• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Man Robbed At Gunpoint

josh

See, that's why shot guns in the home ain't gonna help you, momentum!

No, it's why you need training. You never get within 3 feet of what you're going to shoot with a shotgun, least of all point blank. That's just stupid. Advantage goes to the guy you're pointing it at, as seen in the video. :)

No, it's why you need training. You never get within 3 feet of what you're going to shoot with a shotgun, least of all point blank. That's just stupid. Advantage goes to the guy you're pointing it at, as seen in the video. :)

Why do you have to take a joke, and ruin it?

Until the guy that has the trigger end pulls the trigger and you get your head blown off by a shotgun.

Until the guy that has the trigger end pulls the trigger and you get your head blown off by a shotgun.

Obviously, but in terms of distance, his best percentage chance of hitting you is from around 3 feet away, not 2 inches. If you jump at 3 feet, he can correct the angle a lot faster than he could trying to blow your head off point blank. Especially if you get the jump on him, like in the vid.

You're a cop — you ever get this close to your suspect, or do you maintain distance?

The best part is the suspect (in his car) found the "victim" walking a little bit later and asked him to give his gun back in return for the cell phone he dropped. The "victim" declined and used the shotgun to bash the suspects window in.

Obviously, but in terms of distance, his best percentage chance of hitting you is from around 3 feet away, not 2 inches. If you jump at 3 feet, he can correct the angle a lot faster than he could trying to blow your head off point blank. Especially if you get the jump on him, like in the vid.

You're a cop — you ever get this close to your suspect, or do you maintain distance?

As a cop I wouldnt get that close, but since when do the perps do what the cops do. If a guy with a gun gets that close to you you cant tell him to back up. Im just saying, if your wrestling a shot gun from someone, its more likely to go off. Even if it doesnt take your head off, you can still get pretty messed up from a shotgun blast.

If someone approaches you with a handgun, its easier to make the gun unfireable. If its a revolver, you just grab the cylinder, and if its a semi auto, then you just have to knock the slide out of battery. You cant do anything like that with a shotgun.

As a cop I wouldnt get that close, but since when do the perps do what the cops do. If a guy with a gun gets that close to you you cant tell him to back up. Im just saying, if your wrestling a shot gun from someone, its more likely to go off. Even if it doesnt take your head off, you can still get pretty messed up from a shotgun blast.

If someone approaches you with a handgun, its easier to make the gun unfireable. If its a revolver, you just grab the cylinder, and if its a semi auto, then you just have to knock the slide out of battery. You cant do anything like that with a shotgun.

I had a gun pointed at me once.....

It wasn't like the movies....I had zero urge to try and disarm the person.

Breathing was a huge step for me.

I had a gun pointed at me once.....

It wasn't like the movies....I had zero urge to try and disarm the person.

Breathing was a huge step for me.

This is what a lot of people dont get either. Its easy to say what you would do and how easy it is, but once your in that situation, its not as easy as it was thought. Im sure it must have been a scary situation for you, and Im sure your main goal was to get out of it alive. The moment you start trying to wrestle the gun away from someone things can go from bad to worse very quickly because if you cant get the gun away from someone, you have a better chance of getting shot thatn you did if you didnt do anything.

This is what a lot of people dont get either. Its easy to say what you would do and how easy it is, but once your in that situation, its not as easy as it was thought. Im sure it must have been a scary situation for you, and Im sure your main goal was to get out of it alive. The moment you start trying to wrestle the gun away from someone things can go from bad to worse very quickly because if you cant get the gun away from someone, you have a better chance of getting shot thatn you did if you didnt do anything.

Around 10pm I had stopped to help out a vehicle that had gone WAY off the road.

Around 20' into the right of way and around a 10' decline.

He was WAY screwed up and wearing a rather famous 1% Motorcycle jacket, (vest).

So, offered to give him a ride, (their compound isn't too far out of my way).

He wanted me to pull him out with my Denali.

That was not ever going to happen.

And that's when he pulled the gun and started waving it around, (I was by myself in my vehicle).

He was more drunk, stupid, and frustrated more then anything.

He was not a big guy by any means, rather skinny and unhealthy looking.

I'm not sure how one "trains" to be in these situations.

Outside I probably appeared calm and cold as ice.

But at no point and time did I every think about trying to disarm him.

It was all I could do to drive.

Archived