• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Flyers Preseason Game #2 ? 9/19/18 ? 7pm, MSG

Phil

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's really no reason to play them, yet. There's a lot of cuts to be made. Everyone playing either has something to prove, plus you're required to dress some regulars, even in a PS game.

I didn't know that. Is it a rule that says that?

Looking forward to this game, interesting center depth here with Zib, Chytil and Howden.

I didn't know that. Is it a rule that says that?

Looking forward to this game, interesting center depth here with Zib, Chytil and Howden.

Yes, because teams force you to buy the PS games if you're a STH. So they are required to put some talent out there.

DeAngelo, I'd bet, is getting every opportunity to make this team. The fact he's in back-to-back and not Pionk, for example, is probably a precursor. Pionk is still waivers-exempt. DeAngelo isn't.

He keeps playing the way he did and he is going to do more than make this team. I think the coach has a lot of projects, but I bet the coach and GM agreed it is time for Buch and DeAngelo to play a large role this year. Be interesting to see if he gets paired with Skjei tonight to test a new top pairing. Or maybe Quinn pairs him with Hajek.

Zuc sitting early makes more sense then anyone else. Shatty though, missed more than half the year and was still rehabbing during the draft. Wonder how his progress is going?

Quinn was not happy with the lack of response to the headshot last game. Says he’s addressed it. Seems like old habits of being complete pushovers die hard.

Interesting.

So here we are with a coach that does not want the team to take headshots, w/o responding. Watch things change around here. And I'm not one for chippy/dirty play, but I was pounded on here for saying AV instilled a 'turn-the-other-cheek' for the PP preference, instead of any retaliation. Players were benched for taking a retaliation penalty. We don't have to initiate assholetry, but we can't let teams try to run our skilled players out of the building, as a key strategy.

Interesting.

So here we are with a coach that does not want the team to take headshots, w/o responding. Watch things change around here. And I'm not one for chippy/dirty play, but I was pounded on here for saying AV instilled a 'turn-the-other-cheek' for the PP preference, instead of any retaliation. Players were benched for taking a retaliation penalty. We don't have to initiate assholetry, but we can't let teams try to run our skilled players out of the building, as a key strategy.

Of course and I don't think you were alone in those sentiments over the last few seasons. To be blunt, we were a team of pussies. The game may have changed some but it's still hockey. Seems like he's also been preaching the message of "go through rather than around" which would be a welcomed sight for me as well.

I still can't believe no one fucked up Cody Eakin when he ran Lundqvist.

Larry Brooks mentioned the double head shot to Vesey and Staal in a 1:52 span that went unpunished. I had honestly forgotten about that. So many moments of head scratching for me. Even the Brendan Smith fight in LA -- which was seemingly the last fight the Rangers had before OGara dropped the gloves two nights ago -- was seen as a negative by AV.

I'm just so glad that that kind of shit is over with now. Question is, are we now trying to paint tiger stripes on a house cat? Are any of these guys even capable of standing up for teammates? Because it's not just going to come down to McQuaid. McCloud was in the game two nights ago and still did nothing. Someone on the ice needs to respond when it happens, no matter who's on the ice.

Quinn said after the game that he didnt have issue with the Rangers not retaliating, said it happened fast, caught off guard, not everyone saw it to see what was happening.

This seems like Larry twisting words, as usual.

Also, the hit was awkward. It was head on head.

Finally, Boo was skating with his head down. Last thing any teammate or coach needs to do is rescue a guy crossing the blueline staring at his skates.

Quinn said after the game that he didnt have issue with the Rangers not retaliating, said it happened fast, caught off guard, not everyone saw it to see what was happening.

This seems like Larry twisting words, as usual.

Also, the hit was awkward. It was head on head.

Finally, Boo was skating with his head down. Last thing any teammate or coach needs to do is rescue a guy crossing the blueline staring at his skates.

“It happened so fast, I don’t know if guys saw it, and we responded by winning the game, obviously, but there are other ways you can respond,” the coach said when asked about the absence of retaliation. “It’s been discussed [with the team].”

https://nypost.com/2018/09/18/david-quinn-irked-by-rangers-passive-response-to-head-shot/

Doesn't seem like there's any twisting going on to me.

As long as we mix it up. If we have an Elias Pettersson, we don't need to go thru anybody.

Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1042252472058826752&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheprovince.com%2Fsports%2Fh ockey%2Fnhl%2Fvancouver-canucks%2Fso-we-think-this-pettersson-kid-might-be-good

Did anyone see Pettersson's first game (highlights) against Edm. Holy shit! Here is a page with 4 brief videos from the game.

Archived