View Full Version : Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Pages : [1] 2

Drew a Penalty
06-22-2018, 10:56 PM
Name: Vitali Kravtsov
Position: RW
Shoots: L
Current Team: Chelyabinsk (KHL)

Elite Prospects Profile: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/379749/vitali-kravtsov

A big, skilled winger that can play up and down the lineup and provide scoring in a number of roles. He brings grit and physical size, but could be more assertive in throwing his weight around more. Displays excellent speed on the rush and in zone entry, but could backcheck quicker. Plays well in his own end and takes away lanes. Very good hands and awareness. Kravtsov has the potential to develop into a staple top six forward that can produce at the next level. [EP]

Current Statistics
HockeyDB.com Page:http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170115
Team Player Page:https://en.khl.ru/players/24801/

josh
06-22-2018, 10:58 PM
Russian Meddling!!

Love the upside. Not the pure goal scorer like Wahlstrom, but a much more complete player. Should see him in 1 - 2 years

NYRangers723
06-22-2018, 11:00 PM
Love the pick. Its a shame this pick is getting hammered....a year from now it will be the opposite. Big,can skate,great hands,can score....i thought this was the type of player fans always scream about getting

Phil in Absentia
06-22-2018, 11:09 PM
Russian Meddling!!

Love the upside. Not the pure goal scorer like Wahlstrom, but a much more complete player. Should see him in 1 - 2 years

He has one year left on his KHL deal and will be attending camp. There's already been rumblings from Dan Rosen and others about him possibly buying himself out of his final KHL year to jump over right away. Personally, I'd let him play it out. There's no rush.

So Nashty
06-22-2018, 11:10 PM
The more I read about him the more I like this pick.

People get too focused on rankings but time will tell I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

Phil in Absentia
06-22-2018, 11:13 PM
The problem is they left Wahlstrom on the board to take him, and Wahlstrom fell to the fuckin' Isles. That stings. Could be a non-issue, or it could haunt them for years. It's too early to tell, but it's fair to criticize them for leaving Wahlstrom there, even if you feel Kravstov is a good player (he is).

josh
06-22-2018, 11:14 PM
He has one year left on his KHL deal and will be attending camp. There's already been rumblings from Dan Rosen and others about him possibly buying himself out of his final KHL year to jump over right away. Personally, I'd let him play it out. There's no rush.

Nice. I did not know all of this

Mike
06-22-2018, 11:15 PM
The rankings are about their ability. What actually happens tells you other stories anywhere from injuries to having an asshole parent(s). Yes, that actually exists at this level. Mind boggling, I know.

So Nashty
06-22-2018, 11:16 PM
The problem is they left Wahlstrom on the board to take him, and Wahlstrom fell to the fuckin' Isles. That stings. Could be a non-issue, or it could haunt them for years. It's too early to tell, but it's fair to criticize them for leaving Wahlstrom there, even if you feel Kravstov is a good player (he is).

I’m with you there I wanted Wahlstrom and can’t think of a worst destination for him. But the isles were likely to get a good player one way or the other and you can’t draft based on what other teams might do but onnwhats right for your team.

You’re right though still stings lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

NYRangers723
06-22-2018, 11:20 PM
I’m with you there I wanted Wahlstrom and can’t think of a worst destination for him. But the isles were likely to get a good player one way or the other and you can’t draft based on what other teams might do but onnwhats right for your team.

You’re right though still stings lol

isles have gotten good draft picks the past 10 years BUT they also havent been able to build a good team around those picks. I trust the rangers more especially with such a skilled player in kranstov

Drew a Penalty
06-22-2018, 11:24 PM

Yep. Also worth noting that he expressed in combine interviews that he'd be open to playing in the CHL if that's the route his drafting team wanted. Would be a backward step for him, though.

Drew a Penalty
06-22-2018, 11:29 PM
I'll do my own personal write-up on Kravstov, but I love the pick. Unfortunate as it may be to pass up on Wahlstrom's shot, Kravtsov has loads of talent. He's both a capable scorer and playmaker.

Came alive during the playoffs for his KHL team after being given more ice time. Played both PP and PK. Torts would've loved him. Skill guy who will do the little things like block shots.

Phil in Absentia
06-22-2018, 11:33 PM
Yep. Also worth noting that he expressed in combine interviews that he'd be open to playing in the CHL if that's the route his drafting team wanted. Would be a backward step for him, though.

I don't see why the Rangers would want that. Keep him in the KHL. Have him play out his contract and make a determination then on whether he's ready to come over right away. I'd imagine he will be.

Drew a Penalty
06-22-2018, 11:39 PM
I don't see why the Rangers would want that. Keep him in the KHL. Have him play out his contract and make a determination then on whether he's ready to come over right away. I'd imagine he will be.

I agree. Only suitable routes are KHL or AHL and it might be better to keep him where's he comfortable for longer. No need to rush him. He'll continue to get minutes in Russia.

josh
06-23-2018, 12:14 AM

Some teams like to have the guy closer, learning NA hockey, learning the language, get the “good”
Icetime, etc

We have Buchnevich adjusting at 22/23, for comparison

Fatfrancesa
06-23-2018, 12:58 AM
I actually like this player and before the draft was hoping for him at 26. So with that said I like the player. What I don’t like is that the rangers always are one of the teams who go a little rogue when picking high. I wanted Dobson and would have been ok with wahlstrom too. I just feel like those guys have a better value league wide and Dobson to me was the 4th best player in the draft. The shock has worn off but the rangers for me don’t get the benefit of the doubt going off the board a bit. Their history is stock full of busts when they do this. Doesn’t mean anything about Kravtsov but this is a pick they cannot miss on. No I don’t trust glen or Gordie.

NYRangers723
06-23-2018, 01:03 AM
I actually like this player and before the draft was hoping for him at 26. So with that said I like the player. What I don’t like is that the rangers always are one of the teams who go a little rogue when picking high. I wanted Dobson and would have been ok with awahlstrom too. I just feel like those guys have a better value league wide and Dobson to me was the 4th best player in the draft. The shock has worn off but the rangers for me don’t get the benefit of the doubt going off the board a bit. Their history is stock full of busts when they do this. Doesn’t mean anything about Kravtsov but this is a pick they cannot miss on. No I don’t trust glen or Gordie.

no offense but i trust gordie more than you. If you think he would of been available at 26 you are nuts. Many predicted isles would take him with one of their picks

Fatfrancesa
06-23-2018, 08:04 AM
No offense but no shit. I didn’t draft mcilrath either though. Never said he’s be there at 26 I said hoped he was and if not it wouldn’t ruin my night.

Brooks says the rangers had him the second rated forward in the entire draft. Basically putting them on an island as the only team to think that. All great news if the rangers know something that nobody else does. A steal.

Problem is in the past we’ve been left with jessiman and the like in all time great draft years. And I didn’t make those picks.

Fatfrancesa
06-23-2018, 08:12 AM
Oh Gordie Clarke was responsible for those picks. Trust away.

Drew a Penalty
06-23-2018, 08:14 AM
Gordie wasn't even in the organization for Jessiman. That was a Tom Renney pick.

Gravesy
06-23-2018, 08:20 AM
It's a good pick. Exciting. He's an excellent player already playing in the 2nd best league in the world. I don't think it's going massively off the board either. Pronman likes it:

Pronman’s take: In Kravtsov, the Rangers get a player who had as great an end to the season as anyone I’ve seen in recent years to raise his stock. He’s likely only a year away from being in the NHL. He has size, big time skill and can skate. With Filip Chytil, Lias Andersson and now Kravtsov, those are three high-end forwards for their rebuild.

Before the knives come out it's worth considering every other team in the top 10 left Dobson and Wahlstrom on the board too.

Fatfrancesa
06-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Gordie Clark was there for jessiman.

Drew a Penalty
06-23-2018, 08:58 AM
Gordie Clark was there for jessiman.

My mistake on that, but still. As a first-year pro scout in the organization.

Look up any account. Renney thought he had his man.

lefty9
06-23-2018, 08:59 AM
isles have gotten good draft picks the past 10 years BUT they also havent been able to build a good team around those picks. I trust the rangers more especially with such a skilled player in kranstovwho was the rookie of the year last season,plus what player do the icelanders have that all rangers fans really want

So Nashty
06-23-2018, 09:19 AM
Umm barzal for one

The Dude
06-23-2018, 09:25 AM
Gotta admit I overlooked this kids size. 6'4 180 at age 18... Hope he can be elite.

Vodka Drunkenski
06-23-2018, 09:30 AM
Can he skate at 6’4”?

Dunny
06-23-2018, 09:31 AM
Fantastic skater

Drew a Penalty
06-23-2018, 09:32 AM
That 6'4" isn't right unless he somehow grew in another inch in a month since the combine and EliteProspects somehow got that measurement. He was 6'2.8" at the combine so 6'3". Still, he has great size potential if he fills out his frame. He knows how to use his reach to his advantage. He's not a burner, but he can move his feet. He's just not a pretty skater like Hughes.

ThirtyONE
06-23-2018, 03:11 PM
Rangers liked him better than Zadina. Ranked him as the second best forward in the draft. He’s a 1st line wing. Can’t wait.

Giacomin
06-23-2018, 03:35 PM
There was no way he was getting past the Isles or Dallas, the Stars had interest. Many teams (according to a scout survey) had him in the top 12, i think the worst was 17. The only question is will he be better than Wahlstrom and Dobson, who were the only guys consistently ranked higher by scouts. And for this discussion, are two guys most experts and fans were very high on. We'll get to compare right here in our backyard.

If we want to add that mgmt had him higher than Zadina, then we'll keep an eye on him too and see which guy is the next Laine. Or Kuz in Krat's case.

If we are to be honest though, Islander and Red Wing fans have reason to be overjoyed.

Pete
06-23-2018, 05:15 PM
Only way this pick looks good is if Walhstrom busts.

Dunny
06-23-2018, 05:56 PM
So if Wahlstrom produces 50 points year over year and Kravtsov produces 60 points year over year, Kravtsov was the wrong pick.

Pete
06-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Leave it to you. Every the semantical.

So Nashty
06-23-2018, 06:53 PM
If they’re both 70 pt players I’ll be happy.

Sod16
06-23-2018, 10:19 PM
Gorton definitely does not follow the old dictum: "No one ever got fired for buying IBM"

I appreciate Gorton's balls, but God save him from the wrath of this board three years from now if it does not work out.

Phil in Absentia
06-23-2018, 11:53 PM
http://prospectshifts.com/category/vitali-kravtsov/

Vodka Drunkenski
06-24-2018, 12:11 AM

Is this sarcasm ?

Phil in Absentia
06-24-2018, 12:14 AM

This isn't true, but Wahlstrom going bust would be righteous in dispelling the concerns that the Rangers left the better, and higher-ranked player on the board here.

Pete
06-24-2018, 07:37 AM
Is this sarcasm ?No. This guy either needs to be Kuznetsov or the pick will always be judged by passing on Wahlstrom...unless Oliver busts...

Long live the King
06-25-2018, 01:06 PM
First look at prospect development camp...

Gravesy
06-25-2018, 01:20 PM
Filthy.

RodrigueGabriel
06-25-2018, 02:18 PM
He should stay in the KHL and get more success on his home court. Unlike Wahlstrom, who has really distinguished himself as a goal scorer, Kravtsov is still a bundle of potential and premium tools that had a great playoffs. Let him loose for a year - out from under ice time strictures for kids - and see what he can do before changing countries, cultures, and systems.

Sent from my [device_name] using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Dunny
06-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Kravtsov's Instagram is lit.

Dunny
06-25-2018, 02:24 PM
He should stay in the KHL and get more success on his home court. Unlike Wahlstrom, who has really distinguished himself as a goal scorer, Kravtsov is still a bundle of potential and premium tools that had a great playoffs. Let him loose for a year - out from under ice time strictures for kids - and see what he can do before changing countries, cultures, and systems.

Sent from my [device_name] using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's like comparing an 18 YO who lit up short season A Ball and a 18 YO who put up decent numbers in AAA. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but Kravtsov would have destroyed the USHL, like Wahlstrom did.

RodrigueGabriel
06-25-2018, 02:32 PM
I'm just saying he hasn't really been given the chance to put up those decent numbers in AAA. He had 4 pre-playoff goals last season - albeit in restricted ice time - and then a great playoffs. Stay with the stronger competition and see what he can do.

Dunny
06-25-2018, 02:48 PM
I don't disagree on that point, probably the prudent think to do.

I don't think anyone has his CHL rights, I can't find it anyways.

Long live the King
06-25-2018, 02:54 PM
I don't disagree on that point, probably the prudent think to do.

I don't think anyone has his CHL rights, I can't find it anyways.

Don't think there is any chance he plays in the CHL. IF he buys out his last year in the KHL, he'll be in Hartford with 9 Ranger games at the end of the year just like Chytil and Andersson.

Gravesy
06-25-2018, 02:59 PM
It probably is.
But I can see the temptation to bring him over straight away. Let’s be honest; if you’re good enough to be a top 6 guy for a final 4 team in the KHL there’s a good to fair chance you’re making our roster next season.

Long live the King
06-25-2018, 03:03 PM
It probably is.
But I can see the temptation to bring him over straight away. Let’s be honest; if you’re good enough to be a top 6 guy for a final 4 team in the KHL there’s a good to fair chance you’re making our roster next season.

Possibly, but in Hartford he can play 20 minutes a night, get a load of PP time, and save a year of his ELC.

Gravesy
06-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Sure.
I think the best would be for him to stay in the KHL and get another full season at a very high level. Hopefully not buried on a checking line for most of the regular season like he was this season. My only worry is whether they’ll invest in him knowing he’ll be off next summer anyway.

However, from a personal perspective, unleashing a Buch-Chytil-Kravtsov line on the NHL next season would be fucking brilliant and make it worth tuning in every night.

Puck Head
06-25-2018, 03:20 PM
It probably is.

Not a chance
He’s a long way from our roster.

Dunny
06-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Chytil made our roster out of camp. He's more refined than Chytil.

It doesn't make contractual sense to have him burn a year, though.

Gravesy
06-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Not a chance
He’s a long way from our roster.

He played a top 6 role for a final 4 team in the 2nd best league in the world. It wouldn’t be that much of a stretch to suggest he has a shot at making one of the worst rosters in the NHL.

Respecttheblue
06-25-2018, 03:29 PM
Dumb question but why did they give him jersey #18 on draft night?
That's Staal's number. Hidden message?

Long live the King
06-25-2018, 03:36 PM
Dumb question but why did they give him jersey #18 on draft night?
That's Staal's number. Hidden message?

Every jersey handed out had 18 on it for the 2018 draft...

josh
06-25-2018, 04:02 PM

but Kravtsov is Russian!

Puck Head
06-25-2018, 04:23 PM
He played a top 6 role for a final 4 team in the 2nd best league in the world. It wouldn’t be that much of a stretch to suggest he has a shot at making one of the worst rosters in the NHL.

We will see.
And there are a lot of top line players in the KHL who aren’t NHL quality, in fact the majority of them.
And the fact it would probably not benefit his development.

Puck Head
06-25-2018, 04:26 PM

He has greater potential than Chytil, that’s what is exciting about the pick. But from everything I’ve read is that he is raw..

Which is the opposite of more refined and NHL ready

Giacomin
06-25-2018, 04:27 PM

Love this idea, but by no means want to suggest it is the best thing because I don't know enough.

For instance, how would staying in the KHL versus AHL burn an extra year? What is the kids timeframe, is he interested in learning the language here, right away? Is he just jacked to get out of Russia or would he think it is good to stay home another year? Those should be the biggest factors.

Gravesy
06-25-2018, 04:48 PM
We will see.
And there are a lot of top line players in the KHL who aren’t NHL quality, in fact the majority of them.
And the fact it would probably not benefit his development.

I don’t think it’s necessarily true “the majority of KHL top line players aren’t NHL quality”. In any case, I already said I think it would be best for him to stay there another year.

But, if you assume Buch and Kreider are our first line wingers, there really is fuck all after that in terms of dynamic wingers. I’m not saying it’s a lock, but I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch either.

Fatfrancesa
06-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Being that no one here ever had this guy as a possibility at 9 before we drafted him. I’m going to say nobody here knows the best way to develop him or can even say what he is or will be. Honestly who here has seen this kid play more than a game total at best?

Long live the King
06-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Kravtsov became a hockey player in Chelyabinsk. The fact is, he looks exactly like a player typical of that organization. He’s got very good technique and is a smooth skater. To many, it reminds them of the style of a recent Stanley Cup champion in Yevgeni Kuznetsov. Many experts draw comparison between the two players.

