• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2020-21: Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really killed the Rangers was when they won all of those four games against New Jersey and didn't gain any ground at all because Boston had a winning streak too. Playoffs are still possible, of course, but even if they only gained two points during that stretch, it would have been big. They got out of that with nothing to show for it, except for a confidence boost.

Islanders sandwich destruction of Rangers between three losses to Caps and two to Buffalo. I just watched a good part of the second game against Buffalo and I couldn't believe that we were absolutely destroyed 13-1 by this team.

Buffalo played with spirit and an ECHL goalie. They clearly lacked talent and did not make plays that decent NHL teams make, but they still gave the Islanders more than they could handle. The Islanders were utterly pedestrian. I have to be optimistic about a rapid playoff exit after seeing this, but the Islanders can seem to morph from a drab to team to a really tough one very quickly. We'll see.

Toronto has been in a stay at home order since November.

The entire Province is in a stay at home order until probably early June. Just today, my heath unit registered two, TWO, cases. There were three people in hospital, not even two months ago. Its simply too dangerous to go to the skate board park right now.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/pandemic-bylaw-teen-fined-skate-park-1.6017221

Dallas's loss today means Rangers pick last among non-playoff teams and Seattle. I think that means 15th, as Arizona was stripped of its picks. We have a less than 2% chance of moving up in the lottery. (Can you imagine the cries of "fix" if we did?).