• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#47) Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers // Jonesing for a Win

Right. They're an elite defensive team (9th GA/GP, 5th PK, etc) with tremendous offensive talent (7th GF/GP). They are making progress. They're just hitting a wall because they're homogeneous. They need another gear. Another option. Like what the Leafs did, who were facing the same issue the last two years. So they intentionally went out and acquired pieces that gave them what they were missing.

How do you propose they fix the homogeneity? Who are the odd men out?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you propose they fix the homogeneity? Who are the odd men out?

I think they have to do some shuffling, RMC...

This is my opinion, and I drink a lot...so go easy on me ;)

Chytil is a guy I think we could move

Kreider is a good 3rd line player, the only problem is that he's signed as a top 6 guy for an eternity.

Kravvy should be in Kreider's spot

Rooney gave us a good season, but I think we can do better...and bigger.

Howden is out...plain and simple

Di Giuseppe is out

Bitetto was a nice story, but there's no room at the Inn for him

Hajek I think will be supplanted quickly

I also think we should try to move Georgiev...It won't happen but he's not needed...I'd rather have Kinkaid

That's my version of trimming the tree branches....

I think they have to do some shuffling, RMC...

This is my opinion, and I drink a lot...so go easy on me ;)

Kreider is a good 3rd line player, the only problem is that he's signed as a top 6 guy for an eternity.

Di Giuseppe is out

I also think we should try to move Georgiev...It won't happen but he's not needed...I'd rather have Kinkaid

Is the 3rd/4th line change up good enough? Your top 6 will be the same next year? Same east to west style of players getting the bulk of the minutes.

These aren’t hot takes.

Great. All of what you posted. So he’s given all of that, yet can’t make it translate into consistent hockey. What do you hear Quinn say in press conferences. “Play smart hockey.”

What do we do? Take penalties.

“Play north/south hockey”

What do we do? Play east/west hockey

“Need to get pucks to the net”

What do we do? Pass pass pass pass

What has this team showed you to make you believe next year isn’t going to be the same inconsistent shit? It’s not even about seeing ALF and Kakko being the second coming. It’s about winning hockey games. Progressing forward. It’s just a rollercoaster. That’s Quinn. Rollercoaster of results, rollercoaster of accountability, rollercoaster of lines, decisions, and rollercoaster of effort. I’m positive Quinn is not the right guy to take the next step. All those positives you mentioned above. Still can’t get this team to the next level. This is his leveling off point. The sooner this organization realizes that,the sooner we can get this team to where they need to be.

All fair. But we don't know whether Quiin is saying exactly these kinds of things to the players and they're ignoring him.

Quinn is not the guy making that extra pass every time while passing up open shots.

Quinn is not the guy passing around the perimeter every PP so Zib or Panarin can take a blast on the 45th pass. When it works, looks great, but mostly ends up wide and out of the zone. Point of comparison last night; Flyers are no more talented than NYR, but they have JVR, Giroux and Voracheck who sensibly on the PP 1. put bodies in front of the net and 2. take accurate wristers or slaps on net. Now nobody is going to confuse AV with Herb Brooks, but it works, and NYR do not do it often enough.

Fair to note though the coach isn't changing this tendency. Not unprecedented ever for this franchise (see 1991 through 1993, Messier's line vs. Roger Nielsen) to have the superstars do their own thing and ignore the coach. Everything I've heard and read is management loves Quinn, but this is untenable. It didn't work vs. the Canes last summer, it will never work in the playoffs. You cannot win in the playoffs by staying outside all night. Either you need a coach they respect and listen to, or you trade someone. Or Davidson and Gorton sit down with the key players and ask WTF is going on here.

Is the 3rd/4th line change up good enough? Your top 6 will be the same next year? Same east to west style of players getting the bulk of the minutes.

I don't mind having a top flight, high flying first line, but I'd like to get a tough mucker sprinkled in on that 2nd line, and our third line should be something that resembles that Isles 3rd line, that we can trust and play a different "Bull in a China shop" kinda style, and can win a faceoff when needed.

The 4th line should be a somewhat mirror of the 3rd line with some different quirks; Kind of a mixed bag of tricks with some size, spunk, and toughness....especially toughness!!!

Was actually going to open a thread on it this afternoon.

I'll be at Happy Hour, so here you go Phil....

Take mine before I "P.W.I".

This is my opinion, and I drink a lot...so go easy on me

Di Giuseppe is out

I'll be at Happy Hour, so here you go Phil....

Take mine before I "P.W.I".

This is my opinion, and I drink a lot...so go easy on me

Di Giuseppe is out

Rooney would be ok for 4th line center.

They definitely need a 3rd line center that can win a faceoff, kill penalties and score a little bit.

Biggest problem on the team is they have 8 forwards (9 if you count Chytil) vying for top 6 forward spots.