Kravtsov started the 2017-18 campaign with an injury, a problem that pretty much costed him a spot in the Russian WJC roster. He had a rocky start to the season after recovering from a broken wrist that kept him out for seven weeks. He didn’t loo like himself until the second half of the season. Kravtsov ended the regular season below expectations, with four goals and three assist. But the playoffs certainly made up for that.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/article/vitali-kravtsov-in-the-footsteps-of-yevgeni-kuznetsov

RodrigueGabriel
06-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Being that no one here ever had this guy as a possibility at 9 before we drafted him. I’m going to say nobody here knows the best way to develop him or can even say what he is or will be. Honestly who here has seen this kid play more than a game total at best?

I think that's all fair. (Fortunately, I did listen to the HockeyProspect ratings podcast on the train on Saturday afternoon with its #6 overall ranking and flowery praise, so when I watched the pick I had something to fall back on rather than pure shock.) Obviously the coaching staff will want to check in with that of Traktor to evaluate how Kravtsov would be used and what kind of coaching he would get and any number of those questions could result in the Rangers wanting to get him here pronto. We don't have that expertise or those answers. I'd just like to see the kid succeed in his home environment before he's out trying to conquer the world - and the girls in Times Square. And for whatever reason, he hasn't really done that yet over a full season.

Giacomin
06-25-2018, 06:37 PM
Yes, he needs some experience with the Chelyabinsk babes to get warmed up for lovely lasses of NY who will eat him alive.

Rosenvold
06-26-2018, 05:29 AM
I've always been fascinated by that team. "Traktor". How can you not love that name? That's so cold, heavy and Russian to name a team after the big-ass factory where the entire city worked.

Future
06-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Lots of folks had him as a potential top-10 pick. He was a late riser, but he didn't sneak up on anybody.

Future
06-26-2018, 09:27 AM
He has greater potential than Chytil, that’s what is exciting about the pick. But from everything I’ve read is that he is raw..

Which is the opposite of more refined and NHL ready

I don't think the organization looks at him as particularly raw. In his presser, Clarke talked about how he has a really good hockey sense and has the ability to make snap decisions and make a play when there's nothing there. He said he doesn't think Kravtsov is ready yet, specifically, but the way he spoke didn't sound like they thought he was that far off.

He also compared him favorably, at this point, to Kuznetsov.

So Nashty
06-26-2018, 09:32 AM
My impression from both Gorton’s interview and Kravtov’s was that his future will be determined at rookie camp as neither side seems to be sure if he’s ready. I believe it was said that his agent would be in NY at the end of the week to discuss options.

I have no problem with him staying in Russia but I also like the AHL route as it’s still good competition and he gets to transition to an NHL sized rink at a lower level.

Vodka Drunkenski
06-26-2018, 09:36 AM

I believe Josh mentioned selecting him prior to the draft. Edit: actually so did Dunny, saying it would be a steal.

Pete
06-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Lots of folks had him as a potential top-10 pick. He was a late riser, but he didn't sneak up on anybody.This is revisionist history. He might have been in top 10 forwards. But not overall. At least not for "lots" of folks.

josh
07-09-2018, 06:44 AM
https://hctraktor.org/media/news/

Staying in Russia to play in KHL next season.

RodrigueGabriel
07-09-2018, 07:00 AM

Wow. Nice catch. Heard it here first.

Vodka Drunkenski
07-09-2018, 07:42 AM

Must spread some rep

So Nashty
07-09-2018, 09:39 AM
If true, I am alright with that. Let him develop.

Vodka Drunkenski
07-09-2018, 09:46 AM
https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/platform/amp/2018/7/9/17548042/nhl-draft-new-york-rangers-vitali-kravtsov-to-remain-in-khl-for-2018-19-season

English version

So Nashty
07-09-2018, 09:49 AM
“Kravtsov, Shestyorkin, and Rykov are all out of KHL contract after 2018/19 and they play their final regular-season game against each other on February 22. #NYR”

This is exciting

RodrigueGabriel
07-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Good call, Mom and Dad Kravtsov! It's a year more maturity, a competitive bar to measure by, and a chance to increase his underlying confidence and character. Now let's just stay away from the broken bones. (And can we stream the games?)

Gravesy
07-09-2018, 11:11 AM
It's probably a good decision.
It's going to be exciting next year with Shesty, Kravtsov and Rykov all coming over.

RodrigueGabriel
07-09-2018, 11:52 AM
It's probably a good decision.
It's going to be exciting next year with Shesty, Kravtsov and Rykov all coming over.And Hajek, Lindgren, Howden, and maybe others ready to roll after a year with the Pack (or even some big league time).

josh
07-09-2018, 12:17 PM
And Hajek, Lindgren, Howden, and maybe others ready to roll after a year with the Pack (or even some big league time).

yes, hopefully we can get all three of these guys some NHL time this season. They each have a few AHL games under their belt, and maybe 1 of the 3 can make the team out of camp, with the others getting time throughout the season. that way, moving into 19/20, we arent trying to force 6 plus rookies into the lineup. While it sounds exciting, its a recipe for disaster.

Giacomin
07-09-2018, 07:03 PM

Great news for Chelyabinsk (where Kuz played) and us. He can enjoy one last year home and take English lessons,

Giacomin
07-09-2018, 08:05 PM
yes, hopefully we can get all three of these guys some NHL time this season. They each have a few AHL games under their belt, and maybe 1 of the 3 can make the team out of camp, with the others getting time throughout the season. that way, moving into 19/20, we arent trying to force 6 plus rookies into the lineup. While it sounds exciting, its a recipe for disaster.

Rather see one of the kids get promoted around Thanksgiving and another in Jan/Feb. It is good for them to get a taste of the A and earn it. In the long run they'll appreciate it more.

Highly doubt Shesty comes over and starts. Rykov and Lindgren are no locks to make the team. Hajek and Howden project more optimistically and should be here for good by 2019-20. I would guess Kravtsov too, if he has a strong year in the KHL.

josh
07-09-2018, 09:02 PM
The one thing I’m not optimistic about is Hartford. I think Hartford is shit. And I don’t trust them in developing players.

These kids played 40ish games last season, and I don’t think playing 40 games plus practicing with the team for a majority of the season is bad, or not enough playing time. Coaches of Hajek and Lindgren said they may be able to make the squad/play in the NHL next season. Neither is worse than DeAngelo, OGara, Gilmour, Kampfer or shit, even Skjei defensively. Play 1 some sheltered minutes the first half, bring up the other to do the same in the second half, Howden at the end of the season. Do the same with the next batch the following season.

We also have a ton of guys, and need to test them a bit to see what we got. My strategy is much more of a coddling approach (yuck) as opposed to a “throw them out there and see what we got”, but you need a little of both during development

Pete
07-09-2018, 09:39 PM
The one thing I’m not optimistic about is Hartford. I think Hartford is shit. And I don’t trust them in developing players.

These kids played 40ish games last season, and I don’t think playing 40 games plus practicing with the team for a majority of the season is bad, or not enough playing time. Coaches of Hajek and Lindgren said they may be able to make the squad/play in the NHL next season. Neither is worse than DeAngelo, OGara, Gilmour, Kampfer or shit, even Skjei defensively. Play 1 some sheltered minutes the first half, bring up the other to do the same in the second half, Howden at the end of the season. Do the same with the next batch the following season.

We also have a ton of guys, and need to test them a bit to see what we got. My strategy is much more of a coddling approach (yuck) as opposed to a “throw them out there and see what we got”, but you need a little of both during developmentSkjei is not a bad defensive player.

He's a good player who had a bad defensive year along with every other not named Staal.

josh
07-09-2018, 09:52 PM
He’s a good 4/5 guy, sure.

Pete
07-09-2018, 11:12 PM
:rolleyes:

Giacomin
07-10-2018, 09:13 AM
He’s a good 4/5 guy, sure.

You're being funny, haha.

Back to the other point, weren't you (and someone else here) saying no one gets gifted a spot, you have to earn it? Wouldn't that be even more relevent for 19 and 20 year olds? Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone, regardless I like the approach. Good precedent for coach to set. If kids start at Hartford they should have direction, goals and areas to work on. As they demonstrate progress they get called up. Unless your a franchise player, it is a natural progression.

What is it about Hartford you don't trust. I assume you are not talking about the city. The A is the A. Hartford got new coaches last year. Is it the new coaches?

paddynyc
07-10-2018, 10:05 AM
When does the KHL end their season ? I was reading Brooks and he wrote the KHL starts September 1, so maybe he can get a few games either in Hartford or maybe a game or two with the big club.

josh
07-10-2018, 03:05 PM
:rolleyes:

It's essentially the only time he's played good hockey in the NHL.

Sure, unpopular opinion.
Time will tell

josh
07-10-2018, 03:11 PM

Back to the other point, weren't you (and someone else here) saying no one gets gifted a spot, you have to earn it? Wouldn't that be even more relevent for 19 and 20 year olds? Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone, regardless I like the approach. Good precedent for coach to set. If kids start at Hartford they should have direction, goals and areas to work on. As they demonstrate progress they get called up. Unless your a franchise player, it is a natural progression.

What is it about Hartford you don't trust. I assume you are not talking about the city. The A is the A. Hartford got new coaches last year. Is it the new coaches?

During a rebuild, you give the guys a chance at this level - and they compete against each other for the playing time. I'm not suggesting Lindgren is your #1. But theres no reason to suggest he cant compete with some of the schlubs we had out there last season. I'm not going to put dogshit O'Gara out there because Lindgren's 20 years old.

Hartford is fine for turning out 4th line players. It's been a terrible place to enhance and develop the offensive skills of any player. Anyone spending more than 40ish games has pretty much been crap. Sure, 1 or 2 players here and there - that's awful.

Long live the King
07-10-2018, 03:20 PM
During a rebuild, you give the guys a chance at this level - and they compete against each other for the playing time. I'm not suggesting Lindgren is your #1. But theres no reason to suggest he cant compete with some of the schlubs we had out there last season. I'm not going to put dogshit O'Gara out there because Lindgren's 20 years old.

Hartford is fine for turning out 4th line players. It's been a terrible place to enhance and develop the offensive skills of any player. Anyone spending more than 40ish games has pretty much been crap. Sure, 1 or 2 players here and there - that's awful.

Prior to Andersson and Chytil, what talented players did we have in Hartford?

josh
07-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Prior to Andersson and Chytil, what talented players did we have in Hartford?

Even when guys like Miller and Kreider were down there, they came up and looked like crap for another 50+ NHL games. Guys like Dubinsky, Anisimov lost all offensive abilities. Going back to the Christian Thomas' and such, same thing. As a Farm club, it has failed.

Long live the King
07-10-2018, 03:32 PM
Even when guys like Miller and Kreider were down there, they came up and looked like crap for another 50+ NHL games. Guys like Dubinsky, Anisimov lost all offensive abilities. Going back to the Christian Thomas' and such, same thing. As a Farm club, it has failed.

Anisimov was a ppg player in the AHL, but the AHL caused him to lose all offensive ability? How does that make sense?

josh
07-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Putting up points in the AHL and developing into an offensive NHL player are not the same.

Long live the King
07-10-2018, 03:38 PM
Not to mention the coaching staff is different from back then...

Pete
07-10-2018, 03:40 PM

Hartford is fine for turning out 4th line players. It's been a terrible place to enhance and develop the offensive skills of any player. Anyone spending more than 40ish games has pretty much been crap. Sure, 1 or 2 players here and there - that's awful.Is Gernander still there?

josh
07-10-2018, 03:42 PM
Not to mention the coaching staff is different from back then...

And I hope it improves.

Until then, Proceed with Caution!

josh
07-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Notable alumni

The following players have played both 100 games in Hartford and 100 games in the National Hockey League:

Artem Anisimov
Derek Armstrong
Nigel Dawes
Daniel Girardi
Jason LaBarbera
Lauri Korpikoski
J. T. Miller
Al Montoya
P. A. Parenteau
Corey Potter
Tom Pyatt
Wade Redden
Michael Sauer
P. J. Stock
Cam Talbot
Dale Weise
Craig Weller

-wiki

josh
07-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Is Gernander still there?

First line RW, I assume.

Long live the King
07-10-2018, 03:53 PM
And I hope it improves.

Until then, Proceed with Caution!

With caution? The majority of the Rangers core of 'home-grown' players, during the stretch of 11 playoff appearances in 12 years, all came through Hartford. Hartford helped turn a bunch of mid round picks into a consistent cup contender. In the last 15 years the only top 20 picks to go through Hartford are Miller, Kreider, McIllrath, and Montoya. There hasn't been any high end skill for them to work with down there.

Long live the King
07-10-2018, 03:57 PM
Notable alumni

The following players have played both 100 games in Hartford and 100 games in the National Hockey League:

Artem Anisimov
Derek Armstrong
Nigel Dawes
Daniel Girardi
Jason LaBarbera
Lauri Korpikoski
J. T. Miller
Al Montoya
P. A. Parenteau
Corey Potter
Tom Pyatt
Wade Redden
Michael Sauer
P. J. Stock
Cam Talbot
Dale Weise
Craig Weller

-wiki

What is the point of this list?

josh
07-10-2018, 04:05 PM
That's your list of successful players developed in Hartford over the last 20 years.

That list blows.

josh
07-10-2018, 04:07 PM
With caution? The majority of the Rangers core of 'home-grown' players, during the stretch of 11 playoff appearances in 12 years, all came through Hartford. Hartford helped turn a bunch of mid round picks into a consistent cup contender. In the last 15 years the only top 20 picks to go through Hartford are Miller, Kreider, McIllrath, and Montoya. There hasn't been any high end skill for them to work with down there.

I posted earlier that I dont want guys down there too long. Hence why we have to get some up with the Rangers this season, so the crop next season isnt stuck down in Hartford for an extended period.

Long live the King
07-10-2018, 04:20 PM
That's your list of successful players developed in Hartford over the last 20 years.

That list blows.

I posted earlier that I dont want guys down there too long. Hence why we have to get some up with the Rangers this season, so the crop next season isnt stuck down in Hartford for an extended period.

Well these two things contradict each other. The list is players that played more than 100 AHL games. The vast majority of talented, skillful players coming up through the AHL aren't going to play 100 games. And its hard to send talented, skillful players through your AHL team when you trade most of your 1st round picks.

josh
07-10-2018, 04:27 PM
no it doesnt

I post a listed of mostly crappy players - and said I dont want to repeat this or come close, in a response to you suggesting Hartford is a great place to put our talented prospects.

Future
07-10-2018, 04:27 PM

These kids played 40ish games last season, and I don’t think playing 40 games plus practicing with the team for a majority of the season is bad, or not enough playing time.

We also have a ton of guys, and need to test them a bit to see what we got. My strategy is much more of a coddling approach (yuck) as opposed to a “throw them out there and see what we got”, but you need a little of both during development
Last year I said I was fine platooning Chytil and Andersson (ELC slide notwithstanding) for this exact reason. They'd both get 40-something games, and I'd rather them getting those games with the Rangers than I would the Pack.

Long live the King
07-10-2018, 05:00 PM
no it doesnt

I post a listed of mostly crappy players - and said I dont want to repeat this or come close, in a response to you suggesting Hartford is a great place to put our talented prospects.

Yes you did because good players don't play 100 AHL games.

Chytil and Andersson are the only prospects that have significant AHL experience. Hajek, Lindgren, and Howden could play the whole year in Hartford and not come close to 100 games.

josh
07-10-2018, 05:19 PM
Yes you did because good players don't play 100 AHL games.

Chytil and Andersson are the only prospects that have significant AHL experience. Hajek, Lindgren, and Howden could play the whole year in Hartford and not come close to 100 games.

NOOOOO!!!!!
AHHHHHH!!!!

Giacomin
07-10-2018, 09:16 PM

Yep, and those two will have some expectations to make the club out of camp. The 3 others could (and as of now should) start in Hartford. We need a good AHL farm system and we have to believe the new coaches and Drury/Gorton will make it a good place to develop.

There is no reason, if they are deemed "ready" to not call them up. Maybe one before xmas and another around the deadline. That would be a good thing and slightly optimistic.

Future, giving Chytil and Andersson their 9 games was the best move. They weren't ready, the team was a shit show and we got another ELC year. How can you argue the contrary. Odd post by you.

Gravesy
07-11-2018, 05:06 AM
Surely the true test of Hartford starts now as we finally have something close to a stacked farm system for the first time in a generation.
I’d agree the 100/100 list doesn’t tell us much. A better list would be players who have been through Hartford for a meaningful period of time, like a minimum of 20 games, and gone on to have solid NHL careers.

