Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Players Are You Rooting For Individually & What Do You Hope They Achieve?

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    My brain was saying the same thing as 31. Kakko 50 points would be very very nice. I also thought Staal looked different in his ps games. I believe he may have his best season in years.
    I would love to see Andersson get 25-30 goals and Lemieux put up a Domi-esque season.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I'd also love to see Lemieux get some real chances at playing with some skilled players. Similar to Avery, I think Lemieux could be more effective playing along the boards and planting himself in the front of the net. I like that he's been on the 2nd PP unit. I hope he can take advantage of that and become more than a 3rd/4th liner
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Gunnar Stahl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I can't recall the last 27 year old that was bought out.
    Hey I make no promises and provide zero proof to backup my thoughts lol I just dont know why I have a bad feeling about Trouba and his contract. I dont know maybe I feel burned by Redden and Shatty.
    I don't always back check, but when I do, I follow it up with a nasty wrister from a tight angle. Stay filthy, my friends. Hidden Content

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl View Post
    Hey I make no promises and provide zero proof to backup my thoughts lol I just dont know why I have a bad feeling about Trouba and his contract. I dont know maybe I feel burned by Redden and Shatty.
    Considering the utter disasters that those two were, it's fair to have PTSD lol.

I'm hopeful that his age will be the reason it's different this time.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl View Post
    I was going to bring into the convo Shatty but you beat me to it. I see Trouba already firing at the net with more authority than Shattenkirk. In spite of his play with Skeij not being that great to watch in pre-season, I've got fingers-crossed that Trouba is good for us.

Lemieux - yes, become that pest with goal scoring skill. We thrive with that kind of guy on our team. Do it man!

Staal - I'm looking forward to seeing him give us another decent season like last year. He was't bad and maybe a bit better than many of us expected. A Rangers warrior and worthy of our applause for his long-term service. Not casting aside when he really sucked for us, but I hope he is still trending upward from those ugly days.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Kakko - he's the biggest part of our future now in my opinion. Could be a franchise player for the next 15 years.

Trouba - far riskier contract than Panarin. Like Puck Head said. This needs to work, so I'll be actively rooting for his success.

Lundquist - Returns to his prime with a 50 game season. Retires on the top of his game and not with his head down in defeat.

Anderson - Has a breakout year, becomes a reliable 2C who can shut down the other team, put that net front presence and breaks 55 points. Most being 20 goals from deflections or dirty area goals.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Strome - will be huge for the team and himself if he pans out at 2C.

Andersson - speaks for itself. I'd hate for the team to have another top 10 pick be a bust.

Trouba - considering how long he's signed for, it would be disastrous if he turned into Shattenkirk 2.0

Senior Member Mite Division LeetchFan's Avatar
    Obviousley, I want Kappo to hit it big because I remember Brad Park and Brian Leetch and we haven't had a name draftee that high with his expectations.

I also hope Hank can hold on because I really don't want to have him to be the weak link and possibly benched and then read the Larry Brooks columns about places he could be a quality backup (starter ?) and the salary relief that would come along with it.

Panarin needs to be good because I don't want the City to overwhelm him (doesn't appear to be the case). Hopefully, he doesn't make Mika THAT much better like the first 2 games because we have to re-sign Mika in a year or two and I don't want him being in a position to demand $12 MM a year !!!

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Well obviously aside from Kakko, I'm really hoping to see the following guys do well this year:

Kreider: 30+ goals
    Buchnevich: 60+ points
    Andersson: 40+ points
    Last edited by Karan; 10-07-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Senior Member Midget Division
    have andersson develop into a 2c.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Junior Division
    Chytil. Big time.

I feel like the board is REALLY down on this kid and for little reason.

This kid needs to play and he needs to play with talent. He's going to be a fucking stud and a monster performer for this team.

I see him as a call up in about a month and pushing his way back into the 2 C conversation. Possibly reaching the 40-50 point mark. Get him the confidence and let him play.

I really want to see him play with Panarin. I think their styles would mesh pretty well.

Banned Junior Division
    Andersen to be moved off of 4th line C
    Kravtsov to make the team
    Mika to win Art Ross
    Henrik to go away by mid season.

in general all newcomers to do well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12