Thread: Fantasy Football Super Flex

\_(ツ)_/ BSBH Prospect

Fantasy Football Super Flex

Anyones fantasy leagues adopt the superflex yet? It's really the best way to do fantasy football IMO
    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

List Maker BSBH Rookie
    What is it?

\_(ツ)_/ BSBH Prospect
    Being able to flex a QB

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    I like the idea because there are a handful of quarterbacks outside of the top 12 that would make the spot totally worth it, and would make owners have to be a little bit smarter drafting. I'll suggest it for my league next year.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Moderator Junior Division
    Flexing a QB is probably the worst way to play. It means that you HAVE to take quarterbacks early because if you don't have two good ones, you're going to lose every week.

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Not really, it just adds to the pool of talent that you can take. Not saying one way is right or wrong but it's certainly different. This could make the later rounds less boring at the draft too.

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers4Life View Post
    Not really, it just adds to the pool of talent that you can take. Not saying one way is right or wrong but it's certainly different. This could make the later rounds less boring at the draft too.
    Depending on scoring, if you get, say Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in rounds 1 and 2 you're going to have not only an advantage at two positions in the lineup almost every week but probably the two highest scorers. You can't counter that with Eli Manning and Jameis Winston. If a guy picks #1 overall, he HAS to take a QB. Otherwise, all the good ones will be gone by the time your second round pick comes. Unless everyone in the league is dumb, and you can take Zeke and follow that up with Brady and Rodgers and never lose.

Right now, in standard scoring, 18 of the top 25 scorers are QBs. If you can play two of the top 25 scorers AND give yourself an advantage over your opponent every week, of course you're going to take QBs early. I've been in a QB Flex league for a long time and that's exactly how it goes. The draft is the same every year - 15 quarterbacks, minimum, are gone in the first 3 rounds. Your normal first-round picks are scattered in throughout.

\_(ツ)_/ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Flexing a QB is probably the worst way to play. It means that you HAVE to take quarterbacks early because if you don't have two good ones, you're going to lose every week.
    It actually adjusts the ADP of the players so the draft is really true to a ranking on points. It forces you to treat QBs the same way you would treat a WR/RB which makes it a lot of fun

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

\_(ツ)_/ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Depending on scoring, if you get, say Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in rounds 1 and 2 you're going to have not only an advantage at two positions in the lineup almost every week but probably the two highest scorers. You can't counter that with Eli Manning and Jameis Winston. If a guy picks #1 overall, he HAS to take a QB. Otherwise, all the good ones will be gone by the time your second round pick comes. Unless everyone in the league is dumb, and you can take Zeke and follow that up with Brady and Rodgers and never lose.

Right now, in standard scoring, 18 of the top 25 scorers are QBs. If you can play two of the top 25 scorers AND give yourself an advantage over your opponent every week, of course you're going to take QBs early. I've been in a QB Flex league for a long time and that's exactly how it goes. The draft is the same every year - 15 quarterbacks, minimum, are gone in the first 3 rounds. Your normal first-round picks are scattered in throughout.
    You need to pair it with other scoring systems

We do PPR with QBs getting 4 points per TD, and 1 point per 30 yards

The end of season top 10 always have a great mix of different positions

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

Senior Member Mite Division Rangers4Life's Avatar
    Yes, I was under the assumption that we were talking about a PPR league.