Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limited Options for Tony DeAngelo, Brendan Lemieux in Rangers Contract Standoffs

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    They're useful hockey players that, if left unsigned or discarded, means we'll likely replace them with less useful hockey players.

Really, they're both extremely entertaining, and I want to be entertained.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    They're useful hockey players that, if left unsigned or discarded, means we'll likely replace them with less useful hockey players.

They were last year but they're both lightweights. The perceived physicality is like mosquitos to most teams.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    I donít see enough value in them to base our cap issues on them.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division

I agree in terms of ADA. He's a good player, and imo much better than he tends to get credit for on this board.
    I also agree Lemieux is a fun player, but in reality he can be replaced by Greg McKegg with little consequence.

I'm just not worried about these two because I think both will sorted out. Either they'll dump camp and sign both, or they'll play for their QO's.
    AdA would be monumentally stupid to sign an offer sheet in the max 2.1 bracket. If he puts up a similar season to last he'll get paid significantly more next season, either by the Rangers or someone else.
    Both are playing for their NHL futures and in Lemieux case he is likely to land a role on this team that is probably a bit above his station. This is a critical show me year for both of them.
    As for holdouts, I'm really not sure what that is meant to achieve. If they're not paid it's because there is no money to pay them with. Sitting out isn't going to change that. Both are unlikely to make more than their QO's in Europe. I just don't see it.

I'm not talking about that, though I'd probably disagree. Other teams hate both of these guys, and that can be helpful.

I'm talking pure entertainment. They're both really good at that. There's enough WASPy McSquareJaw types in this league, I like my teams with at least one overly cocky Mediterranean and one braindead Frenchman. I don't just want to win, I want people to hate us.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Team too soft
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    If they could move him for pennies, I would be fine with that. They don't need him, he hasn't really done anything while he was here. I don't think he is a part of the future of this team, his play hasn't indicated it either.
    I don't think he's a major piece. I could take him or leave him. I'm intrigued to see what he does on a better more skilled roster. I think Gorton is banking on a return to form, of how he produced when paired with elite talent in Tampa. Maybe sticking him with Panarin wakes him up and boosts his trade value... His value is so low, I think they want to build it up to a point where maybe they don't have to eat salary, or they actually get worth out of him. It's all contingent on him producing.

They have potential game breaking players to pair him with in Panarin and possibly Kakko.

With that 2nd line center spot up for grabs, maybe Namestnikov can take it for now?

https://twitter.com/BlueSeatBlogs/st...930318338?s=09

This is fantastic stuff, I love Deangelo, the Nick guy is a fucking hack.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Well... I guess I gave Dubinsky shit for holding out, so these boys dont have much time to sign.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Well... I guess I gave Dubinsky shit for holding out, so these boys dont have much time to sign.
    They also don't have any ground to stand on. Rangers aren't going to offer more than their qualifying offer. Tony D's future isn't that bright in NYC anyway, as there are about 2-3 dmen waiting to take his spot including Miller and Lundkvist. So, if I were him I'd sign and prove myself rather than put a bad taste in their mouths.
    GORTON 2020

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    DeAngelo ought to be looking at one-year deals, anyway, to get to free agency as quickly as possible.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I hope he signs so he can put up 60 points and I don't have to hear about a guy playing sheltered Swedish second division minutes as a viable option in the next three years.

I hope he signs so he can put up 60 points and I don't have to hear about a guy playing sheltered Swedish second division minutes as a viable option in the next three years.
    Well he was a first round pick, I think you'd be pretty disappointed if he wasn't over here in 3 years.
    GORTON 2020

The fascination with DeAngelo by the Rangers fanbase is mind boggling. I don't question that he has talent, or potential, but he hasn't done fuckall to earn anything more than the Rangers want to give him.

Senior Member Mite Division Rosenvold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The fascination with DeAngelo by the Rangers fanbase is mind boggling. I don't question that he has talent, or potential, but he hasn't done fuckall to earn anything more than the Rangers want to give him.
    Well, he did put up 52 points in his first 132 NHL games, including 30 in 61 last season.

In his first 130 NHL games, Jacob Trouba had 51 points (at age 19-21, admittedly). I know points are what they are, but it's gotta count for something.
    Last edited by Rosenvold; 09-04-2019 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosenvold View Post
    Well, he did put up 52 points in his first 132 NHL games, including 30 in 61 last season.

In his first 130 NHL games, Jacob Trouba had 51 points (at age 19-21, admittedly). I know points are what they are, but it's gotta count for something.
    He is also a zone exit machine. His stats are in the elite category.
    I think he's undoubtedly a very talented offensive d-man, with some obvious flaws both on and off the ice. I wouldn't be so quick to discard him based on the farm system either, as I'm not seeing anyone there with the same offensive upside as him. K'Andre Miller is obviously a better prospect, but he doesn't really do the same job. Neither does Nils Lundkvist.
    I guess there's a fair chance ADA is expendable if Fox pans out the way I think he will, but I personally think it's far too early to give up on him. And he's clearly needed this season, at a minimum.
    That being said, I don't think he has leverage and I think he'd be stupid to hold out. The best he can hope for is being offer sheeted in the second compensation bracket, and I think he'll do a lot better than that next season if he gets his head down and delivers another season like the last one.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    If Fox is who Fox projects to be, DeAngelo isn't long for the team at all, and shouldn't be.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

I think that's basically what I said?

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    If Fox is who Fox projects to be, DeAngelo isn't long for the team at all, and shouldn't be.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    That's the sticking point, isn't it? Reasonably, ADA doesn't project to be a top 4 defender on the Rangers, but he projects to be a top 4 defender. In a different world, he's well-timed, and he's letting our third pair flex up minutes and balancing our ice time out.

A smart GM would marginally overpay him for term here, and flip him for need when ready.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    That's the sticking point, isn't it? Reasonably, ADA doesn't project to be a top 4 defender on the Rangers, but he projects to be a top 4 defender. In a different world, he's well-timed, and he's letting our third pair flex up minutes and balancing our ice time out.

A smart GM would marginally overpay him for term here, and flip him for need when ready.
    Not sure about that because he’s also had issues off the ice. He’s been on 3 teams now, really the rangers are doing him a favor at this point. A a smart GM wouldn’t give in at all. He gets what he gets for one year. You see what you have in Fox and you kick the can down the road until next summer or even the trade deadline.

If he were smart, he’d sign. His replacement is already here.
    Last edited by ThirtyONE; 09-04-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    GORTON 2020

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast