• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Suter

Phil

It's probably more like:

Fox-Lindgren

Suter-Trouba

Miller-Lundkvist

Miller-Lundkvist can get sheltered as much as possible. Suter is the puck-mover on that second pairing and allows Trouba to hang back some and not have to worry about his lack of foot speed.

Link:

I'd do two years at $1M per. He's earned over $100M on his contracts up until this point so I'm not sure if he's looking to milk much more. $1M is a safe number and can be stowed away if he completely falls off in year two.

The problem is, teams will line up to make offers, so unless you can convince him that the Rangers are his best chance at winning (they won't be), you've probably got to pony up more to incentivize him moving to NYC. Two years at even $5 million total ($2.5 million AAV) isn't breaking their backs.

The problem is, teams will line up to make offers, so unless you can convince him that the Rangers are his best chance at winning (they won't be), you've probably got to pony up more to incentivize him moving to NYC. Two years at even $5 million total ($2.5 million AAV) isn't breaking their backs.

It isn't. And that's space easily created by moving on from Georgiev if need be.

I like this more than other options.

I like this one as well, but I was thinking he would be looking more for a team that's on the cusp of winning sooner than later. He definitely makes sense to go after, and would be a better option than Brendan Smith in my eyes. Even the cost would be really friendly.

I say take a shot, what the fuck, why not?

Maybe he wants to check out the Big Apple! I'd think he'd be looking more at teams like Boston, Caps and possibly Colorado but what the hell do I know? ;)

People who leave Nashville for Minny because they want to go home where it's more "low key" don't often go to NY...

Im always interested in the possibility of getting guys coming off of buyouts. They come cheap.

Fox-Lindgren

Touba-Miller

Suter-Lundkvist/Jones

Not opposed if he comes cheap. Might mean including Reunnanen in a deal for a forward

nr1wddg7o5h61.jpg

• Like 1

People who leave Nashville for Minny because they want to go home where it's more "low key" don't often go to NY...

Yup, but that was like a decade ago. What he wants now may be slightly different.

If he's still prioritizing location, it's really Chicago, Winnipeg, Detroit, maybe STL. If he wants something else, who knows?

Indeed. But sometimes stuff changes. Weber's a Hab. He didn't want to go to New York for the same reason but signed an offer sheet with the Flyers and accepted a trade to one of the most rabid fan bases in all of Canada.

I’d have a hard time thinking any bought out player signing in a location with heavy taxation. A lower valued contract stretches much more in places like Florida or Vegas. I could see Vegas walking away from Martinez and picking up a guy like Suter on the cheap.

I’d have a hard time thinking any bought out player signing in a location with heavy taxation. A lower valued contract stretches much more in places like Florida or Vegas. I could see Vegas walking away from Martinez and picking up a guy like Suter on the cheap.

This makes sense too....

....figures it comes from this Keirik fella!! ;)

Great. He's going to fucking Tampa, isn't he?