm tourney at lake placid so expensive? cost of hotel (and my share of the tourney fee, I guess) $1000.00
    It's always been that way. Everyone complains, yet they still register. I guess it's the history. We've actually never been up there for a tournament.
    Hidden Content
    $1080 and counting

  18. #1378
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,321
    Rep Power
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    why da eff CanAm tourney at lake placid so expensive? cost of hotel (and my share of the tourney fee, I guess) $1000.00
    Everything in Lake Placid is expensive.

  19. #1379
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey37 View Post
    It's always been that way. Everyone complains, yet they still register. I guess it's the history. We've actually never been up there for a tournament.
    us neither but the generals participate. its better be worth $1000

  20. #1380
    Banned Midget Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,864
    Rep Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Everything in Lake Placid is expensive.
    they better win

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •