Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Igor Shesterkin

Senior Member BSBH Prospect

Igor Shesterkin

@NYRStatsInfo
    Igor Shesterkin earned a win in each of his last eight appearances (8-0-0, 0.75 GAA, .966 SV%, 3 SO). Since the start of the 2016-17 seasoon, Sheshterkin has posted a 77-9-4 record, along with a 1.53 GAA, a .939 SV%, and 23 SO in 93 KHL appearances. #NYR

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    I wonder when they bring him over? I'm really looking forward to watching him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
    I wonder when they bring him over? I'm really looking forward to watching him play.
    Next season to probably start in HFD to get acclimated to the North American game.
    His contract is up after this KHL season. Dont want to sign him to a contract this season and have him play meaningless games and burn a year off his ELC. I think he can come over after his season on a tryout that wouldnt burn any of his ELC.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Next season to probably start in HFD to get acclimated to the North American game.
    His contract is up after this KHL season. Dont want to sign him to a contract this season and have him play meaningless games and burn a year off his ELC. I think he can come over after his season on a tryout that wouldnt burn any of his ELC.
    I keep forgetting about that, thanks. For now, it looks like the Rangers don't have to worry much about goaltending. Hopefully it stays that way with this kid.

It’ll be awesome to have him over here. Can’t wait.
    GORTON 2020

Banned Junior Division
    77-9-4.....Holly Fuck!
    Henrik who??? Please Igor, take me to promised land

Senior Member Bantam Division
    It'll be interesting to see how they play this.
    Is he going to be interested in coming over here to play in the AHL or to play second fiddle on the Henrik Lundqvist farewell tour?
    It wouldn't surprise me if he'd rather take another year or two in the KHL.

Personally I'd love it if he came over, had a strong camp and split duties with Hank 50/50 next season.

If the plan is for him to play in the NHL then there’s no reason he shouldn’t come over ASAP at this point. I highly doubt he spends more than a handful of games in Hartford if any.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Midget Division
    Anyone have any idea about how his contract will be? He's proven himself enough in the KHL to get a solid contract and Oilers didnt do us any favours with that Koskinen contract. If Igor got some good agents they could demand more than what he got, or am I way off?

Is Igor a RFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Anyone have any idea about how his contract will be? He's proven himself enough in the KHL to get a solid contract and Oilers didnt do us any favours with that Koskinen contract. If Igor got some good agents they could demand more than what he got, or am I way off?

Is Igor a RFA?
    Wouldnt his first contract be an ELC which would have a limit on how much he could be signed for. 3 years, X $$$? Rangers also have to take into consideration the expansion draft, if he signs after the KHL season and comes over and plays one game then it burns the first year of his ELC, and then I think when the expansion draft comes along he would have to be left unprotected however if he starts next year then he would be exempt from the expansion draft.
    Rangers going to have issues with Georgiev for the expansion draft if he continues to get better. Probably end up trading him next season especially if they think Shersterkin is ready.

Ah, I just thought he wouldn't have to sign an ELC since he's been in the KHL for so long, but Im probably wrong lol.

If he has to sign an ELC we're all good

http://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/stor...line-dominance

New York Rangers goalie prospect Igor Shestyorkin was given the reins of SKA St. Petersburg's starting job for the Gagarin Cup playoffs in the KHL, and despite another stellar regular season, he has struggled early. His postseason took a bizarre turn Friday when he was given a game misconduct for tripping Spartak's Kaspars Daugavins, resulting in that player's hard crash into the boards and needing to be stretchered off the ice. SKA is in a 2-1 series hole and KHL.ru reports Shestyorkin is likely to face suspension. The Rangers pick is widely expected to be making the jump to North America after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    New York Rangers goalie prospect Igor Shestyorkin was given the reins of SKA St. Petersburg's starting job for the Gagarin Cup playoffs in the KHL, and despite another stellar regular season, he has struggled early. His postseason took a bizarre turn Friday when he was given a game misconduct for tripping Spartak's Kaspars Daugavins, resulting in that player's hard crash into the boards and needing to be stretchered off the ice. SKA is in a 2-1 series hole and KHL.ru reports Shestyorkin is likely to face suspension. The Rangers pick is widely expected to be making the jump to North America after this season.
    The Brendan Lemieux of goaltending.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    I'm sure a lot of people have seen the play, I don't understand the decision, it all seems typical KHL but whatever, I was hoping they'd get put out anyways.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Obviously lacks Chris Drury clutchness
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people have seen the play, I don't understand the decision, it all seems typical KHL but whatever, I was hoping they'd get put out anyways.
    You know I was hunting for it last night to put with my post and I couldn't find it. Can you post it here?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect

A game misconduct and potential suspension for that

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Personally I'd love it if he came over, had a strong camp and split duties with Hank 50/50 next season.
    But then what do you do with Georgiev? He's proven to absolutely deserve those games.

I'm thinking more and more that Shestyorkin stays in the KHL for another year or two.

Bringing Shesty here now doesn't make sense overall does it? It will burn a year by having him play meaningless games at MSG -- not to mention Hartford if that's where they site him. I would agree that another season in KHL is a good idea.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast