• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

There's nothing supposed about it. He shattered it. He's out months last I read, having already undergone surgery to repair it.

I can't really speak to Reigns. I don't watch WWE with any regularity outside clips on YouTube but you're not alone in your hated of him. He's arguably the most hated character since, ironically enough, Rocky Maivia. Cena has been viciously booed, but it reaches vitriolic levels with Reigns, like it did with Maivia, who they serenaded with chants of "die, Rocky, die".

It would be disingenuous of me to pile on given my lack of participation, but I'll say this much—every match I have seen him wrestle I've left astounded, like you, as to why the hell the machine is so staunchly in his corner. I don't see the appeal at all. But I'm an active non-fan (I know that's a misnomer), so my opinion is worthless.

In the interest of transparency, however, I do need to credit his post-Mania "performance" in which he had the crowd eating out of his hand, saying only "this is my yard now" before leaving the ring. After being showered with boos and vile chants for what felt like 15 straight minutes. If you haven't seen that, seek it out. It's worth your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

DDP cut a similar (and much better) promo on him when he debuted (to the one of the top-five loudest pops I've ever heard):

The "big dog" and "yard" stuff occurs at like 3:15.

Phil, I saw it. I wasn't impressed at all. Just bleh. "This is my yard now" after he failed to put Taker away in a legit way. And that's all he had to say. "This is my yard now" BORING. Play into the crowd hatred. Talk shit to THEM. Stop trying to be a baby face. I don't think he had the crowd eating out of his hands at all. I think they were baffled that he would just say that. That and they were tired from booing for so long.. Everything about him is so mediocre. His gimmick, his skills, his mic skills. He's got a good look. I liked him as the muscle of the shield, but this shit is just bad. He needs to be apart of a tag team or faction to shake loose from this fan hatred. Just take the mic away from him. He's fuckin boring!

I was unaware the Strowman elbow was actually real. Figured they gave up on the angle since Strowman was getting over on their guy.

I've spent the last few nights watching old WWF Raw and PPVs on my Firestick. I started watching wrestling in, iirc, September or October of 1998, 8th grade. I basically just went back and started at the 1996 Survivor Series when Rocky Maivia debuted. I can see why everyone hated him. The way they kept pushing him on the fans and talking about how much of a star he was going to be and how much of a perfect athlete he is was very annoying, even to a Rock worshiper like myself. I left off last night with Rocky losing the Intercontinental Championship in April 1997.

• 3 weeks later...
They are partners with Sony Six in India and did a set of tapings out of Mumbai as part of a contractual obligation. First North American pro wrestling company to formally produce a televised wrestling show from India in history. It's actually pretty cool.

The card for Slammiversary looks stacked. Lashley/el Patron, Drake & Adonis v. Moose & DeAngelo Williams, Dutt v. Low Ki, plus appearances from Drago, El Hijo del Fantasma, Marufuji, and Dos Caras, who will be in Patron's corner for the main event match.

Plus, as a total Scott Steiner mark, any time I get a chance to see him, I'm pumped. Even if it's in a bit of a silly match/feud between announcers.