• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Chris Kreider to 7-Year/$45.5 M Extension; $6.5M AAV

Phil

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to come around in this, especially since we got a first and salary relief from Skjei deal.

Number is right in the sweet spot to avoid scrutiny during the slumps, which is fair.

Listening to league wide takes, no one thinks he'll finish this deal as a Ranger.

I felt better after watching NHL live last night too. The Skjei trade made this a lot more palatable.

I'm still 285 off the tee and can get a boner. I'm OK.

That's a great combo, and daily double!!!! :rofl:

Haha that’s funny. Im awful at golf so you got me there

Golf??? What the hell is that??? I feel like I haven't played since Christ was a kid around here, with this shitty weather...

...Matter of fact, the last two balls I hit was when I stepped on a rake on my lawn in October!!! :rofl:

Name one player that got moved at 29 or we let walk as a UFA and we sat there 4 years later and said "Wish we still had him"

Now name the guys we signed at 29 or 30 and let me know how those deals turned out.

I don't remember a having forward we wanted to buy out

Richards?

We traded Callahan for this exact reason (NTC).

I somehow forgot about Richards and Cally

I don’t understand why so many want to ignore the fact that non-elite, non-superstar players, decline in their early 30’s

And why they want to ignore that while Kreider will likely be very good for 3-4 years, history says that after that his skills and production will diminish?

You can’t compare Kreider to Richards and Cally. Kreider is a physical freak and although I liked both those other players their game wasn’t based on that. Also Cally blocked a shitload of shots in his career which I’m sure broke him down even quicker

Differences in their game notwithstanding, in terms of what they are as players, they exist on basically the same level.

Dead horse beating, which I have a habit of, but all players in the good to very good category. All got their contracts age 29ish to 31ish

All backfired.

Im happy Kreider is here. Just don’t love the term on his contract, and there are real reasons based on historical data not to love it.

Differences in their game notwithstanding, in terms of what they are as players, they exist on basically the same level.

Dead horse beating, which I have a habit of, but all players in the good to very good category. All got their contracts age 29ish to 31ish

All backfired.

Im happy Kreider is here. Just don’t love the term on his contract, and there are real reasons based on historical data not to love it.

Also, Eric Lindros was a physical freak. His body broke down.

Also, Eric Lindros was a physical freak. His body broke down.

And the always forgotten Jason Allison. Absolute monster.

The problem with being that level of freak is that the strategy for slowing that guy down is often times hitting that guy hard and often, and taking a cheap shot should the opportunity present itself. That takes a toll

And the always forgotten Jason Allison. Absolute monster.

The problem with being that level of freak is that the strategy for slowing that guy down is often times hitting that guy hard and often, and taking a cheap shot should the opportunity present itself. That takes a toll

Wow, blast from the past. Heh.

Name one player that got moved at 29 or we let walk as a UFA and we sat there 4 years later and said "Wish we still had him"

Now name the guys we signed at 29 or 30 and let me know how those deals turned out.

This, and reasons for my concern.

Along with, i don?t think his trade value can get any higher

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow, blast from the past. Heh.

He was a legit point per game player for 5 seasons on not great teams in the best defensive era in the sport’s history.

Big. Skilled. Fast

Really hard to play against. Got hacked, slashed, etc. all the time because of that

It’s different now for sure. But that shit still goes on, albeit to a lesser degree.

He was a legit point per game player for 5 seasons on not great teams in the best defensive era in the sport’s history.

Big. Skilled. Fast

Really hard to play against. Got hacked, slashed, etc. all the time because of that

It’s different now for sure. But that shit still goes on, albeit to a lesser degree.

Playoff hockey!!! ;)

Richards that's a good one,but cally doesn't count,we got rid of him just in time

They saw the handwriting on the wall with him.

Tampa handed him the bag, got 1 great season out of him, and then he was a shell. By year 3 of his deal he was a bottom-6 making nearly $6 million per.