Blue Heaven
08-24-2018, 06:53 PM
:tweet: @RickCarpiniello
Per an NHL scout, #NYR prospect Vitali Kravtsov was “dominant” and “scary good” for Russia vs. Sweden. Goal, assist, scored in shootout.

josh
08-24-2018, 07:20 PM
https://kenyatalk.s3.amazonaws.com/2016/07/107671_f4f421ff15b68281dc4531376caedb36.gif

Phil in Absentia
08-24-2018, 07:27 PM
LMFAO

Blue Heaven
08-24-2018, 08:50 PM
:rofl:

So Nashty
08-24-2018, 09:00 PM
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Lt. Dan
08-24-2018, 09:24 PM
:lol: :lol:

Slobberknocker
08-27-2018, 10:43 AM
Couple of real good outings for Kravtsov at the start of Governor’s Cup. Such a difficult kid to stop when he plays with confidence because of his awareness and ability to find those dangerous areas in opposition end. Puck-handling and shot are a given. #NYR — Alex Nunn (@aj_ranger) August 15, 2018

josh
08-27-2018, 10:52 AM
Couple of real good outings for Kravtsov at the start of Governor’s Cup. Such a difficult kid to stop when he plays with confidence because of his awareness and ability to find those dangerous areas in opposition end. Puck-handling and shot are a given. #NYR — Alex Nunn (@aj_ranger) August 15, 2018

Highlight video put together by Alex from the Four Nations tourney.
Kravtsov won offensive player of the tournament with a goal and 3 assists in 3 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaIClujNVRw

phillyb™
08-27-2018, 12:33 PM
Thanks for posting. Kid looks fucking great out there. I had no idea who this kid was when we drafted him, but I'm loving what I'm seeing now.

Edit - just rewatched the PP shift. He generated like...4-5 scoring opportunities on one shift.
2:10 in the video.

Pete
08-27-2018, 07:32 PM
Highlight video put together by Alex from the Four Nations tourney.
Kravtsov won offensive player of the tournament with a goal and 3 assists in 3 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaIClujNVRwJust one goal? Bust.

josh
08-27-2018, 07:34 PM
Just one goal? Bust.

The goalies can still wear the larger pads over there, obviously!

Pete
08-27-2018, 07:39 PM
The goalies can still wear the larger pads over there, obviously!:searches for "overrated" thread:

josh
08-27-2018, 07:52 PM
Underrated: glasses

torontonyr
08-28-2018, 08:26 AM
Kravtsov has Zucc-like vision which is really impressive. More impressive though is his positioning on the ice to get access to open pucks and/or to repossess loose pucks. He's also got a willingness to go into corners (especially on a bigger ice surface) which makes me believe his game will translate to the NHL/AHL structure.

Overall, I'm thrilled by what I see here. Thanks!

Slobberknocker
08-28-2018, 09:26 AM
The New York Rangers’ Vitali Kravtsov was named the best forward at the 2018 U20 Four Nations Tournament with a goal and three assists in three games. The 18-year-old was the ninth overall pick by the Rangers in this year’s draft and is expected to return to his KHL team, Traktor Chelyabinsk, as he signed a one-year deal there. The hope is Kravtsov will be ready to compete for a spot on the Rangers roster next season. Minnesota Wild’s Simon Johansson was named top defenseman, while Detroit Red Wings’ Jesper Eliasson was named top goaltender.

josh
09-02-2018, 08:13 AM
Season opener vs CSKA playing now

Pete
09-02-2018, 09:56 AM
Season opener vs CSKA playing nowWhere?

Vodka Drunkenski
09-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Russia

josh
09-02-2018, 03:10 PM
I only watched the first. He didn’t see much action, but had 2 strong shifts with scoring chances.

Slobberknocker
09-07-2018, 08:26 PM
so far nada thru 2 games and -1. getting about 13+ min a game, essentially what he got in the playoffs last year, up from the sub 10 min last season.

Dunny
09-21-2018, 02:47 PM
Traktor shook up their lines today, I don't think he's with Stoa now, which is nice.

Anyways, he has 1G in this game and his line looks good.

Traktor is a bit of a mess, though.

josh
09-21-2018, 03:33 PM
I'm guessing he didnt score in either of the blowout losses. lol.
That team is horrible.

Dunny
09-30-2018, 08:29 AM
Kravtsov does a couple things with the puck every game that really stand out. His skating and hands look outrageous. At least once in every game thus far he's had a rush where he's created 4-5 feet of separation on the defenceman out of thin air. His backchecking is relentless.

He made a one timer slap pass a couple nights ago that was just sublime. Stoa shanked it of course.

Next step is translating all this in to production. That's the million dollar question, can and will that happen?

Dunny
09-30-2018, 08:30 AM
I'll add, follow Alex Nunn on Twitter, you won't miss a KHL highlight for Ranger properties.

Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc
10-01-2018, 04:14 AM
I'll add, follow Alex Nunn on Twitter, you won't miss a KHL highlight for Ranger properties.

Been following him for a while. Always writes and post GIF's of Kravtsov's games. Nice way to stay updated on the russian prospects.

Dunny
10-05-2018, 07:39 AM
Traktor shut out by Kunlun in Beijing this morning.

They're a mess, wish Kravtsov could get out of there somehow.

10-05-2018, 08:38 AM
KHL not doing us a favor with our prospects. The Cherepanov tragedy, Shesty being benched by a worse goalie for a long time (finally not anymore), Rykov not getting any playing time and now Kravtsov playing on a shit team.

If they don't make the playoffs, will he then come over? If he will, when is their regular season over? Most likely not playing for Rangers this year, but maybe Hartford makes the playoffs.

Mistercosmic
10-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately, that's the risk you take drafting KHL players and it's one reason why many Russian players usually fall so far in NHL drafts. Their development process is more difficult to predict.

Dunny
10-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Goal and an assist in 7-2 win over Vladivostok this morning.

Nice goal and an absolute beauty primary assist btw

Dunny
10-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Traktor got spanked, again, today but everyone should check out the move Kravtsov pulled off behind the opposing net.

I don't know how to post that stuff but it's bonerific

Future
10-11-2018, 02:40 PM
KHL not doing us a favor with our prospects. The Cherepanov tragedy, Shesty being benched by a worse goalie for a long time (finally not anymore), Rykov not getting any playing time and now Kravtsov playing on a shit team.

If they don't make the playoffs, will he then come over? If he will, when is their regular season over? Most likely not playing for Rangers this year, but maybe Hartford makes the playoffs.
Well Rykov got a ton of minutes last year, if I'm not mistaken, and just got traded to a team where he's playing top-4, and I think Kravtsov playing big minutes, even on a bad team, is probably a net good thing.

I agree that the KHL is a bit of a wild card, but I don't know that the Rangers are worse off because of it...at least not relative to any other teams.

Future
10-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Traktor got spanked, again, today but everyone should check out the move Kravtsov pulled off behind the opposing net.

This one?

https://twitter.com/aj_ranger/status/1050365052593700870

Dunny
10-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Yeah that's it, I could have posted the link duhh

CCCP
10-11-2018, 03:36 PM
hope he keeps his head up cause in NHL that defender coming at him will not be poke checking, he'd be looking to send you back to KHL dazed and confused

Dunny
10-11-2018, 03:56 PM
Well, they'd almost certainly be poke checking now.

CCCP
10-11-2018, 04:09 PM
not Wilson or Gudas or bunch of other assholes

Pete
10-11-2018, 05:18 PM

Not for nothing, but I did that in men's league on Saturday. It's just pathetic defense.

Dunny
10-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Speaking of which, where's Contessa?

Pete
10-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Speaking of which, where's Contessa?He the one I pulled it on. Still looking for his skates.

Dunny
10-12-2018, 09:14 AM
Traktors HC is out

josh
10-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Traktors HC is out

"family reasons"

sure, bud.

Pete
10-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Traktors HC is out

"family reasons"

sure, bud.

What's this all mean?

josh
10-12-2018, 09:21 AM
Kravtzies coach was fired because the team is fucking awful.

Maybe theyll get more structure. There's no system.

Dunny
10-12-2018, 09:22 AM
I dunno. They suck balls.

I'd like them to continue to suck balls, Kravtsov gets lots of ice and if they don't make playoffs he could be in Hartford by March, even time for a 8 game cameo in New York.

