Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 108

Thread: "No Question" Rangers to Check in on Pierre-Luc Dubois

  1. #1
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,289
    Rep Power
    393

    "No Question" Rangers to Check in on Pierre-Luc Dubois

    https://theathletic.com/2309307/2021...-dubois-trade/

    New York Rangers: Eventually, I?m guessing next summer, the Rangers are going to get around to finding another top-6 centre for their talented lineup. Can you imagine if that?s Dubois? A 1-2 punch at centre of Mika Zibanejad and Dubois and all that talent on the wings? Yikes. There?s absolutely no question in my mind the Rangers will be among the many teams who check in with Columbus. The fly in the ointment is that Columbus ideally would rather avoid trading within their own (normal) division. So there?s that. But as far as a need and fit, this is a good one.
    Probably stating the obvious, but there it is.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  2. #2
    Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    3,278
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    https://theathletic.com/2309307/2021...-dubois-trade/



    Probably stating the obvious, but there it is.
    Good find G Man!!!! Next year with all the dead cap space available I think we're going to have lots of options!

  3. #3
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    32,212
    Rep Power
    481
    Pionk + 1st and I'd do it.


    I'm not as high on this guy as most. I really dont want to give up a top prospect for a team not expected to make the playoffs.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    71
    I mean, NOT checking would be negligence on Gort's part.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    53
    [QUOTE=josh;1038835]Pionk + 1st and I'd do it.

    Maybe we can get him for the No. 7 overall that we got from Arizona...

  6. #6
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    92,146
    Rep Power
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pionk + 1st and I'd do it.


    I'm not as high on this guy as most. I really dont want to give up a top prospect for a team not expected to make the playoffs.
    Give 'em Lias Andersson, eh?
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Sharpshooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,247
    Rep Power
    46
    [QUOTE=Sod16;1038850]
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pionk + 1st and I'd do it.

    Maybe we can get him for the No. 7 overall that we got from Arizona...
    With the possibility of getting Lias Andersson out there? No chance.

  8. #8
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    32,212
    Rep Power
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Give 'em Lias Andersson, eh?
    You are talking roster player Strome/Buch/Deangelo/Chytil
    a top prospect Kravtsov/miller/lundkvist/Schneider
    a b prospect Robertson/Pajuniemi/Jones/Henriksson
    plus a 1st

    So, the equivalent of 4 K'Andre Miller's for a guy that put up 10 less points than Strome last season?

    the cost for PLD wont go up in the next few seasons. No need to make the move now. Wait until he whines about his next contract and see where the team is at that point.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Give 'em Lias Andersson, eh?
    Facetious

  10. #10
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    92,146
    Rep Power
    602
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #11
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    32,212
    Rep Power
    481
    Already have the Kreider and Trouba contracts to worry about.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    1,315
    Rep Power
    43
    Torts just just mentioned on Wednesday, 1/13, that DuBois wants out but doesn't know exactly why. Strome and Buch for the young padawan. Getter done.

  13. #13
    Junior Member buchnevichblows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Chytil, Kravtsov, Jones and DeAngelo for Dubois. Get it done. Dubois will be a star here and his game is built for the playoffs. None of those 4 guys is a big part of this team going forward. Or top 2 lines wing wise will be set going forward.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Flynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    2,043
    Rep Power
    71
    Nice username

  15. #15
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,289
    Rep Power
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Torts just just mentioned on Wednesday, 1/13, that DuBois wants out but doesn't know exactly why. Strome and Buch for the young padawan. Getter done.
    Torts shoots straight, but I doubt Torts just goes out and gives the actual reason because I'm certain it's either team or city damaging.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  16. #16
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    53
    I was initially skeptical, but I think a package that looks like the Nash deal would be mutually beneficial. Some of the suggestions made above are bit rich and some are unrealistically tight, but I think something can be worked out here, though I haven't really endeavored to figure out the cap implications.

    I just get he sense that our quest for a good 2d center may turn out to be like the quest for the great white whale. We might as well bite the bullet and put the quest behind us. As many good young prospects we have on D and on the wings, we don't really have much at center in that regard. There will probably have to be ballsy trade at some point.

    Give Alexis a fellow cheese eating surrender monkey to chill with.

    And here I thought winter here in Minnesota is bad. Apparently nothing like winter in Columbus with Torts.
    Last edited by Sod16; 01-18-2021 at 05:12 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Winter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by buchnevichblows View Post
    Chytil, Kravtsov, Jones and DeAngelo for Dubois. Get it done. Dubois will be a star here and his game is built for the playoffs. None of those 4 guys is a big part of this team going forward. Or top 2 lines wing wise will be set going forward.
    If Buchnevich blows then Kravtsov is a very key part to our team going forward.

  18. #18
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    20,289
    Rep Power
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I was initially skeptical, but I think a package that looks like the Nash deal would be mutually beneficial. Some of the suggestions made above are bit rich and some are unrealistically tight, but I think something can be worked out here, though I haven't really endeavored to figure out the cap implications.

    I just get he sense that our quest for a good 2d center may turn out to be like the quest for the great white whale. We might as well bite the bullet and put the quest behind us. As many good young prospects we have on D and on the wings, we don't really have much at center in that regard. There will probably have to be ballsy trade at some point.

    Give Alexis a fellow cheese eating surrender monkey to chill with.

    And here I thought winter here in Minnesota is bad. Apparently nothing like winter in Columbus with Torts.
    The Nash deal might be a tad heavy value-wise. That was two young mid-six centers (Dubinsky, 25, and Anisimov, 23) - both of whom were coming off roughly .5 ppg seasons, plus a top prospect (Tim Erixon was probably a top 5 prospect in the system at the time), plus a 1st - and the return was a 27 year old coming off five straight 30+ goal seasons on a club that flat-out could not score outside of him. PLD is a center, and he's young - that certainly helps push his value.

    I'd guess that in this sort of deal, Chytil is the centerpiece. The Rangers would probably want to deal a prospect from a place of strength, so I'd guess someone like Robertson goes. The first is non-negotiable here.

    I do that. I don't love trading Chytil, but with the return being PLD, it's hard to complain.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  19. #19
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Holbrook, NY
    Posts
    544
    Rep Power
    32
    Chytil & ADA for PLD.

  20. #20
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    32,212
    Rep Power
    481
    CLB needs a 1C-like return for trading PLD. So, essentially, a huge overpayment, while filling their holes and helping their prospect pipeline.


    And dont forget, Strome AND DeAngelo both outscored PLD last season.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •