• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Assuming the Rangers Stay at 26...

Phil

?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Ryan Merkley
    • Akil Thomas
    • Rasmus Sandin
    • Jonatan Berggren
    • Other (please specify)

Kratsov somehow gets past Nil and slips enough that we trade up at a small cost. If not:

Kupari is probably unrealistic.

Miller, Bokk, and even Sandin should be seriously considered.

Could Lundestrom slip to the second round? That'd be a great pick at 39. Or Liam Foudy, my sorta sleeper in the second.

I'm shooting for Kaut being available at 26th.

He's an interesting prospect, who's been listed across the board. His heart condition at the combine (however minor) could push him into the second. He's a skinny kid with a complete game who has kinda played a 3rd line role in the Czech league, but needs more strength to win battles. Also to thrive on smaller rinks. I was hoping if we take a forward in the first, he'd have more upside.

Could he last to 39 now?

I'd love to say Merkley based on his talent but I just got done reading up on some of his baggage. I know he's very young but he seems like a petulant child. Maybe the Rangers would have a strong enough locker room to be able to handle this type of attitude when he is able to make the team but I'm not sure that's something you'd want to risk...especially in a rebuild/retool.

Merkley.

A vastly superior player to anyone on the board at this point, and, if you believe the scouts, better than most of the guys picked in the top 10 in pure skill.

Presuming Quinn feels he can work with him of course.

I think it?s likely someone will take a punt on him before us though.

Kratsov somehow gets past Nil and slips enough that we trade up at a small cost. If not:

Kupari is probably unrealistic.

Miller, Bokk, and even Sandin should be seriously considered.

Could Lundestrom slip to the second round? That'd be a great pick at 39. Or Liam Foudy, my sorta sleeper in the second.

This thread/post was more than a week before the draft. Cool to see how many folks wanted Miller. I wanted to trade up for Kravtsov if he somehow made it past Jim Nil (Dallas), for the guy saying bashed Kravtsov. After Zadina, Tkachuk and Wahlstron, Krav was the most interesting forward for the Rangers by a longshot. It seemed many had a similar opinion, just most had those 3 a notch above.

Archived