• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21 | NDSR | (N3) Winnipeg Jets vs. (N4) Montreal Canadiens

Who Wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7

Someone built Shanahan's Wheel of Justice years ago. It was a randomizer website that you clicked to spin and it would just give you whatever the result lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone built Shanahan's Wheel of Justice years ago. It was a randomizer website that you clicked to spin and it would just give you whatever the result lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lmao now that you mention it I remember that. It’s probably not far off from what they actually do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at kadri 8 games, scheifele 4 games, reaves 2 games, tom wilson fine for panarin is that they are trying to eliminate the head shots that lead to head injuries and concussions. If they want to eliminate those plays they would rather go on the harsh side. I’d argue that Wilson could have led to a catastrophic injury and that it is a mistake to let the severity of injury dictate the harshness, but nhl is obviously fixated on head injuries

You can watch the video here:

https://www.nhl.com/video/scheifele-suspended-four-games/t-277440360/c-8516240

Or just be mad with your head in the sand. 4 games is surprising to me, especially if 1 playoff game equals 2 regular season games. I figured 1 or 2 would be fine.

Or you can keep your own head in the sand about how inconsistent the NHL is when applying discipline.

This hit happens 5 times...with 5 outcomes.

The DPS agreeing with you doesn't make either of you "right".

You just guessed the same. Today.

• Like 1

Or you can keep your own head in the sand about how inconsistent the NHL is when applying discipline.

This hit happens 5 times...with 5 outcomes.

The DPS agreeing with you doesn't make either of you "right".

You just guessed the same. Today.

Did you watch the video? Would you like to refute anything they said? They did a good job of laying out the case, I thought.

You said it's perfectly legal. It clearly isn't. There's a gray area somewhere in between for sure. But "perfectly legal" is pretty absolute.

You can watch the video here:

https://www.nhl.com/video/scheifele-suspended-four-games/t-277440360/c-8516240

Or just be mad with your head in the sand. 4 games is surprising to me, especially if 1 playoff game equals 2 regular season games. I figured 1 or 2 would be fine.

I don't agree with the summation that the outcome of the play was already decided at the time Scheifele committed to the hit. I don't agree with the cop out description of "after the puck was in the net, Scheifele delivered the hit". He committed to the hit well before the puck was in the net, and there was like a tenth of a second between puck crossing the line versus contact. It was about as bang-bang as you can get. Watching this thing in slow-mo like they did in the video is ridiculous, because the game isn't played at that speed. Slow-mo is good for these kinds of things when trying to evaluate point of contact and that's about it. I don't agree with the comment about choosing to not play the puck means he was conceding an empty net goal. I think josh already hit the nail on the head there as to why he couldn't play the puck:

And do people realize if Sheifele stretches for that pick, He’s in a horrible position? He’d take Evans shoulder to the head, go shoulder first into the post, or go head first into the board

Physicality was the only option, and he had to hope he got there in time. He was a tiny fraction of a second too late.

Only thing I agree with in the video was that it is, in fact, charging. That's a minor or major penalty in game. A major was already assessed.

Did you watch the video? Would you like to refute anything they said? They did a good job of laying out the case, I thought.

You said it's perfectly legal. It clearly isn't. There's a gray area somewhere in between for sure. But "perfectly legal" is pretty absolute.

I was being somewhat facetious with perfectly legal, I didn't think it was suspension worthy however.

I don't know how he gets five, a game, and four playoff games when Zadorov gets 2 mins for this.

I was being somewhat facetious with perfectly legal, I didn't think it was suspension worthy however.

I don't know how he gets five, a game, and four playoff games when Zadorov gets 2 mins for this.

Don’t know why you’re confused I already explained it:

48a4066f809b21e80fd95a0f14a06736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My initial thought, and I have heard this echoed by Anson Carter and others, is why didn't he play the puck? His best chance would have been not to break stride, perhaps dive, and go for the puck with his stick. He would have gotten there sooner. A charge is judged, in addition to strides, by whether you go for the puck when its available.

Dive? Yeah right, and kill yourself into the boards out of control

No, he didn't. He skated about 150 feet to aggressively back check on a play going the other way and then coasted with that gained speed for like the final 20 feet in order to hit Evans.

So you gain speed by coasting eh

I think we've discovered perpetual motion

$5k fine probably but that hit was dirty and I would expect nonsense next game if there’s no suspension

Should have just left him unabated to the net I guess

Evans fucked himself by not looking and turning into an oncoming train