• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

OK — What to do with Strome Now?

The Dude

That?d be a total dick move. I don?t see it happening.

Besides, they need a guy that plays like that. They?d struggle to find a Trouba replacement when they are contending in 2 seasons.

No

But it?s probably a pipe dream

That contract is immovable

I don't see it happening either. But in hindsight that's not looking smart, today.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’d be a total dick move. I don’t see it happening.

Besides, they need a guy that plays like that. They’d struggle to find a Trouba replacement when they are contending in 2 seasons.

Absolutely agreed. Trouba allows the Rangers to shelter Fox and DeAngelo. It's very hard to put a value on that, both in terms of him putting up big minutes against the best players (where he does good, but not great) and allowing DeAngelo and Fox to grow against the others. It's not easy at all finding that.

I don't know what you think he brings but you can't ignore his tag. He's like a 5 million guy making 8.

He's also been, for most of the season, the old man on the ice defensively. He's drawn the hardest assignments in his career, probably the worst zone starts, etc. all by virtue of the fact that he has more than 80 games of NHL experience and isn't Brady Skjei.

Combined with that both DeAngelo and Fox have come crashing on the scene the way they have, yeah, it's a rough thing to think about how much we're paying him. That said, he's 25. He's not even at his peak yet.

Like I said fellas...I know I'm in the minority here, but I totally get where you guys are coming from. I just think that in year 1 of a rebuild, the team should be looking at other pieces. I'm curious to see what JD, Gorton and company have up their sleeves at the deadline. I can live with ADA, I just think there are better options for him, and the team.

Year 2 of the rebuild and why should they be looking at pieces when this dude is young and is producing? He's a piece. He's a cog. He's pretty much a 2nd year player. Why are some acting like he's old or something?He's not going to cash in. I think this is the time you get him under contract at a decent price. If he puts up 50-60 points, I can't understand why he has to be shopped. Why? What guarantee is replacing him and that production? And who's going to give you a game changer back in return for him?

Year 2 of the rebuild and why should they be looking at pieces when this dude is young and is producing? He's a piece. He's a cog. He's pretty much a 2nd year player. Why are some acting like he's old or something?He's not going to cash in. I think this is the time you get him under contract at a decent price. If he puts up 50-60 points, I can't understand why he has to be shopped. Why? What guarantee is replacing him and that production? And who's going to give you a game changer back in return for him?

Doubtful they’re actively shopping him.

More like other teams have interest and they are calling and asking about him.

GM’s will always pick up the phone and listen.

If they get an unbelievable offer, you think about it

First off I think he's too small, and when it comes to playoff hockey, it's about 2 things: Physicality and defense. Yeah he's a tough kid, but he's small, and his defense is an extreme liability. Now, I'm not saying he's not going to improve, but I just would rather see what other options are available before locking into a guy that's going to need an umbrella of a partner to cover his ass in round 1 & 2 of the playoffs. If you just wanna win games and make the playoffs, fine...ADA is a good player for that. But if you want to be a Cup contender, I just don't think this is a guy for the Rangers, when you have a player like Fox coming up. He'll be better suited for a team that needs a QB...I think we already have one, and he's also pretty good defensively, and progressing every game (Fox).

I don't think you need 2 PP quarterbacks, especially when they are already invested into Trouba. My point is this team needs size, strength, another option at center and defense, in my opinion. ADA can offer very little in any of those needs. That's why I think it's best to at least entertain other GM offers for him. If they keep him, fine...but at least shop the guy to see if we can shore up other team needs.

Doubtful they?re actively shopping him.

More like other teams have interest and they are calling and asking about him.

GM?s will always pick up the phone and listen.

If they get an unbelievable offer, you think about it

This is what I'm leaning towards.

If ADA is serious about his craft he will continue to work on his defense. seems like he's done some growing up this past year. Local kid that wants to play here. I'm all about keeping him.

Strome as well, I know he's been around for a while but he looks like he's also coming into his own.

He's from south jersey. He's a philly local.

Something that doesn’t get credit, but gets plenty of criticism when we don’t see it

Misses the net or hits the logo more often than not. He's a chucker.

When you've got nothing but passers, you love the chucker.

I don't care that he's basically Fulton Reed when he's shooting. He's getting the puck to areas of the ice that allow us to be more threatening, even if he's turned the Chase advertisement into a Chass ad.

