• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It's (C)hris Kreider Time

LindG1000

All of the added depth guys have been quite good. Rooney is another guy who has stepped in and did a nice job. I'm not too surprised about it because he was always solid defensively with New Jersey and is consistent. I never imagined the production they've gotten from Blackwell so far.

All of the added depth guys have been quite good. Rooney is another guy who has stepped in and did a nice job. I'm not too surprised about it because he was always solid defensively with New Jersey and is consistent. I never imagined the production they've gotten from Blackwell so far.

i think Blackwell is coming down to earth, to his own self. i think he exhausted his bag of tricks. just IMO

Say what you want about Blackwell, but the guy is a great leading example of how to bring it every night in the NHL...same with Bitetto, and I left out Rooney (Thanks Sharpy!!). Those guys I think have rubbed off not only on the kids, but on guys like Kreider.

There's something about CK1 these last 4 or 5 weeks, that I haven't seen in years past though; He's very "noticeable"! I mean, even when he doesn't hit the scoresheet, he's been very active along the boards, throwing hits, sticking up for teammates, playing actively in the defensive zone, killing penalties, and most of all, acknowledgement of the young guns.

He always seems to be chatting it up with his teammates every time the camera scans the bench.

Like I said, I hope this is his evolution, and not just a flash in the pan. He's got his big contract, so I can't say he's playing for a deal....so maybe....just maybe....he's arrived?? :cool:

• Like 1

Say what you want about Blackwell, but the guy is a great leading example of how to bring it every night in the NHL...same with Bitetto, and I left out Rooney (Thanks Sharpy!!). Those guys I think have rubbed off not only on the kids, but on guys like Kreider.

There's something about CK1 these last 4 or 5 weeks, that I haven't seen in years past though; He's very "noticeable"! I mean, even when he doesn't hit the scoresheet, he's been very active along the boards, throwing hits, sticking up for teammates, playing actively in the defensive zone, killing penalties, and most of all, acknowledgement of the young guns.

He always seems to be chatting it up with his teammates every time the camera scans the bench.

Like I said, I hope this is his evolution, and not just a flash in the pan. He's got his big contract, so I can't say he's playing for a deal....so maybe....just maybe....he's arrived?? :cool:

will you change your tune when he disappears for 14 games?

If you want to write the Rangers' fairy tale, he is the captain. Last of the holdovers from the old team, the guy who came so close but wasn't able to grab the brass ring in 2014. Comes into his own to unite the kiddie prodigies and lead them to the promised land of an MSG Stanley Cup.

I share the doubts of many as to whether he's that guy, but sure would make a good story if he is.

If you want to write the Rangers' fairy tale, he is the captain. I share the doubts of many as to whether he's that guy, but sure would make a good story if he is.

Reading this somehow reminded me of Chris' first appearance with the team during the playoffs...damn if he didn't make a strong impression on all of us. Tell the truth, who didn't say we just landed Superman?

Maybe it's just me, but ever since Blackwell/Bitetto got here, there's been a much more sustained concerted effort in games.....Coincidence??

You know what it is? These guys aren't saying the typical stuff you hear from players. They are hanging by a thread for their NHL lives and they are honest about it. They're refreshing to hear. Bitetto should most definitely be kept in the organization just for being such a Ranger fan. I'm not talking top 6 or even 7. Two way deal or even a coaching gig. Analyst. Something.

You know what it is? These guys aren't saying the typical stuff you hear from players. They are hanging by a thread for their NHL lives and they are honest about it. They're refreshing to hear. Bitetto should most definitely be kept in the organization just for being such a Ranger fan. I'm not talking top 6 or even 7. Two way deal or even a coaching gig. Analyst. Something.

The guy's a serviceable player...no need to fix it if it ain't broke! I like him and his dedication...very likable player. :thumbs:

Reading this somehow reminded me of Chris' first appearance with the team during the playoffs...damn if he didn't make a strong impression on all of us. Tell the truth, who didn't say we just landed Superman?

So true when he burst on to the scene he was a freight train and when he is on his game he is good as any power forward in the game today, but he does pull the disappearing act from time to time which drives us all nuts.

I was thinking the same a few days ago. He came in and just did as he pleased. Where did that shot go? Where's that speed with moves to the net?

When this guy decides he wants it, he plays this way. I dunno what it is. It's always something with him. With this run he's on he's due for his typical injury. Sorry. Just his career story. That or he starts talking penalties and tones it down.