• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It's (C)hris Kreider Time

LindG1000

It's just time to give him the C.

Say what you want - he's streaky, he takes the first chunk of the season "off", whatever. The whole group sees him as a leader, a mentor, and damn it if he doesn't show up when the team needs him in every way possible. He's earned his leadership stripes. Just watching how he handles the kids - and the peers on the team, how he defends his teammates in the media - he knows what to do and how to do it.

It's time for Captain Kreider.

• Like 1

He's stepped up big time in Panarin's absence. It's huge. He also continues to be the only player on this team that goes to the net and makes his home there. That's where a majority of his goals are coming from. But, thirteen goals already at this point in the season? Wow. I think he's fourth or fifth in the league now in goals after these couple of hat tricks.

It's just time to give him the C.

Say what you want - he's streaky, he takes the first chunk of the season "off", whatever. The whole group sees him as a leader, a mentor, and damn it if he doesn't show up when the team needs him in every way possible. He's earned his leadership stripes. Just watching how he handles the kids - and the peers on the team, how he defends his teammates in the media - he knows what to do and how to do it.

It's time for Captain Kreider.

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon here, and finally board the CK Express. I think this guy has finally come full circle. Just watching how he acts with the kids, and at the end of the games. He even hugged Mika when he played a little better when he left the ice the other night.

I have to say it..... He's been ....GREAT....and I think over the last 10-12 games he's really earned that "C". :cheers:

I maintain that leadership/captaincy is one area of the game we know next to nothing about. We're not around these guys to actually see them leading, or to hear who has control of the room, but this is one of those I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true moments. Kreider is this team's captain. It's painfully obvious to anyone who watches any broadcast or listens to any post-game, or reads any column by any writer.

It's looking like he's gotten past it a little...or at least I'm trying to be positive with him a little more, Pete.

Here's to this not being just that one flash in a season....but it appears like "he wants it". I hope I'm not wrong and I do actually want the guy to take the lead here because I think the kids are responding much more of late....I'd like to think it coincides with Ck grabbing the bull by the balls more in that locker room.

I maintain that leadership/captaincy is one area of the game we know next to nothing about. We're not around these guys to actually see them leading, or to hear who has control of the room, but this is one of those I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true moments. Kreider is this team's captain. It's painfully obvious to anyone who watches any broadcast or listens to any post-game, or reads any column by any writer.

Yes, when he's playing like this.

He's just not always playing like this.

Yes, when he's playing like this.

He's just not always playing like this.

Agreed, but it's a confluence of factors. They, I think, pretty clearly have no desire to name a captain who may end up traded or left to walk in free agency a year from now (Zibanejad), and there isn't some standout leadership star up-and-comer who it just makes sense to hand the reigns to immediately (think Toews). I suppose they can just opt to not name anyone, still, but the more I watch and listen and read, the less I can really accept the idea that they "don't have a captain." They do. They just don't seem to want to name him as such.

Laf gets named captain in the off-season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think so too. Said it since we won the lottery.

Kreider may «deserve» it, but I still think they’re waiting for Lafreniere to mature just a little bit. One season is enough I guess.

Quinn has already said it a couple of times that he see a future leader in him. Same has been said by other coaches/scouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Just no. He’s fine as an A. If he were captain material, he’d already be captain. His been on the team for a decade and they haven’t had a captain since McD I think right? Takes too many stretches off where his only contribution is a dumb penalty. Pass.

Just no. He’s fine as an A. If he were captain material, he’d already be captain. His been on the team for a decade and they haven’t had a captain since McD I think right? Takes too many stretches off where his only contribution is a dumb penalty. Pass.

You know????? .....just when I was buying into him!!! :rofl:

You know????? .....just when I was buying into him!!! :rofl:

Yeah lol that’s like the last 8 or so years of this guy.....”yeah finally he’s turned the corner, look at this beast......

Wait, where did he go? I swear he was just here?”

When Kreider plays the way he has been of late, he loses the Casper cape and we start to sit up a bit in our chairs. The convo turns to, "See, he can lead a team by example; Going to the net is paying off." I found myself getting re-absorbed by this thinking when reading this thread and thinking about his outstanding play.

But then I'm reminded of all the games he pisses me (us) off! Stretches of games where the GDTs contain, "Is Kreider playing tonight?" Yeah, on the hot streak he's golden and a great role model for young players. When he stops moving his legs though and plays games like its an Ice Capades skate we'll be cursing his contract yet again.

The dude is a leopard. No vote of "C" from me. (C for confidence and C for Captain.)

I would be ok with CK. No way imo does Laf get it and certainly not this off season. Doesn't matter what Quinn says or thinks his opinion will carry as much weight as ours when he's either sitting home on his couch or back in the college ranks.

Yeah lol that’s like the last 8 or so years of this guy.....”yeah finally he’s turned the corner, look at this beast......

Wait, where did he go? I swear he was just here?”

When Kreider plays the way he has been of late, he loses the Casper cape and we start to sit up a bit in our chairs. The convo turns to, "See, he can lead a team by example; Going to the net is paying off." I found myself getting re-absorbed by this thinking when reading this thread and thinking about his outstanding play.

But then I'm reminded of all the games he pisses me (us) off! Stretches of games where the GDTs contain, "Is Kreider playing tonight?" Yeah, on the hot streak he's golden and a great role model for young players. When he stops moving his legs though and plays games like its an Ice Capades skate we'll be cursing his contract yet again.

The dude is a leopard. No vote of "C" from me. (C for confidence and C for Captain.)

I know, I hear ya, fellas....I just WANNA believe this is the guy we drafted.

You know, I hope it's not an effort thing. Because the real shame of it is, when he "wants to" he can turn it on and dominate. We've been hearing about his tremendous physical abilities since he was drafted but he just never seemed to put it all together.

Like, I almost feel as though if he wanted to, he could utterly dominate every game with his shot, skating and strength. Dude's body is built for hockey the way Phelps' was built for swimming.

All of this being said, he's an elder statesman on a young team, he's gonna be here for years (probably), I don't think he'll change at all with the pressure of the C, and I really, really liked the way he came to Zib's defense in the post game interview yesterday.

He's probably the best option TBH.

Maybe it's just me, but ever since Blackwell/Bitetto got here, there's been a much more sustained concerted effort in games.....Coincidence??

I wouldn't say it's a coincidence at all. I think someone like Bitetto who has been in and out of the lineup as frequently as he has in his career knows the type of energy he has to bring when he does slot in. I believe Bitetto has said as much in one of his interviews, and Brendan Smith has alluded to adapting his game similarly. Blackwell has mentioned this might be his last shot to really prove that he can do something in the NHL so he certainly has some underlying motivation. There's a benefit to having players like Bitetto, Blackwell, Smith, etc. because they don't get complacent. They know how hard it is to earn a role so they'll attempt to make the most of it with the opportunities they can get.

• Like 1