• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The First CD You Bought?

Phil

I don't understand this. Why would you need a walkman if you never left your room? Wouldn't you just use a stereo?

Wear headphones so other people don't hear it.

And you had to have a Walkman. Even though it would skip when you tried to put it in your starter jacket front pocket.

Wear headphones so other people don't hear it.

And you had to have a Walkman. Even though it would skip when you tried to put it in your starter jacket front pocket.

I used a stereo in my room to listen to my music, and used a walk/disc man when I was out.

I don't remember my first, but in 1996, I got Metallica's black album and the X Games vol 1 CD. I think those were my firsts.

No wait...

I also had Doggystyle and Tag Team's album back in like 1994, and definitely Ace of Base. Yeah, no clue what my first CD was.

I'll add to the "snapped CD" stories though: Definitely had Downward Spiral snapped by my mom.

You probably didn't grow up in a fundamentalist religious household like I did. I had a 700-Club member, Bill O'Reilly watching Hardline Republican for a mother though my formative years.

I had a Korn poster torn off my wall because "it glared at her", Manson and Metallica CDs snapped for being "Devil music", t-shirts torn up for being "offensive", etc. Fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You probably didn't grow up in a fundamentalist religious household like I did. I had a 700-Club member, Bill O'Reilly watching Hardline Republican for a mother though my formative years.

I had a Korn poster torn off my wall because "it glared at her", Manson and Metallica CDs snapped for being "Devil music", t-shirts torn up for being "offensive", etc. Fun times.

Hopefully you blared a Ministry CD or two for your mom ;)

I think "Psalm 69: The Way to Succeed and the Way to Suck Eggs" album scared my parents the most but overall they had no issues with me listening to Korn, Metallica, Biohazard, etc. during my high school

I remember xmas 1995 I got Sinister - Hate, Deicide - Once Upon The Cross and Dissection - Storm of The Lights Bane. Of course she had a List. Would have loved to see the store guys face when my mum asked for those.

She probably didnt know by then. I still think good fit for xmas ;)

Yeah, my parents didn't really tell me what I couldn't listen too. Hell, my mom took me to get a Guns N' Roses shirt that had the chick on the front of Lies on it. I think she even bought it or me.

Coverdale/Page and "The last action hero" soundtrack which was pretty bad ass.

Last Action Hero https://g.co/kgs/fkszc4

From Price club which became Costco. Both in long board boxes.

Mine was also from Price Club as well.. I bought my first CD player, and obviously needed a CD.. They had little in stock, I got the player and Tom Petty: Full Moon Fever.

And you are correct on Last Action Hero.. Two very songs Alice in Chains songs stand out for me

Mine was also from Price Club as well.. I bought my first CD player, and obviously needed a CD.. They had little in stock, I got the player and Tom Petty: Full Moon Fever.

And you are correct on Last Action Hero.. Two very songs Alice in Chains songs stand out for me

Hahahahahahahahaha, that's exactly why I bought MY CDs there. I bought a Magnavox shelf system with a 5 ....... YES, FUCKIN 5, CD changer, and I needed some CD's. Damn did I make some bad ass mix tapes with my DUAL CASSETTE PLAYER. Fawk yeah.

Archived