• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Grills

quick release

I dig it. Easy to use. It does just take a regular camping propane tank. Start it up with the igniter, then turn off the gas and let the charcoals do its thing. Big surface for cooking. Temp gauge is on the top by the handle. 2 areas on the side where you can smoke. Temp gauge is on top by the handle. You control the temp depending on how much to open the vents on the top and bottom. Since it is such a big grilling surface you can do indirect grilling. Im good for cooking burgers, and dogs, my wife is the chef. She's the one that grills steaks, chicken, ribs on it.

i got it b/c of ease of starting the charcoals with the gas and still having that charcoal grill taste instead of gas.

Excuse my igno-ramus but how does the heat control work with the bottom and the holes in the top? I've only used propane in my life.

It works like a damper (sp?) on a woodstove. If you have the holes wide open you will get maximum fuel for the fire and thus a hotter temp.. With them closed and a little bit of practice you can control the exact temp you want for low and slow stuff like ribs or whatever. By closing the vents, you obviously cut the fuel (oxygen) and can control the heat.

It takes some practice, but it's really half the fun.

Archived