Dunny
10-12-2018, 09:22 AM
Traktor is still greatest team name ever.

Pete
10-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Kravtzies coach was fired because the team is fucking awful.

Maybe theyll get more structure. There's no system.

I dunno. They suck balls.

I'd like them to continue to suck balls, Kravtsov gets lots of ice and if they don't make playoffs he could be in Hartford by March, even time for a 8 game cameo in New York.
Ohhhh...I thought "HC" referred to hockey club....That's why I was confused.

josh
10-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Traktor is still greatest team name ever.

I love the logo and mascot.

And the twitter is fucking hilarious... translate tweet

10-12-2018, 09:39 AM
It won't hurt him to be used to shitty team mates. His first seasons here will be a shitshow aswell.

Long live the King
10-16-2018, 12:07 PM

Can't wait to watch this kid work with Panarin next year...

phillyb™
10-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Can't wait to watch this kid work with Panarin next year...

Haha, I'm so torn on this, but Artemi would be HUGE to add in the offseason...if we're...competing to win, that is.

Long live the King
10-16-2018, 01:32 PM
If we are lucky enough to draft Hughes, then you have to go for it. Panarin - Hughes - Kravtsov is a killer scoring line. You have to get Panarin if he becomes available. Next year Hajek and Rykov improve the D. Then in Panarin's second year here you hope Miller and/or Lundkvist can step in and boost the D even more.

phillyb™
10-16-2018, 01:44 PM
DET getting that #1OA though.

Long live the King
10-16-2018, 02:08 PM
DET getting that #1OA though.

All up to the lottery...

2012 - Edmonton moved from 2 to 1 to draft Yakupov
2013 - Colorado moved from 2 to 1 to draft MacKinnon
2014 - Florida moved from 2 to 1 to draft Ekblad
2015 - Edmonton moved from 3 to 1 to draft McDavid
2016 - Toronto stayed at 1 for Matthews
2017 - Devils moved from 5 to 1 to draft Hischier
2018 - Buffalo stayed a 1 for Dahlin

Noting is a sure bet. Anything can happen.

Giacomin
10-19-2018, 02:20 AM
All up to the lottery...

2012 - Edmonton moved from 2 to 1 to draft Yakupov
2013 - Colorado moved from 2 to 1 to draft MacKinnon
2014 - Florida moved from 2 to 1 to draft Ekblad
2015 - Edmonton moved from 3 to 1 to draft McDavid
2016 - Toronto stayed at 1 for Matthews
2017 - Devils moved from 5 to 1 to draft Hischier
2018 - Buffalo stayed a 1 for Dahlin

Noting is a sure bet. Anything can happen.

Yeah and some of that data is when the odds were weighted more heavily to the very bottom teams. Now even the worst team only has less than 20% chance at Hughes. And Detroit is going to be hard to catch, they are keeping kids in the A and have no offense at all.

I say we avoid all very high-priced UFA except if he meets these conditions:

1. Not older than 27, low miles, no injuries. Especially if 7 year contract
2. Perfect fit, fills positional and skill need.
3. Must be excellent skater and likes to play fast.
4. Dynamic impact player
5. Wants to be here, won't try to extract every last nickel or drum-up a bidding war.

I think Panarin is the rare UFA that meets all 5 criteria. As of now, I say we aggressively explore signing him whether we get Hughes or not. This draft already has at least 5 kids who look like very high-end prospects and a very deep first round overall.

11-02-2018, 04:04 AM
Kravtsov with 2 more assists last game. 3 games point streak going on now (4 assists). 7 points in the last 11 games.

I was really high on Wahlstrom, but I got a feeling this was the right pick. Kravtsov still pacing same as Tarasenko, Kuznetsov and Panarin in their season following their draft.

Pete
11-02-2018, 08:43 AM
My only concern is that he's on a shit team and therefore catching the other team "sleeping".

No one is getting amped up to play Traktor.

11-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Well, he's teammates sucks tho - I don't think its any easier to put up points on a bad team beacuse the other teams might take it a little easy. He's learning how to carry a team, which he will need to do at times here.

Kravtsov has been involved (scored or assisted) on 25% of Traktor's goals this season.

Rest of the season will be interesting to follow. Kuz put up almost a ppg from this point of his D+1 season. Kravtsov now got 4 points in his last 3, will he keep up with Kuz's production? Kuz ended with 32 points in 44 games.

Future
11-02-2018, 09:56 AM
My only concern is that he's on a shit team and therefore catching the other team "sleeping".

No one is getting amped up to play Traktor.
I mean maybe, but I don't think that would apply to the playoffs last year, when he was scoring at a better pace than he is now.

Gravesy
11-02-2018, 10:01 AM
Kravtsov with 2 more assists last game. 3 games point streak going on now (4 assists). 7 points in the last 11 games.

I was really high on Wahlstrom, but I got a feeling this was the right pick. Kravtsov still pacing same as Tarasenko, Kuznetsov and Panarin in their season following their draft.

Wahlstrom hasn't been up to much for BC so far fwiw.
I still like this pick.

Dunny
11-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Kravtsov is producing at a better clip than Kuznetsov and Tarasenko at that age.

Wahlstrom? Seriously?

Dunny
11-02-2018, 10:11 AM
Traktor has been a shit show, but they aren't anywhere near bottom of league. In fact, they're playing their way back in to playoffs.

11-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Kravtsov is producing at a better clip than Kuznetsov and Tarasenko at that age.

Wahlstrom? Seriously?

Not to be a downer, but Buchnevich did the same thing and he's a healthy scratch now. Yakupov outscored all of them and is back in the KHL now after being a NHL bust.

Not taking anything away from Kravtsov tho, he looks like the real deal. Can't wait to get him over.

Dunny
11-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Kravtsov was scratched yesterday as far as I can tell, anybody know why?

Pete
11-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Back injury from carrying the team.

Long live the King
11-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Alex Nunn tweeted a while back there is a U20 4 nations tourney going on in November. Sweden, Finland, Czech, and Russia. Prep for the world juniors. That'd be my guess.

Dunny
11-05-2018, 02:42 PM
Oh shit, that's right, International duty.

Thanks!

11-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Alex Nunn tweeted a while back there is a U20 4 nations tourney going on in November. Sweden, Finland, Czech, and Russia. Prep for the world juniors. That'd be my guess.

Lets hope he lights it up! Will any other Ranger play? Lias? Lundkvist? I think it would be good for Chytil to get away for some days too.

Long live the King
11-06-2018, 01:00 PM
Lundqvist should. Lias is too old. Pa

Long live the King
11-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Oh shit, that's right, International duty.

Thanks!

Lets hope he lights it up! Will any other Ranger play? Lias? Lundkvist? I think it would be good for Chytil to get away for some days too.

Tournament program in Hodonin

Friday 9 November:
15:00 Finland - Russia
18:30 Czech Republic - Sweden

Saturday 10 November:
15:00 Sweden - Finland
18:30 Czech Republic - Russia

Sunday 11 November:
15:00 Russia - Sweden
18:30 Czech Republic - Finland

Pajuniemi is also playing for the Fins...

http://www.hokej.cz/mladez-clanek/kravcov-kupari-kakko-podkolzin-hodonin-se-tesi-na-plejadu-talentu/5034261

Dunny
11-09-2018, 09:29 PM
Kravtsov named captain, he'll be captain for WJC, too, I assume.

Pete
11-10-2018, 02:51 PM
https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1061344600659505152

Dunny
11-10-2018, 04:39 PM
Wow. I'm guessing but I would think Czechs missing Major Junior guys?

Anyways, cool of them to re-create the lighting in the rink from '72 Summit Series.

So Nashty
11-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Stud

Dunny
11-11-2018, 01:04 PM
I think he was playing Center, that's good we need that 8th
aspiring center man to round out the roster.

ThirtyONE
11-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Please, God, let him turn out to be an awesome NHL player.

lefty9
11-12-2018, 03:28 PM
Please, God, let him turn out to be an awesome NHL player.

this is the rangers you're playing to,they not allowed to have premiere skilled.forwards

josh
11-12-2018, 03:31 PM
I think he was playing Center, that's good we need that 8th
aspiring center man to round out the roster.

Could be good for his development, as he wont have that space on the wings in the NHL, as he does in the K

Giacomin
11-12-2018, 04:54 PM
I'll take another 1C, how's his D?

