Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too Early to Start the 'Fire Quinn' Thread?

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Lindy Ruff has nothing to do with the defense. The D is coached by Greg Brown, implementing whatever Quinn wants.

The Ruff thing just won't go away.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Scapegoat. I hate him. His names lindy. And he looks like a shithead. Fire ruff
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Banned Junior Division
    Is he russian?

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Lindy Ruff has nothing to do with the defense. The D is coached by Greg Brown, implementing whatever Quinn wants.

Because he was hired originally to aid in the defense according to plenty of articles out there. If they transitioned today much less nhl experienced Brown, then I’m sure Ruff still has input on the defense,especially since some players are here from when Ruff had a bigger say. This is why I’m surprised he’s still there.

Senior Member Midget Division
    need to give Quinn some more time but some moves so far have been head scratchers. the bottom 6 makeup is tragic looking.

there just might not be a move on the blueline that will fix things given the players there.
    Acqua in bocca

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

Vigneault brought in Ruff, 57, to man the Rangers' defense and penalty killing units and is reaping benefits. New York is third in the league on the PK at 84.1 percent.
    https://buffalonews.com/2017/12/31/r...rangers-staff/

Ruff will again handle the defense
    https://theathletic.com/436602/2018/...n-makes-sense/

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Brooks
    Deal not yet done, but Rangers will hire Lindy Ruff as assistant coach (in charge of defense, plus) to replace Jeff Beukeboom.
    https://twitter.com/nyp_brooksie/sta...956481?lang=en
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Winter's Avatar
    Quinn and Montgomery(Stars) are starting to appear to be flops.

Yes, I remember his original intention here, but that's shifted to Brown according to Carpinello some time ago.

Not that it really matters with the roster the way it is.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Quinn and Montgomery(Stars) are starting to appear to be flops.
    I dont think they are flops. I think they needed to start off as assistants to learn the NHL first

Quinn was a NHL assistant...AHL HC..

I'd just be careful about what NCAA guy I chose. BU wasn't good because of Quinn, they were good because there's 50 teams and five of them get all the recruits. BU is one of those schools.

That's not a criticism of him, or an indictment of his ability here, it's just the way it is.
    Last edited by Dunny; 10-21-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Too early for "Fire Quinn" thread. Maybe not too early for a "Does David Quinn Gel With Young European Players" Thread. For those of us who have been around for a while, Colin Campbell's issues on this hastened the end of the contender period in the 90s.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    I'm not even sure you can mention young European players. Zib has been fine under Quinn. It's more accurate to just say young players in general because very few thus far have thrived regardless of what part of this blue marble they are from.

Banned Junior Division
    Quinn is a europhobe? I buy that

I'd perfer never to hear the word swagger again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    I'd perfer never to hear the word swagger again.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I second

Ric Flair has swagger
    And that’s about the only place it should be mentioned

Too Early to Start the 'Fire Quinn' Thread?

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-york-ra...ak/c-310314048

Some Quinn quotes on the losing streak.

According to @vzmercogliano
    DQ said this about Sunday's roller coaster game: "We should embrace what happened the last 25 min, but we cant run away & hide from what happened in the first 35. Its a balancing act of staring the whole game in the face & understanding why we were in the situation we were in."
    Last edited by 4EverRangerFrank; 10-22-2019 at 01:26 AM.

Banned Junior Division
    How cares? I want to see a product on the ice

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Probably too early for it, but if they fired him tomorrow I wouldn't be upset. I just don't think he's cut out for the job.
    I'm ambivalent on DQ. Why wont he try to separate AP and MZ? Why is Lias buried on the 4th? Why Haley?

With so many different kids able to be versatile, why is he so afraid to experiment with what he has?

I thought McKegg was signed to bring some veteran experience to Hartford, Haley was to force Lemieux to ink his contract.

We have so many issues with the team right now its perplexing. We have the ability to be dominant, look at game 2 and period 3 vs Van.

But why does the team lack so much confidence or direction? Is it on DQ?

We have to give him some time to sort out his team. He was brought in to work with the Kids.....why are some of the possible future elite kids in Hartford while we play McKegg or Haley. So Hartford becomes a number 1 team and these kids get experience, yet we struggle to not change the channel on our TV.

Is it DQ? I'm not so sure, but he definitely isn't helping the situation right now and should not be afraid to experiment with the lines.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyckrash View Post
    I'm ambivalent on DQ. Why wont he try to separate AP and MZ? Why is Lias buried on the 4th? Why Haley?

With so many different kids able to be versatile, why is he so afraid to experiment with what he has?

I thought McKegg was signed to bring some veteran experience to Hartford, Haley was to force Lemieux to ink his contract.

We have so many issues with the team right now its perplexing. We have the ability to be dominant, look at game 2 and period 3 vs Van.

But why does the team lack so much confidence or direction? Is it on DQ?

We have to give him some time to sort out his team. He was brought in to work with the Kids.....why are some of the possible future elite kids in Hartford while we play McKegg or Haley. So Hartford becomes a number 1 team and these kids get experience, yet we struggle to not change the channel on our TV.

Is it DQ? I'm not so sure, but he definitely isn't helping the situation right now and should not be afraid to experiment with the lines.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!
    its like i said in the other thread. he's leaning on the vets because he thinks that gives him the best shot to win games. it's the diff between being an HC and a Fan. I'm fine with the kids coming up, playing sig minutes and going through growing pains. he is not.

to give him some credit hes forgot more hockey than i know and i'm not in practice but it just seems like to many of these guys coach with a skirt on.
    Acqua in bocca

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    A lot of good arguments about Quinn, hard to refute a lot of them with the exception of time. Honestly, I didnt pay much attention last season so for me to make a good judgement on him this early on this year.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast