• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Heating your home

We set it at 62-64 when it's like this, normally 59-60 in the shoulder season.

We have an old style thermostat with pretty dramatic swings -- due to replace it.

WIll supplement with some wood burning in the fireplace once the "puppy" is a little less ummmmmmm .. kinetic.

My wife is a pain in the ass and has it set at 64 all the time. I raise it to 67 in the morning, and back to 64 when I'm not home.

Ha, mine likes it at 56-60 .. you could put down an ice rink in this place somedays.

Shit. I had hydro bills approaching $600/month when I lived in a forest and that was with geo-thermal. Big reason I moved to where the gas line was. But that's pretty steep for gas!

Anyone still on heating oil? I know some people that are and heating your house takes a fuck of a lot of the budget.

Our bill is usually around $200, but the off set is that from Spring through Fall, its usually between $20-$60, so I can suck it up for a couple of months.

I find that when my heating is 200 my electric is 50 and in the summer vice versa.

Archived