How long have you been a Ranger fan to complain about too many 1C's?

Drew a Penalty
11-12-2018, 05:51 PM
You need one before you have too many.

Dunny
11-15-2018, 08:56 AM
Kravtsov scores a very nice goal yesterday, he's pretty good as a triggerman off the right wing, which we don't have at all.

He'll be leading Traktor in scoring, probably by Xmas. Numbers are starting to look really impressive vs. his peers at that age.

Oliver Wahlstrom? From the looks of it he's a liability in a men's amateur league that he also doesn't produce much offence in. Had we chose Wahlstrom we'd be pretty despondant at this point.

Gravesy
11-15-2018, 10:34 AM
Kravtsov is the real deal.
Wahlstrom is just a chubby frat boy who dined off Jack Hughes service.

not really

Dunny
11-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I'm going with that.

Phil in Absentia
11-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Kravtsov scores a very nice goal yesterday, he's pretty good as a triggerman off the right wing, which we don't have at all.

He'll be leading Traktor in scoring, probably by Xmas. Numbers are starting to look really impressive vs. his peers at that age.

Oliver Wahlstrom? From the looks of it he's a liability in a men's amateur league that he also doesn't produce much offence in. Had we chose Wahlstrom we'd be pretty despondant at this point.

Yeah, as of today, it looks like they got this one right.

CCCP
11-15-2018, 05:42 PM
only if he transitions well into NHL

ThirtyONE
11-16-2018, 02:00 AM
Yeah, as of today, it looks like they got this one right.

Jeez you would have thought the sky was falling when they didn't pick Wahlstrom a few months ago...

I never understood how fans who don't watch any of these kids play with regularity could possibly have such strong opinions about them.

I hope Kravtsov turns out well for us but we just won't know for a number of years.

Phil in Absentia
11-16-2018, 05:18 AM
Well, that's a misnomer. Fans who DO watch these kids play were driving that bus. Wahlstrom looked like the real deal.

josh
11-16-2018, 06:10 AM
Most just saw highlights and said they “watch”

NYRangers723
11-16-2018, 07:48 AM
Jeez you would have thought the sky was falling when they didn't pick Wahlstrom a few months ago...

I never understood how fans who don't watch any of these kids play with regularity could possibly have such strong opinions about them.

I hope Kravtsov turns out well for us but we just won't know for a number of years.

I loved the pick and I had heated discussions with many on here when it happened. Admittedly I didnt watch him in many games but I knew he was a very fast riser similar to chytil and he tore it up in the playoffs when given more icetime. Was never a fan of Wahlstrom. Yes has potential as a goal scorer but many have said he has a low motor which is never a great sign

Pete
11-16-2018, 11:23 AM
If someone said they watched NCAA hockey as much as KHL hockey I'd have to call bullshit. And if they are, it's a handful of games per season.

Things that don't tell the whole story:
- Alex Nunn tweets
- Condensed games
- Highlights

I was favoring Wahlstrom because the chances were it'd be easier to get him here sooner. We don't exactly have a great history with Russians. Even at the draft, he seemed more like a lock, and we seemed to have over-valued LyinAss Medalthrower.

Phil in Absentia
11-16-2018, 02:03 PM
Most just saw highlights and said they “watch”

Depending on the number of highlights you're watching, I'd argue that counts. Enough to make a judgment call, at least. But the ones who matter — the guys who truly follow the game at a prospect level — almost all had Wahlstrom ranked ahead of Kravstov.

Pete
11-16-2018, 02:04 PM
Depending on the number of highlights you're watching, I'd argue that counts. But the ones who matter — the guys who truly follow the game at a prospect level — almost all had Wahlstrom ranked ahead of Kravstov.

The thing about highlights...They don't show lowlights.

Phil in Absentia
11-16-2018, 02:11 PM
The thing about highlights...They don't show lowlights.

For sure. Which is why I appeal to authority on drafting, generally speaking. Scouts watching kids play all year long know way more than I do, watching sparingly (if at all). But that doesn't remove my ability to criticize the Rangers when they clearly reach for a player universally ranked lower than he's taken. Andersson, for example, or McIlrath in a more extreme case. I don't think it's at all out of bounds to say, on average, taking the 12th ranked player (aggregate) with the 8th pick isn't sound strategy.

If it works out, great. Thus far it appears they're right on Kravstov over Wahlstrom. But the jury is still largely out on both as neither is in the NHL yet.

Pete
11-16-2018, 02:35 PM
For sure. Which is why I appeal to authority on drafting, generally speaking. Scouts watching kids play all year long know way more than I do, watching sparingly (if at all). But that doesn't remove my ability to criticize the Rangers when they clearly reach for a player universally ranked lower than he's taken. Andersson, for example, or McIlrath in a more extreme case. I don't think it's at all out of bounds to say, on average, taking the 12th ranked player (aggregate) with the 8th pick isn't sound strategy.

If it works out, great. Thus far it appears they're right on Kravstov over Wahlstrom. But the jury is still largely out on both as neither is in the NHL yet.

The small ice is the great equalizer.

josh
11-16-2018, 03:01 PM
Didnt watch the third, today. Didnt seem to have the puck on his stick as much this game, but was always in scoring/shooting position. Teammates failed to give him the puck, though

Dunny
11-16-2018, 03:20 PM
Lose 1-0 to SKA. No shame in that.

AliveIn94
11-16-2018, 03:46 PM

If it works out, great. Thus far it appears they're right on Kravstov over Wahlstrom. But the jury is still largely out on both as neither is in the NHL yet.Jury's still out on Andersson, I think. I see your overall point though.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

NYRangers723
11-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Didnt watch the third, today. Didnt seem to have the puck on his stick as much this game, but was always in scoring/shooting position. Teammates failed to give him the puck, though

Yeah thats been a theme all year for that team. Kravstov could have a lot more points if they could finish

Gravesy
11-17-2018, 07:03 AM

I agree in general, but the difference between players ranked 8-12 usually comes down to preference rather than a significant gap in quality.
It's also worth noting that in Kravtov's case, he really was a late riser due to his playoff performance. Who knows where he'd be ranked if he played a similar role during the regular season. I think with Russian players there's always an element of familiarity or lack thereof. in literally every draft there is a Russian kid going late who turns out to be absolute dynamite.
I also felt that there's was too little weight given to the effect of Wahlstrom riding shotgun with Jack Hughes. I mean you can only imagine the type of numbers Kravtsov would put up playing alongside Hughes against kids rather than in the KHL.

That being said, we still don't know how this pans out. Maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong. Maybe Wahlstrom comes into the league and pots 40 a season and make them look like total pricks for not selecting him. So far it's looking good though.

AliveIn94
11-17-2018, 10:43 AM
I agree in general, but the difference between players ranked 8-12 usually comes down to preference rather than a significant gap in quality.
It's also worth noting that in Kravtov's case, he really was a late riser due to his playoff performance. Who knows where he'd be ranked if he played a similar role during the regular season. I think with Russian players there's always an element of familiarity or lack thereof. in literally every draft there is a Russian kid going late who turns out to be absolute dynamite.
I also felt that there's was too little weight given to the effect of Wahlstrom riding shotgun with Jack Hughes. I mean you can only imagine the type of numbers Kravtsov would put up playing alongside Hughes against kids rather than in the KHL.

That being said, we still don't know how this pans out. Maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong. Maybe Wahlstrom comes into the league and pots 40 a season and make them look like total pricks for not selecting him. So far it's looking good though.Russian kid going late...paging Nikita Kucherov picked in the second round no.51

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=92212)

Dunny
11-17-2018, 11:16 AM

That being said, we still don't know how this pans out. Maybe they were right, maybe they were wrong. Maybe Wahlstrom comes into the league and pots 40 a season and make them look like total pricks for not selecting him. So far it's looking good though.

More like, can you imagine Hughes' production boost playing with Mogilny Jr amirite?

Gravesy
11-17-2018, 11:41 AM
He’d be sitting on 400 points imho.

Puck Head
11-18-2018, 12:23 AM
More like, can you imagine Hughes' production boost playing with Mogilny Jr amirite?

