• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Steven Stamkos

jsm7302

AT his cap hit. $8.5M for the next 3 years. I'd be curious to what his production 5 on 5 is. It seems like most of his production comes from the power play which he's one on many lethal options. The guy always has some injury going on. He may play through them but that's only going to harder as he get's older. Maybe I'm wrong but he seems to be on the downward side of his career. At $8.5M cap hit that seems crazy to me that anyone would want him at that. He's hardly a driver on that Tampa team.

He has 2 cups. One of which he did not participate in the post season to earn.

This year he was T-8th in ES points in the playoffs (6) out of a total of 18 points, so he definitely dines out on the man advantage. Same held true in the regular season where 18 of his 34 points were at ES (T-10th on the team).

I'm not saying he's the guy to get, by any means, I'm just refuting the idea that he's some walking ambulance who's a ride or two away from the retirement community. He's still a significant, contributing player. The bigger problem with him is he and Zibanejad play the exact same position on the PP, which means one of the two has to move off, or you have to run one on the second unit where he's bound to see a significant drop in PP production due to lack of time.

rather have Landeskog if we're adding a vet as he can play center and might not even have to trade for him

listened to freige on nhl this morning who said landeskog was disappointed nothings been offered yet by colorado. thinks its due to how there gonna pay mackinnon and makar.

i'd love to see this guy on broadway, put the C on him and lets go. he's crazy if he doesnt hit fa and see whats out there at this point.

This year he was T-8th in ES points in the playoffs (6) out of a total of 18 points, so he definitely dines out on the man advantage. Same held true in the regular season where 18 of his 34 points were at ES (T-10th on the team).

I'm not saying he's the guy to get, by any means, I'm just refuting the idea that he's some walking ambulance who's a ride or two away from the retirement community. He's still a significant, contributing player. The bigger problem with him is he and Zibanejad play the exact same position on the PP, which means one of the two has to move off, or you have to run one on the second unit where he's bound to see a significant drop in PP production due to lack of time.

I just think besides the injury issues he's just a player clearly regressing. I'd much rather have Zib in my opinion. I just don't think Stamkos is worth what he's paid for what he does. He has a nasty one timer from the circle. I can't take that away from him but nothing else about his game really makes me think of him as elite. Of course I'm not saying he's not good. He's just not close to $8.5M good

Landeskog makes sense to me, more so then anyone else that's been discussed. Eichel, Tarasenko, Stamkos, etc. Of course trades would have to made afterwards as he's another LW but he does fit the bill to what they need.

I just think besides the injury issues he's just a player clearly regressing. I'd much rather have Zib in my opinion. I just don't think Stamkos is worth what he's paid for what he does. He has a nasty one timer from the circle. I can't take that away from him but nothing else about his game really makes me think of him as elite. Of course I'm not saying he's not good. He's just not close to $8.5M good

Yeah I don't really disagree. He's still a player, but $8.5 million is a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sure. Why not? Definitely has that "it" factor still, and if the price is right he is an identity changer.

I think Colorado will be shifting players out to make room for Landeskog. They're probably going to unload Kadri first, and I really think the Rangers need to be all over him. As I suggested in my thread, they might as well grab Graves from them too.

Yeah I don't really disagree. He's still a player, but $8.5 million is a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't want the guy, but I can't seriously argue that he's not worth 8.5 if bread man is worth 11 plus...

I guess but in today's market does Panarin get $11M?
We're not signing Stamkos as a UFA. I'm sure if we wanted him a small adjustment for flat cap could come in retention... $1.5M? Is he worth 500k more than Kreider? I think so.

We're not signing Stamkos as a UFA. I'm sure if we wanted him a small adjustment for flat cap could come in retention... $1.5M? Is he worth 500k more than Kreider? I think so.

I think he's worth $7M just not so much for the Rangers