Poll: Player of the game:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: [RS] (#5) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Impeach The Caps!

Junior Member Mite Division Montmorencie's Avatar
    At least we are playing games...

Banned Junior Division
    Hopefully its because new players are still getting used to the new system but so far it looks like Quinn doesn’t have a system at all. Players are running around like headless chickens.

Banned Junior Division
    Panarin already regretting signing here and Kakko wishes he was drafted by NJ.
    Smith looks pretty good tho

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    come home for vancouver, arizona, buffalo. team has to play one game at a time. but for me, a playoff caliber team takes at least 4 points on that stretch of 3 games.
    Don't look now, but each of those teams has had real hot starts. We get Vancouver on the second of a b2b, so that might help, but those aren't bad teams at all.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Midget Division
    With Smith on the 3rd line there is seriously no team less skilled than the Rangers (maybe Ottawa).

Im starting to doubt if quinn has what it takes to take this team through a rebuild. Only player thats got better since he came is Zib, and thats not because of Quinn.

«The game he’s been playing to this point [in his career] so far, is not gonna happen from here on in» - quinn when talking about Kakko.

«We know you are a one of the best prospect in the world, but now its time to forget everything you’ve learned and play dump and chase with some plugs»

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I thought they looked MUCH faster in this game in comparison to their previous games. Quinn line choices continue to perplex me but I have to keep reminding myself they've only played 5 games.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    With Smith on the 3rd line there is seriously no team less skilled than the Rangers (maybe Ottawa).

Im starting to doubt if quinn has what it takes to take this team through a rebuild. Only player thats got better since he came is Zib, and thats not because of Quinn.

«The game he’s been playing to this point [in his career] so far, is not gonna happen from here on in» - quinn when talking about Kakko.

«We know you are a one of the best prospect in the world, but now its time to forget everything you’ve learned and play dump and chase with some plugs»

That might be an overreaction.

I think it's maturity that comes with understanding there's a time to try and take the puck in yourself, and there are times to dump it and Chase it. It's understanding when those times are. The best players in the world, sometimes dump the puck in.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

(#5) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Impeach The Caps!

I’m not sure what everyone was expecting this year. Some of their play right now has to do with the schedule. Most it has to do with their lineup. As much as everyone wants to see Kakko, Kravtsov and Chytil score 30 goals, they are just teenagers. Their time will come. In the meantime, The likes of Andersson and Howden will learn the bottom 6 role. This rebuild is still 2 years away (this year and next) from being a legit playoff team imo
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by LONG LONG LONG TIME FAN View Post
    Why oh why, pray tell, is #42 even on the roster, let alone playing a significant role? Took yet another stupid, mindless penalty that cost the team. Ditto for #18.

GO RANGERS!!
    He played well enough last night.
    And the mindless penalty was a questionable instigator.
    What other mindless penalties are you speaking of from him when you say “another”?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That might be an overreaction.

I think it's maturity that comes with understanding there's a time to try and take the puck in yourself, and there are times to dump it and Chase it. It's understanding when those times are. The best players in the world, sometimes dump the puck in.
    Yeah, maybe. I'm just frustrated by a lot of things Quinn does.

Like why was DeAngelo benched in the 3rd? He wasn't good defensively, but neither were the "veteran" D-men. DeAngelo atleast can do something in the O-zone, so why bench him and let Staal play every 2nd shift when we are down 4-2?

Like why was DeAngelo benched in the 3rd? He wasn't good defensively, but neither were the "veteran" D-men. DeAngelo atleast can do something in the O-zone, so why bench him and let Staal play every 2nd shift when we are down 4-2?
    DeAngelo has been a trainwreck in his own zone again, that's why. I'm not sure why this fascination for him. I guess because he's confident with the puck. It doesn't make him a good defenseman.

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    DeAngelo has been a trainwreck in his own zone again, that's why. I'm not sure why this fascination for him. I guess because he's confident with the puck. It doesn't make him a good defenseman.
    Staal has also been a trainwreck. Only difference is DeAngelo know what to do in the O-zone

Staal has also been a trainwreck. Only difference is DeAngelo know what to do in the O-zone
    IMO DeAngelo has not been good enough to warrant moving over to the left side and supplanting Staal, if that's what you're getting at.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Well the veteran demon aren't going to learn the lesson from benching that a young player will

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Well the veteran demon aren't going to learn the lesson from benching that a young player will
    I would think playing is better than sitting on the bench when it comes to learning, but I dont know.

Still frustrating for a young player see the veterans do mistake after mistake and still get lots of ice time, but as soon as he does one little mistake he’s out for the rest of the game.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I would think playing is better than sitting on the bench when it comes to learning, but I dont know.

Still frustrating for a young player see the veterans do mistake after mistake and still get lots of ice time, but as soon as he does one little mistake he’s out for the rest of the game.

I hear you, but that's a little bit of an oversimplification.

is it a veteran making a mistake because they can't keep up with the play, versus a rookie making a stupid mistake when they knew better? There's a big difference there.

Banned Junior Division
    I think ADA was benched because of the play behind the net where he gave the puck away that led to a goal and ok the next shift slashing a capital and getting a penalty for it. Not a very smart hockey player

I'm strictly guessing here but I think this was another "maturity issue" for ADA. Like Quinn said something to DeAngelo and got a dismissive reply or wise ass response.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Not according to Quinn it wasn't

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Not according to Quinn it wasn't
    You're right Dunny but he was also very vague." Coaching decision ".

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast