Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targeting Winnipeg in a Trade?

Targeting Winnipeg in a Trade?

If I ran the Rangers (and had the D to give up)....I'd do my best to fleece Winnipeg of one of their centers at this moment.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    They need centers, too.
    Remember... they traded for Hayes at the deadline... guys dont like playing with Little, etc.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    They don't have a quality center to acquire (that they would give up in exchange for D help). At best, I think you're offering them Brendan Smith for whatever paltry return they offer.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Literally the only thing we can do with them is offer them Smith and say you can have him for nothing hoping a 1m retention in salary makes them bite.

They have like $5M+ in available cap right now. If the Rangers simply took back something to offset somewhat, you could effectively just move him to give them a warm body. Letestu. Bourque. Something in that realm.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    They have like $5M+ in available cap right now. If the Rangers simply took back something to offset somewhat, you could effectively just move him to give them a warm body. Letestu. Bourque. Something in that realm.
    I feel like they would try to trade us Perrault for Smith which leaves us in the same cap situation unless they retained salary....or maybe Staal? Might be slightly more interest based on pedigree.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Wait, is this a legit rumor or just a random topic?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Wait, is this a legit rumor or just a random topic?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    It’s just a discussion based on Winnipeg’s depleted d-corps. Been discussed many times recently pretty much with every team that has extra D to spare.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Pionk played 26 minutes and scored, tonight.

He always seems to find himself in a position to play Norris level minutes despite possesing a Eddie Shore award pedigree.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Look who they played... Wilkes-Barre

Senior Member Bantam Division
    The only center they have that would be of interest is Scheifele, and that's the definition of a non starter.

Some GM in the league will take advantage of them right now. I wish Wheeler was available and we had some D to give up for him. The way he played against the Rangers was impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Literally the only thing we can do with them is offer them Smith and say you can have him for nothing hoping a 1m retention in salary makes them bite.
    - NYCKrash....LGR!!

Senior Member Midget Division
    i'd love to find a suitor for skej. bring up lindgren and get the D to start there growing pains.
    Acqua in bocca

Moderator Junior Division
    You can't trade Skjei yet. He gets at least a full year with Trouba.

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I feel like they would try to trade us Perrault for Smith which leaves us in the same cap situation unless they retained salary....or maybe Staal? Might be slightly more interest based on pedigree.
    Perrault is interesting, though I think we'd have to sweeten the pot (and I doubt whether or not they'd have any interest in Smith at all).

Perrault would get a good get because he's an upgrade to Strome/Namest while filling the same role. The problem would be that he has a higher cap hit and isn't a UFA, so he's a lot more difficult to trade.

Perreault feels like a slightly more talented version of Strome to me. He's clearly not a 2C either, so why would he be the guy they want?
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Perreault feels like a slightly more talented version of Strome to me. He's clearly not a 2C either, so why would he be the guy they want?
    To trade at the deadline too, I mean. He's not a long-term guy but would help you get more of a return for a guy like Smith, potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    To trade at the deadline too, I mean. He's not a long-term guy but would help you get more of a return for a guy like Smith, potentially.
    Oh, I see. Move Smith for Perreault, then move Perreault for futures — two birds, one stone. Not bad. But can't you just do that with Strome right now?
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Oh, I see. Move Smith for Perreault, then move Perreault for futures — two birds, one stone. Not bad. But can't you just do that with Strome right now?
    Yes. AND do it with Perrault. I initially had two thoughts going on at the same time.

If you flip Smith for Perrault, and trade Strome, you have a slightly better lineup, plus whatever return Strome gets now. At the deadline, you flip Perreault also. It's basically just adding another - as much as I hate this term lol - asset, while offloading Smith.

Solid plan on paper. Time to give Chevvy a call.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast