• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BOS Acquire Taylor Hall, Curtis Lazar from BUF for Anders Bjork, 2nd-Round Pick

Phil

Neither Bjork or Lazar are very good at all. Then again, neither is Hall. ?\_(ツ)_/?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hall might be having the worst two year stretch of his career, but fucks sake, he's still light years better than either of those players.

This trade was highway robbery. Yet another bungle in Buffalo.

Hall might be having the worst two year stretch of his career, but fucks sake, he's still light years better than either of those players.

This trade was highway robbery. Yet another bungle in Buffalo.

He has two goals in nearly 40 games. He's reputation without reality right now. They're lucky they got a 2nd.

He has two goals in nearly 40 games. He's reputation without reality right now. They're lucky they got a 2nd.

He's on some kind of cold streak, yeah, but I still think that if Buffalo sat on him for 10 more hours, someone ponies up more than this. His underlying numbers are surprisingly good. He's still putting up half a point a game on a team that is, quite literally, historically awful.

I'm not sure he's as broken as people make him out to be - even last year he was at around .83 PPG - roughly his career average.

This is literally the most Sabres possible outcome from their gamble on Hall. The only way this looks good for the Sabres is if Hall absolutely shits the bed in Boston.

He's on some kind of cold streak, yeah, but I still think that if Buffalo sat on him for 10 more hours, someone ponies up more than this. His underlying numbers are surprisingly good. He's still putting up half a point a game on a team that is, quite literally, historically awful.

I'm not sure he's as broken as people make him out to be - even last year he was at around .83 PPG - roughly his career average.

This is literally the most Sabres possible outcome from their gamble on Hall. The only way this looks good for the Sabres is if Hall absolutely shits the bed in Boston.

And he makes a significant amount of money. The market for his services was likely light, especially with the Isles picking up Palmieri and the Panthers signing Gusev. Who else was left to trade for Hall?

I don't think anyone thinks Taylor Hall is now a 2 goals in 40 games guy forever. But when making these trades for basically a 15-30 game sprint, you gotta trade based on what his value is in the moment. And that value is basically rock bottom. There's not a lot of time to unlock his true potential.

If Hall is on a "cold streak" it's merely a bit chilly in Antarctica...

A 2d round pick for the 16 games plus playoffs from an unlikely improved Hall does not represent a great deal for the Bruins.

People are talking about Hall being a disaster for Buffalo, but they gave up nothing for him and just paid him for part of a shortened season on the chance he'd turn it around and find a home. Can't really say that was a bad move.