• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | Stanley Cup Final | (C3) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

Phil

Who wins?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lightning in 4
    • Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

Just a bizarre ending to a bizarre season.

Thankfully, next season will start on time, be a full 82 games, divisions will go back to normal and all arenas will likely have fans.

Watching 2 Eastern Conference teams play for the Cup feels like a video game. And, to put it mildly, Montreal doesn’t belong on the same ice as Tampa. Total mismatch. Good on them making it this far, but totally overmatched here.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Isles took Tampa to a 1 goal game 7.

If the Rangers did this no one here would care.

Doesn’t matter, Tampa was clearly the better team that series as well and it shouldn’t have even gone that long.

There’s obviously a problem, they played the system and got an unfair advantage...it has nothing to do with the Rangers so stop with that.

Doesn’t matter, Tampa was clearly the better team that series as well and it shouldn’t have even gone that long.

There’s obviously a problem, they played the system and got an unfair advantage...it has nothing to do with the Rangers so stop with that.

I think even without Kucherov Tampa was a better team than any other but i get what you mean

Tampa was good enough to make the playoffs without their best player. If you want to call that unfair, I guess.

The quirk that allowed Tampa to do this will be fixed in the next CBA. It's not a situation that is likely to repeat itself in the interim. Teams are not going to routinely mothball their best player for an entire regular season. Even contenders can miss the playoffs (Rangers: Pres Trophy 92; Missed 93; Devils: Stanley Cup 95; missed 96).

If it kept the Islanders from winning the cup, I'm not complaining about it. Moreover, hearing the Islanders' fans complain about it is gratifying. Let them put up a "Stanley Cup Champions (but-for Kucherov)" banner in their new arena.

BTW. Doubt they would have won Game 6 had Kuch been playing.

Sure does. It's clear as day that the Isles were basically one win away from a sure shot Stanley Cup.

And let's make sure that's the closest they get. I root for the Islanders to lose 70% as intensely as I root for the Rangers to win.

Behind the Panthers and Canes, the same two teams they rolled over in the playoffs, strange how that worked out...
They beat the Panthers because Bob imploded, and all the games against Carolina were essentially one games.

I don't understand why we want to punish teams for being good, and playing by the rules.

They beat the Panthers because Bob imploded, and all the games against Carolina were essentially one games.

I don't understand why we want to punish teams for being good, and playing by the rules.

Bob imploded or Tampa is just heavily stacked team? I’ll choose the latter.

Who said anything about punishing them? They exploited a loophole that needs to be addressed.

Bob imploded or Tampa is just heavily stacked team? I’ll choose the latter.

Who said anything about punishing them? They exploited a loophole that needs to be addressed.

Bob and Dreidger imploded.

6cda49e0caa1bca914b7b46a43285ed5.jpg

I'm totally throwing up a stinker in Montreal for the chance to win at home. They are so obviously the better team that it is almost a guarantee win going back to their fans in Tampa.

Haha but in pro sports, I doubt this happens.

And Stamkos, right?

If you don’t think there’s an issue with the loophole, then you’re just being hard headed at this point, I don’t know what else to tell you.

Not sure what Stamkos has to do with it.

Also don't agree with it being a loophole. A guy was injured and now he isn't. This isn't the first time and won't be the last.

How would you close this loophole?

Also don't agree with it being a loophole. A guy was injured and now he isn't. This isn't the first time and won't be the last.

Stamkos was also on LTIR and comes back just in time for the playoffs. Kucherov skated for a month and was conveniently ready for game 1 of the playoffs. It’s a salary cap loophole that they took advantage of, I’m sorry you can’t see it or don’t want to admit it. Either way, I’m tired of discussing it

Stamkos was also on LTIR and comes back just in time for the playoffs. Kucherov skated for a month and was conveniently ready for game 1 of the playoffs. It’s a salary cap loophole that they took advantage of, I’m sorry you can’t see it or don’t want to admit it. Either way, I’m tired of discussing it
How would you close it?

I can't blame the Lightning for using it, but it's easy to hate them for abusing it. Don't you think it should be changed or adjusted?

I can't blame the Lightning for using it, but it's easy to hate them for abusing it. Don't you think it should be changed or adjusted?
Does it really matter? First, I said they need to find a solution and we both know you won’t accept any answer I give anyway.

Happy 4th

How would you change it?

How would you change it?

Seems like there's a few ways to do it. Require a salary cap to be adhered to during the playoffs? Require a number of games played in the regular season to qualify for playoff play? Significantly reduce the amount of LTIR pool that exists when shelving a player long term (something less than a dollar for dollar cushion to replace who you lose)?