• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Callahan Announces NHL Retirement

Phil

Hey All, Yep Cally was a wild man, gave it 110 every game, shift and play. I first saw him at the AHL level for the Wolf Pack in Hershey PA. Obviously he stood out bc of his constant hustle. A fun player to watch for sure. I knew he didn't play much last couple years so this doesn't surprise me. He will land somewhere in Hockey real quick.

He and Girardi were two warriors for this team during the Lundqvist Era. Even if Tortorella might have played him into the ground, he still played his heart out. I still remember his four-goal game against the Flyers. I wish he and Dan could have pulled off a Cup win with Tampa, but he had an excellent career.

Will always remember that goal in OT he and Dubinsky pulled of, after the Refs tried to hand the Penguins the win. (With Staal tieing the game Shorthanded with 1:30 to play.)

That was the point I started believing this core could be something.

I believe it was early in the 2010-11 season, been a decade since then, amazing.

Will always remember that goal in OT he and Dubinsky pulled of, after the Refs tried to hand the Penguins the win. (With Staal tieing the game Shorthanded with 1:30 to play.)

That was the point I started believing this core could be something.

I believe it was early in the 2010-11 season, been a decade since then, amazing.

Yes! That was one of the highlight regular season wins for me during that era!

[video=youtube;Eh2-NcgqubI]

• Like 1

One of my favorite Rangers of the past 20 years along with Dan Girardi. No wonder how I became a Tampa fan too for a short stint.

Congrats Captain Cally. Thanks for all you did building this franchise back to legitimacy before your departure. Come back and be an assistant to Quinn.