• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Send Boo Nieves, Ryan Lindgren Back to Hartford Ahead of All-Star Week

Phil

Link:

--

This is almost certainly purely transactional given the team is entering its bye week. Basically, it keeps both guys playing and saves a couple pennies as we advance toward the deadline.

nothing wrong here. have to think they plus howden will hit the wall at some point in the second half.

Will hit the wall? He hit it like 25 games ago.

He hasn't scored a goal in 30 games and has only 5 points and 28 shots. That shot number should be very troubling for anyone who thinks he'll be more than a third liner.

he's tailed off for sure, but he is still young and needs to learn what it takes to be a pro. i'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here. the league compete level notched higher after xmas and will again once the break is over. he needs to go through that.

no one should have thought he was the next gretsky.

he's tailed off for sure, but he is still young and needs to learn what it takes to be a pro. i'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here. the league compete level notched higher after xmas and will again once the break is over. he needs to go through that.

no one should have thought he was the next gretsky.

This. Plus I am sure he will get more ice time once the trade deadline has passed.

This. Plus I am sure he will get more ice time once the trade deadline has passed.

How much more icetime do you think he he should get? He was averaging 15:49 before the last 4 games where he got demoted to 4th line duties. I'm not sure more than that after the trade deadline would do him any good if he's not playing particularly well.

How much more icetime do you think he he should get? He was averaging 15:49 before the last 4 games where he got demoted to 4th line duties. I'm not sure more than that after the trade deadline would do him any good if he's not playing particularly well.

What difference does it make? While I am all for bringing guys along carefully and rewarding guys for playing well, the objective here is to get him experience and hopefully get him going. If he sucks and they lose as a result then that only really helps the team this year.

What difference does it make? While I am all for bringing guys along carefully and rewarding guys for playing well, the objective here is to get him experience and hopefully get him going. If he sucks and they lose as a result then that only really helps the team this year.

Idk if it does make a difference. I'm just asking what ice time you think he should actually get after the deadline.

Idk if it does make a difference. I'm just asking what ice time you think he should actually get after the deadline.

I guess it depends on who's moved at the deadline but assuming Hayes, & Zucc are gone I see no reason why Chytil and Howden shouldnt be getting 20+ minutes a night

EDIT: or whatever first line minutes should be.. looks like Hayes averages 19:26 per night this year

Howden and Andersson have the same number of points since Thanksgiving.

Howden didn't hit the wall he knocked it down. I don't agree with the thought that he needs more ice team. He is what he is at this point and that's a guy that should probably be in Hartford. Most nights he's completely invisible. Way too early to write him off but the shine that was there early on this season is long gone.

Boo's been just fine, I'd agree. Doesn't move the needle for me much, though. Even on the 4th line.

He's a warm body. Skates kinda quick, but he's the kind of guy you forget even played for you two or three years from now when the team is contending.

He's Peter Holland.

Holland has actually had some runs of success and dominates the AHL.

Holland is a tweener, what's referred to in baseball as a AAAA guy.

I think Boo is more of a 13th forward type whose responsibleand can cover any role in bottom 6.

Holland has actually had some runs of success and dominates the AHL.

Holland is a tweener, what's referred to in baseball as a AAAA guy.

I think Boo is more of a 13th forward type whose responsibleand can cover any role in bottom 6.

I'm talking about the role, not the player. No one in Toronto is clammoring for Holland's return, or Sam Carrick either for that matter.

Boo isn't, at least by my estimation, going to even be a roster player on a Cup-contending Rangers team.

I'm talking about the role, not the player. No one in Toronto is clammoring for Holland's return, or Sam Carrick either for that matter.

Boo isn't, at least by my estimation, going to even be a roster player on a Cup-contending Rangers team.

unfortunately (?) he's the type of player a coach will fall in love with and over-play

Archived