• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Grills

quick release

No. I'm not talking about Nelly's teeth.

Outdoor grills. What kind do you have? How many frustrating grills of shitty quality have you been through?

I'm thinking of buying a Weber. Probably off craigslist. Tis the season.

I hear a Weber costs $98 million for 13 years. I can't commit to that.

I hear a Weber costs $98 million for 13 years. I can't commit to that.

Yeah. The LOWEST version they have is still 400$ and only has two burners with 26k btu's. The one I really want is like 700. I don't have that kind of money. But I figure it's smarter to get an older 2 burner Weber off craigslist. No commitment, and it will last for at least a decade. I'm looking at one now for 100 dollars.

Yeah. The LOWEST version they have is still 400$ and only has two burners with 26k btu's. The one I really want is like 700. I don't have that kind of money. But I figure it's smarter to get an older 2 burner Weber off craigslist. No commitment, and it will last for at least a decade. I'm looking at one now for 100 dollars.

I meant Shea... :D

I dont have natural gas though. Has to be propane. I guess I could get a converter but still those things are massive, expensive, and probably burn through so much propane. I just cant justify that as much as I love cooking on professional grills.

It's not as bad as you think. Just have to find a restaurant that is upgrading. I didn't pay anything for mine and I did covert it to propane. I can usually get 10-15 cookings out of a tank. Not the most efficient thing out there, but so worth it

I grill like a mad man. I currently have a Weber and they are pretty nice but what I'm really after this summer is a Big Green Egg.. After I get my egg I will be looking to trade the Weber is for something from Traeger or Vermont Castings... The shit from Wal Mart is just that... shit.

I grill like a mad man. I currently have a Weber and they are pretty nice but what I'm really after this summer is a Big Green Egg.. After I get my egg I will be looking to trade the Weber is for something from Traeger or Vermont Castings... The shit from Wal Mart is just that... shit.

Never heard of Traeger. Considered a Vermont Castings but from what I read, that company is all over the place. Dude you're in Canada. Get a Napoleon.

I have a $100 Aussie grill, 2 burners, the trick is I know how to cook. Seriously I'm yet to figure out why anyone wants to spend more unless they have a gigantic family or they host the whole street on a regular basis. For me the wife and two kids my lil Aussie is perfect.

125 for a two-burner Weber from a few years ago. And 25 extra for him to deliver it to me an hour+ away. What a deal. The same grill is like 500 brand new when it's all said and done.

Yeah I don't see why people have those massive grills.. Although a rotisserie would be pretty awesome.

Small is fine, until you have 10 people over. Then what? You're fucked, that's what. My Weber isn't huge so I kept my old POS Broil-King for bigger events. Bigger grills are also better for indirect cooking.

More important to me than space is temp control. The Big Green Egg is going to eliminate all the BBQ problems that keep me up at night.

Used to have a Weber for years but switched to a Master Forge dually charcoal grill this year and absolutely love it. Highly recommend it.

http://masterforgegrill.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Master-Forge-Dually-Charcoal-Grill.jpg

High quality materials. Awesome tray for the ashes, warming shelf, you can add coal easily without removing grates during grilling, adjustable distance between food and coal, plenty of shelf space. It's just a product with a lot of thought going into it. Love it.

Get something affordable, but not cheap.

If you grill a lot, you'll go through grills. If you barely grill, you don't need to waste money. If you were a master griller, you wouldnt be asking.

Just check local deals. I've heard nothing but great things about Webers, but even they break down after a while. I have no idea what type of grill I have... propane, something that was originally 200/250 and was $100 off at Home Depot. Works fine. I've had some guys that grill a ton use it and havent had issues.

Weber Performer...LOVE IT! Charcoal grill w/ gas starter

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/weber_performer.jpg

Hey Blue, can you tell me more about that grill? It looks right up my style for something i'd actually want. It gets amazing reviews from customers on homedepot's site.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202014986/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=weber+performer&storeId=10051&superSkuId=203390783#BVRRWidgetID

How do you control the temperature and all that stuff? Seems that all you need is a camping grill style propane tank to hook up to it and it uses charcoal? I saw someone said something on the reviews about getting a smoker kit for it? Do you know? Does it have a temp gauge or just go off of eyeballing it?

I dig it. Easy to use. It does just take a regular camping propane tank. Start it up with the igniter, then turn off the gas and let the charcoals do its thing. Big surface for cooking. Temp gauge is on the top by the handle. 2 areas on the side where you can smoke. Temp gauge is on top by the handle. You control the temp depending on how much to open the vents on the top and bottom. Since it is such a big grilling surface you can do indirect grilling. Im good for cooking burgers, and dogs, my wife is the chef. She's the one that grills steaks, chicken, ribs on it.

i got it b/c of ease of starting the charcoals with the gas and still having that charcoal grill taste instead of gas.

Archived