• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

SiriusXM Radio

NYR2711

What a bunch of scumbags they are. I have been a subscriber since 2005, and I love the channels because they play better music than regular radio and dont repeat the same songs all day over and over again, and dont just play the hits but play all different songs. I also love listening to hockey games from different teams, and of course they have Opie and Anthony which I love. My current radio was starting to crap out on me, it is at least 5 years old, and I use it everyday, so the screen was starting to fade out on me. I had gotten an email for the updated model for $60, and all I had to do was get a 1 month sub to get that price and then I could switch my current radio sub over to the new radio. So I bought the new radio and it came while I was at work Wednesday, and I didnt have a chance to activate it until this morning. I called up and had them activate the new radio and was told give it 15-20 minutes to update all of the channels. I did some things, came back about an hour later, and I was missing half the channels. I called back, and was on the phone for an hour and was finally told that they were having some problems but did what needed to be done and it would be fixed in 10 minutes. I had to run out to the store, and came back about another hour later, and I was still missing the same channels. I called back again, and was finally told by a tech that they are having problems activating new radios because of a free preview for all radios. They told me that it could take until February 12, when the free preview ends, to fix the issue. I am so pissed, I talked to a supervisor who claims that she will give me an extra month for free for the radio, but at this point, the radio is useless to me because the channels I listen to are the ones I am not getting. Its effed up that people are getting the channels I want for free, yet I cant and am paying for the service. I posted a complaint on their Facebook page, and the responded quickly that they want to contact me, so I just sent them an email, so lets see how this works out. The worst part is that when I bought the radio, I was told that if I cancelled the radio before the month was up, I would have to pay a huge cancellation fee, yet they arent giving me the service I am paying for. I really want to contact the BBB or State Attorney Generals office on this.

They claim to have given me a free month for this, but it has yet to show up on my account when they told me it should be on my account already. I am going to call them tomorrow and find out why its not on my account yet, they changed their hours and arent available 24 hours anymore. I am lucky because my old radio is still working, and I am glad I waited to cancel my old radio now. Their customer service is horrible, I hate dealing with them because its always an all day event dealing with them.

Finally got my radio to work after being on the phone with XM all morning. I was credited back a month of free service, and I was credited back the activation fee, and after 2 more attempts they got my radio to get all of the channels, some of the names are messed up and the channel covers are messed up, but I can deal with it at this point.

garbage company. when they knock down that wall i'll stop lambasting them to get promo deals every couple months. i never got one of their radios to work properly. and the app is always having issues. luckily, they always cave when you take the bill burr approach and say "unacceptable. i'd like to speak to a supervisor". because of that, I don't pay much per year.

That's what save me last year when they automatically renewed me for 3 years without asking, and when I had just called them to see when I was up. They told me I had a couple of months and then pulled this. I got a decent discount for their screw up because they said they couldn't change the 3 year service thy already processed for me.

I don't even deal with the rewind app thing anymore because it was giving me so many problems. I record it every morning using AudioHijack and Pulsar. I "split" the file and drag the mp3 to my phone before I leave for work. When I get home, I listen to the rest.

I used to just D/L it from a link on youtube every morning at like 10:30. But as you know, they cracked down on everything.

Reminds me, I gotta call them in the next couple of days b/c my yearly subscription is expiring and they'll automatically renew me for some obscene amount. Every year I go through the same thing with them, call them, tell them I cant afford it so I want to cancel it, then they give me the subscription for like $80 for the year. The letter I got a couple of weeks back says they'll automatically charge me like $175 for the year.

Archived