• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Igor Shesterkin

Blue Heaven

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder when they bring him over? I'm really looking forward to watching him play.

Next season to probably start in HFD to get acclimated to the North American game.

His contract is up after this KHL season. Dont want to sign him to a contract this season and have him play meaningless games and burn a year off his ELC. I think he can come over after his season on a tryout that wouldnt burn any of his ELC.

Next season to probably start in HFD to get acclimated to the North American game.

His contract is up after this KHL season. Dont want to sign him to a contract this season and have him play meaningless games and burn a year off his ELC. I think he can come over after his season on a tryout that wouldnt burn any of his ELC.

I keep forgetting about that, thanks. For now, it looks like the Rangers don't have to worry much about goaltending. Hopefully it stays that way with this kid.

It'll be interesting to see how they play this.

Is he going to be interested in coming over here to play in the AHL or to play second fiddle on the Henrik Lundqvist farewell tour?

It wouldn't surprise me if he'd rather take another year or two in the KHL.

Personally I'd love it if he came over, had a strong camp and split duties with Hank 50/50 next season.

Anyone have any idea about how his contract will be? He's proven himself enough in the KHL to get a solid contract and Oilers didnt do us any favours with that Koskinen contract. If Igor got some good agents they could demand more than what he got, or am I way off?

Is Igor a RFA?

Wouldnt his first contract be an ELC which would have a limit on how much he could be signed for. 3 years, X $$$? Rangers also have to take into consideration the expansion draft, if he signs after the KHL season and comes over and plays one game then it burns the first year of his ELC, and then I think when the expansion draft comes along he would have to be left unprotected however if he starts next year then he would be exempt from the expansion draft.

Rangers going to have issues with Georgiev for the expansion draft if he continues to get better. Probably end up trading him next season especially if they think Shersterkin is ready.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/26128895/nhl-prospect-roundup-quinn-hughes-cale-makar-leading-wave-collegiate-blue-line-dominance

New York Rangers goalie prospect Igor Shestyorkin was given the reins of SKA St. Petersburg's starting job for the Gagarin Cup playoffs in the KHL, and despite another stellar regular season, he has struggled early. His postseason took a bizarre turn Friday when he was given a game misconduct for tripping Spartak's Kaspars Daugavins, resulting in that player's hard crash into the boards and needing to be stretchered off the ice. SKA is in a 2-1 series hole and KHL.ru reports Shestyorkin is likely to face suspension. The Rangers pick is widely expected to be making the jump to North America after this season.

New York Rangers goalie prospect Igor Shestyorkin was given the reins of SKA St. Petersburg's starting job for the Gagarin Cup playoffs in the KHL, and despite another stellar regular season, he has struggled early. His postseason took a bizarre turn Friday when he was given a game misconduct for tripping Spartak's Kaspars Daugavins, resulting in that player's hard crash into the boards and needing to be stretchered off the ice. SKA is in a 2-1 series hole and KHL.ru reports Shestyorkin is likely to face suspension. The Rangers pick is widely expected to be making the jump to North America after this season.

The Brendan Lemieux of goaltending. :cool:

I'm sure a lot of people have seen the play, I don't understand the decision, it all seems typical KHL but whatever, I was hoping they'd get put out anyways.
You know I was hunting for it last night to put with my post and I couldn't find it. Can you post it here?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Personally I'd love it if he came over, had a strong camp and split duties with Hank 50/50 next season.

But then what do you do with Georgiev? He's proven to absolutely deserve those games.

I'm thinking more and more that Shestyorkin stays in the KHL for another year or two.

But then what do you do with Georgiev? He's proven to absolutely deserve those games.

I'm thinking more and more that Shestyorkin stays in the KHL for another year or two.

They can fight it out in camp and one starts in Hartford. I don't get the "Hey this guy is decent so lets not even see what the other guy can do" approach.

They can fight it out in camp and one starts in Hartford. I don't get the "Hey this guy is decent so lets not even see what the other guy can do" approach.

This is why I don't think it makes sense for Shesty. Why take less money - presumably - to maybe play in Hartford?

That quote isn't even in the same ballpark of what I said.

Yes, it is. Who cares what happens to Geogriev? Who ever is better gets to backup Hank. All Georgiev deserves is a spot at camp.

It makes sense for Shesty because he has confidence in his ability to earn time in the NHL. It makes sense for the Rangers because you don't want a 23 year old to sign another 3 year deal in the KHL. Sign him, get him in the mix. Competition is good.

Yes, it is. Who cares what happens to Geogriev? Who ever is better gets to backup Hank. All Georgiev deserves is a spot at camp.

It makes sense for Shesty because he has confidence in his ability to earn time in the NHL. It makes sense for the Rangers because you don't want a 23 year old to sign another 3 year deal in the KHL. Sign him, get him in the mix. Competition is good.

No, it's not. Because I get competition, but it doesn't really make sense. You're creating a goalie competition for no reason and then forcing your hand by wasting an NHL player in Hartford.

Why would he have to sign a 3-year deal? NYR could say "we like you but, there's a good chance you'll be in Hartford. We'll no more next year." And then he takes 1-year, makes a lot more money, and doesn't have to play in the AHL. It's not like he needs to be in North America to develop.