• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buying a new mattress

All I can say is that memory foam is the shit. I was hesitant at first because I always used to sleep on a spring mattress, but memory foam is great.

Seriously. We last went to Bob's and got the Bob-o-pedic. Best mattress I've ever slept on. Just amazing. I'd highly recommend at least laying on it, as it's a fraction of the cost of most memory foam mattresses — especially Tempurpedic.

My suggestion: definitely go lay on them, and do yourself two huge favors when you do so:

1. TAKE YOUR TIME! You are in no rush. Mattresses are expensive. Be confident in the one you like most.

2. Don't just lay on your back. Most places will put a "foot skirt" at the bottom so you can actually lay on it the way you would actually lay on a real mattress to sleep at home. Be sure to rest for a few moments and really get a good feel of them.

I actually annoyed my wife in going back and forth between two models when we went, probably a dozen times, each time spending a good minute or so on each before I made my final decision.

• 4 weeks later...

Sleepys has an awesome deal online. I was hesitant to purchase a mattress without actually testing it but....

a QUEEN size Sealy Posturepedic firm mattress set, for $360 bucks

they have half off on most mattresses right now. I also googled for coupon codes and got a 10% off coupon and another coupon for free shipping (saves $80). And it delivers on Sunday as I move into my new apt. very excited to have room to sprawl out and not sleep on a crappy twin anymore

Sleepys has an awesome deal online. I was hesitant to purchase a mattress without actually testing it but....

a QUEEN size Sealy Posturepedic firm mattress set, for $360 bucks

they have half off on most mattresses right now. I also googled for coupon codes and got a 10% off coupon and another coupon for free shipping (saves $80). And it delivers on Sunday as I move into my new apt. very excited to have room to sprawl out and not sleep on a crappy twin anymore

Is Sealy's good? I'm really about to order one myself because I'm going to look for a mattress this weekend..but if this is the case, I might as well pull the trigger myself.

Yeah it does, just checked. I'm looking into ordering about the same one because I don't want any springs lol

http://www.sleepys.com/sealy-posturepedic-sealy-posturepedic-alpenglow-cushion-firm-mattress-SE57005%2F0SET.html

here's the one I bought. I think it has foam and springs

edit: Promo Code Sleepys10 will get you 10% off and than using RMNSLPYSHIP will get free shipping. Unless they expire soon, in which case IDK. but I'm sure you can find others online if they don't work

I need to get a new one too. Ive had the same mattress for the past 8 years or so. I want to get something with more support, I honestly feel like my mattress isn't helping my back get any better after these car accidents.

I saw that sleepy's has half off mattresses now too, makes me want to stop by one. Ive heard mixed reviews on the one you mentioned, Phil.

I need to get a new one too. Ive had the same mattress for the past 8 years or so. I want to get something with more support, I honestly feel like my mattress isn't helping my back get any better after these car accidents.

I saw that sleepy's has half off mattresses now too, makes me want to stop by one. Ive heard mixed reviews on the one you mentioned, Phil.

The Bob-O-Pedic? It's fantastic.

Archived