First off I think he's too small, and when it comes to playoff hockey, it's about 2 things: Physicality and defense. Yeah he's a tough kid, but he's small, and his defense is an extreme liability. Now, I'm not saying he's not going to improve, but I just would rather see what other options are available before locking into a guy that's going to need an umbrella of a partner to cover his ass in round 1 & 2 of the playoffs. If you just wanna win games and make the playoffs, fine...ADA is a good player for that. But if you want to be a Cup contender, I just don't think this is a guy for the Rangers, when you have a player like Fox coming up. He'll be better suited for a team that needs a QB...I think we already have one, and he's also pretty good defensively, and progressing every game (Fox).

I don't think you need 2 PP quarterbacks, especially when they are already invested into Trouba. My point is this team needs size, strength, another option at center and defense, in my opinion. ADA can offer very little in any of those needs. That's why I think it's best to at least entertain other GM offers for him. If they keep him, fine...but at least shop the guy to see if we can shore up other team needs.

This is what I'm leaning towards.

I just think DeAngelo is part of what makes this teams offense that much more lethal. Take him off the team and they are spread thinner on offensive talent. He's just about at that level where he can be a game changer.

The way of big bruising D men is gone man. Not many quality big men around anymore. And let's not forget how a team like Boston hot a huge push from the offense of Krug a few years ago. That kid isn't huge. He kicked ass in the playoffs.

You need pick carriers in this league now. They make all the difference. This kid is dynamite. I can't stress enough how much I feel he adds to the offense. I get your desire for a strong stay at home guy. That's where Lindgren comes in. They have Miller in the pipe. He's got that size your looking for. Hajek, Rykov, all these prospects don't seem like they are anything more than stay at home types.. Let's use them and then decide on if DeAngelo is expendable..

I focus more on dumping the dead weight in Staal, Skjei and Smith. Replace THEM with the type of players you are looking for, and then this team is a serious threat.

• Like 3

I just think DeAngelo is part of what makes this teams offense that much more lethal. Take him off the team and they are spread thinner on offensive talent. He's just about at that level where he can be a game changer.

The way of big bruising D men is gone man. Not many quality big men around anymore. And let's not forget how a team like Boston hot a huge push from the offense of Krug a few years ago. That kid isn't huge. He kicked ass in the playoffs.

You need pick carriers in this league now. They make all the difference. This kid is dynamite. I can't stress enough how much I feel he adds to the offense. I get your desire for a strong stay at home guy. That's where Lindgren comes in. They have Miller in the pipe. He's got that size your looking for. Hajek, Rykov, all these prospects don't seem like they are anything more than stay at home types.. Let's use them and then decide on if DeAngelo is expendable..

I focus more on dumping the dead weight in Staal, Skjei and Smith. Replace THEM with the type of players you are looking for, and then this team is a serious threat.

Couldn’t possibly agree more. To add, I’m super surprised this fanbase (here at least) didn’t take to ADA as I would expect. He’s dynamic, adds a ton offensively, skates very well, and he actually is very physical fro his size. Avery was loved here forcheibg outspoken and take no shit from anyone but ADA isn’t. Weird to me especially since Avery wasn’t half the offensive talent Tony is. Maybe he focuses too much on hockey lol

Couldn’t possibly agree more. To add, I’m super surprised this fanbase (here at least) didn’t take to ADA as I would expect. He’s dynamic, adds a ton offensively, skates very well, and he actually is very physical fro his size. Avery was loved here forcheibg outspoken and take no shit from anyone but ADA isn’t. Weird to me especially since Avery wasn’t half the offensive talent Tony is. Maybe he focuses too much on hockey lol

It's because he loves Trump and people are dumb about it. Some want him gone just for that.

That's pretty obvious. There was plenty of character slander in his case, and hey, whaddya know, turns out he's super popular in the room and generally a good guy.

It wasn't character slander. There were real concerns here. SNY broke it down well after the 2017 draft.

As an OHLer he was thrice suspended - once for abuse of official, once for 8 games for racially abusive language, and once more for an altercation with a ref. He was scratched 8 times in his post-draft season for undisciplined play and attitude issues. He also got 3 games while a Coyote for shoving an official.

It's always been the story with ADA that he's super nice, super talented, but really needed to control himself. He seems to have figured that out.