Hughes won’t be dependent on others for the boost

Gravesy
11-22-2018, 09:03 AM
Pronman's report on the best players from the U20 4 nations:

Russia’s top line of Denisenko, Vitali Kravtsov (NYR) and Nikolai Kovalenko (COL):
This was the best line at the tournament, with the line exploding for five goals in one game. Kravtsov wasn’t as dominant as he was at the August tournament but he was still good, playing with pace and skill. Interestingly to me, Russia deployed him as the center, which I’ve never seen him play before. Russia is deep on wings but thin down the middle this season for the WJC, so this could carry over to the real tournament. Kovalenko was no slouch, either. He made plays, competed hard and seemed to have an extra jump in his step from last season.

Dunny
11-22-2018, 01:34 PM
No points for scrub Kravtsov today but Christian Thomas getting chance on top line and scores twice lol

Traktor wins again.

11-27-2018, 07:45 AM
Not about Kravtsov, but norwegian Mathias Emilio Pettersen (drafted 167th overall by Flames this year) has 11 more points than Wahlstrom in NCAA so far this season. Pettersen is also 2 months younger and is only 5'10. I wanted Rangers to take him so badly... :/

Gravesy
11-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Even K'Andre is comfortably outscoring the tubby one in the NCAA.

11-27-2018, 08:21 AM
Even K'Andre is comfortably outscoring the tubby one in the NCAA.

yeah, but he's not norwegian :D

Would be fun to see Emilio make it to the big league. He would be the new norwegian midget in the league lol

Gravesy
11-27-2018, 09:33 AM
yeah, but he's not norwegian :D

Would be fun to see Emilio make it to the big league. He would be the new norwegian midget in the league lol

Yeah, that would be good. I think the Flames made a good pick there.
I played against his dad quite a few times, many moons ago. He played for M/S back in the day.

11-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Yeah, that would be good. I think the Flames made a good pick there.
I played against his dad quite a few times, many moons ago. He played for M/S back in the day.

Seriously? haha, thats cool. How/why did you play against M/S?

Gravesy
11-28-2018, 05:14 AM
Seriously? haha, thats cool. How/why did you play against M/S?

I played for Frisk in the early 90's before moving to North America.

11-28-2018, 05:15 AM
I played for Frisk in the early 90's before moving to North America.

Hah, that's cool. Can you speak norwegian?

Gravesy
11-28-2018, 05:41 AM
Hah, that's cool. Can you speak norwegian?

Yes. I am Norwegian and grew up there though, so it's not really that impressive. :p

11-28-2018, 05:49 AM
Yes. I am Norwegian and grew up there though, so it's not really that impressive. :p

:palm: how didn't I know that lol.

You ditched this beautiful place for the US? damn...

:pbjtime:

Gravesy
11-28-2018, 05:56 AM
Well, it was better playing hockey there.
I'm back here now though :cool:

Gravesy
11-28-2018, 05:59 AM
Anyway, back on topic before we receive a paddling.

Vitali Kravtsov recorded an assist, registered four shots on goal, and posted a plus-one rating in 16:33 of ice time on Nov. 24 against Torpedo, and he also posted a plus-one rating in two of three games he played during the week. In addition, during the past week, Kravtsov was selected to participate in the 2019 KHL All-Star Game, as he was one of 12 players selected by journalists to play in the game. As part of the selection format, Kravtsov was the only forward from the Kharlamov Division who was selected by journalists to play in the game.

Future
11-28-2018, 12:18 PM
Well, it was better playing hockey there.
I'm back here now though :cool:

:palm: how didn't I know that lol.

You ditched this beautiful place for the US? damn...

:pbjtime:
Friendly warning, because you don't believe in freedom.

https://media.giphy.com/media/uKwa2KiBA0rTy/giphy.gif

Dunny
11-28-2018, 12:38 PM
I imagine Norway is just as depressing as Iceland was, and it's hard to imagine a more depressing place than Iceland.

Blue Heaven
11-28-2018, 01:58 PM
I imagine Norway is just as depressing as Iceland was, and it's hard to imagine a more depressing place than Iceland.

Iceland depressing?
Everyone that I encountered there seemed so happy.....and I was there this past February where everything was snow/ice and gray.

Dunny
11-28-2018, 02:11 PM
I was there in Fall. The weather is awful and everyone lives in LEGO houses. I found the landscape resembles the Moon. Everyone was happy on Laugavagur sure, but I didn't catch that vibe in fishing villages I went to.

I'm also pretty cynical.

Gravesy
11-29-2018, 09:06 AM
Iceland is great. Would I live there? Fuck no.
I do know from experience that Oslo shits on both northern upstate NY and central Quebec from a great height and is vastly superior in every conceivable way.
But I do love the US and wouldn't mind moving back if the opportunity came along.

Dunny
11-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Central Quebec is a pretty low bar lol, Quebec in general is a shithole.

Anywayys goal and assist for our boy this morning!

phillyb™
11-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Katten min snukke norske.

josh
11-29-2018, 02:09 PM
Translate Tweet

CCCP
11-30-2018, 01:58 PM
this morning I had Norwegian wood.

josh
11-30-2018, 02:07 PM
how was he?

SaveByRichter35
11-30-2018, 02:10 PM
how was he?

:rofl:

CCCP
11-30-2018, 03:29 PM
how was he?

choppy

Dunny
12-01-2018, 10:24 AM
Kravtsov played Center today for Traktor?

josh
12-01-2018, 12:31 PM
Kravtsov played Center today for Traktor?

He’s in a different position every shift.

Dunny
12-01-2018, 12:36 PM
I don't understand why they won't give him even a sniff on the top line despite he being their most dynamic player by a country mile on a team that at times feels like they may never score another goal all year.

Russian hockey is fucked.

Slobberknocker
12-04-2018, 09:26 AM
anyone know how often we send a guy over there to watch him?

Gravesy
12-04-2018, 12:30 PM
anyone know how often we send a guy over there to watch him?

Bobrov is over there, and I'd imagine he watches him quite often. This quote is from today:

"On a struggling team, filled with injuries and coaching changes, Vitali has been a bright light. His vision, playmaking ability, and dynamic skill and skating style are on display every game."

Also:

Kravtsov has recorded 15 points (five goals, 10 assists) in 31 KHL games this season, and he has tallied a point in six of the last 10 KHL games he has played, recording eight points (two goals, six assists) over the span. Kravtsov is tied for the team lead in assists, ranks third in points and shots on goal (72), and ranks fourth in goals this season. The 18-year-old leads all KHL players younger than 20 years old in goals, assists, and points in 2018-19. Kravtsov has registered more than twice as many points as any other KHL player younger than 20 years old has this season, and he also has more assists (10) than any other KHL player younger than 20 years old has points (six) thus far in 2018-19.

12-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Is it 100% that he's coming over already after this season? I see that Tarasenko and Kuznetsov played in the KHL even in their D+3 season. I feel like it would be typical Rangers to rush things.

Pete
12-04-2018, 12:46 PM
Bobrov is over there, and I'd imagine he watches him quite often. This quote is from today:

Also:

#stud

Giacomin
12-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Is it 100% that he's coming over already after this season? I see that Tarasenko and Kuznetsov played in the KHL even in their D+3 season. I feel like it would be typical Rangers to rush things.

I'm not sure if it is 100%, but I think that is the plan unless he regresses. In this case, I assume the Rangers do not think his current team will be better than having him here under our staff adjusting to the US and either Hartford or NY. I've read he wants to come over after the KHL season ends.

josh
12-04-2018, 12:56 PM

No, and he's not signed, either.

Going into the draft, it was known that both Tarasenko and Kuznetsov might not come over. That was right when the KHL was starting to become a legit league. Tarasenko was coached by his father, and it was known that he would play 2+ more seasons in the KHL after beigng drafted. and Kuznetsov was offered big money to stay. He was getting over $3m tax free plus incentives as a teen, and would only get less than $1m (taxed) on his ELC. He even mentioned going back to Russia before signing his last contract.

Kravtsov, with an assist already today, has been pretty adamant about playing in the NHL. Going to a team like the Rangers probably helps, too.

josh
12-04-2018, 12:58 PM

You might be able to stream the games off their website.
https://text.khl.ru/en/71093.html

Gravesy
12-04-2018, 01:04 PM
You can’t say it’s 100%, but I’d say it’s pretty fucking likely.
They were strongly considering bringing him over straight after the draft, but decided against it because of a concern over whether Traktor would throw a spanner in the works. He’ll be here imo.

Dunny
12-04-2018, 01:27 PM
He's coming, he's already been here and he seems like he has a New York sized personality.

Two more points on a goal and an assist through two periods in today's game.