• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The First CD You Bought?

Phil

http://www.billboard.com/files/styles/review_main_image/public/blink-182-enema-of-the-state.jpg

THIS. My dad took me to get it and I listened to it that whole night. A day later I come home to my mom asking me what this was and where I got it. I said dad let me get it with my allowance. She yelled at my dad, broke it in half and threw it out and never gave me the money back for it. Last year, after my college graduation, I'm opening gifts and inside the bag from her was this CD with a note apologizing saying I can listen to this now that I'm grown up.

THIS. My dad took me to get it and I listened to it that whole night. A day later I come home to my mom asking me what this was and where I got it. I said dad let me get it with my allowance. She yelled at my dad, broke it in half and threw it out and never gave me the money back for it. Last year, after my college graduation, I'm opening gifts and inside the bag from her was this CD with a note apologizing saying I can listen to this now that I'm grown up.

And then you broke it and threw it out.... You know, to show her.... not because it stinks or anything. LOL just kidding.

Amazing. I had all my Manson CDs snapped, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

REM Document...well, it was a cassette tape, not CD. Does that count?

If we are talking cassette tapes, for some reason I'm drawing a blank. I want to say Kiss "Crazy nights".

First LP was Def Leppard "Pyromania" and Michael Jacksons "Thriller" bought at Record World, which was a fairly big chain back then.

I had a ton of cassette tapes, not as many cds (they skipped, walkmans and CD players were for people that never left their room). Even when cds were popular, and mini cds failed, I still bought tapes.

First few cds were always given/grabbed with gift cards (usually of tapes I already had). By then, CD burners and napster were popular.

So... I think it was a Fastball CD with the pills on it.

I had a ton of cassette tapes, not as many cds (they skipped, walkmans and CD players were for people that never left their room). Even when cds were popular, and mini cds failed, I still bought tapes.

First few cds were always given/grabbed with gift cards (usually of tapes I already had). By then, CD burners and napster were popular.

So... I think it was a Fastball CD with the pills on it.

I don't understand this. Why would you need a walkman if you never left your room? Wouldn't you just use a stereo?

Archived