• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What was the oddest conflict you ever found youself involved in?

BlairBettsBlocksEverything

At my brother's christmas party this past weekend, at about 3:30 in the morning I happen across a conversation between two guys (both indian) and some girl (who thinks she's smart but isnt) about international relations in terms of how it affected India. The girl says something stupid about India so I chime in that "India is a fast growing emerging economy."

one of the Indian kids starts flipping out on me, saying "I don't have to take this shit from a fucking cracker like you!" I thought he misheard me but than he yelled "How dare you call India an emerging economy!"

the other Indian kid was laughing at him and was totally cool about it. Turns out I was wrong to assume they knew each other beforehand.

I was too surprised/confused to get into a fight with this kid (who by the way knew nobody that was still there, friend of a friend of a friend type deal). Needless to say he got kicked out.

Because he thought they were already an established economy?

At the end of a 7th grade dance, I had a girl that liked me approach me about being her boyfriend. I was already in a conundrum because I was interested in the hottest 6th grade girl. To avoid the first question, I turned around and Bam, another interested girl (cute 8th grader) stood there looking for an answer for a potential relationship. Before I could think, 1 more girl, that was a really close friend wanted to be more than that. And then, the girl I liked joined in the fiasco. I was surrounded by 4 good looking ladies all wanting to go out with me.

Pimpin aint easy.

I ended up with the 6th grader for a couple weeks. Eventually went out with 2 of the others, as well.

At the end of a 7th grade dance, I had a girl that liked me approach me about being her boyfriend. I was already in a conundrum because I was interested in the hottest 6th grade girl. To avoid the first question, I turned around and Bam, another interested girl (cute 8th grader) stood there looking for an answer for a potential relationship. Before I could think, 1 more girl, that was a really close friend wanted to be more than that. And then, the girl I liked joined in the fiasco. I was surrounded by 4 good looking ladies all wanting to go out with me.

Pimpin aint easy.

I ended up with the 6th grader for a couple weeks. Eventually went out with 2 of the others, as well.

IDK maybe that's how he felt. I certainly didn't expect to be called a cracker because of it though.

I would've expected you to ask for all four at once. They'd be game.

IDK maybe that's how he felt. I certainly didn't expect to be called a cracker because of it though.

I could see 2 of them being down for it. Not the other ones.

In grade school, I dated to two prettiest chicks at the same time. I loved the bus rides

Emerging economy is pretty generous, I would slap the "Frontier Economy" label on them

well in terms of just sheer size they have great potential. It is in fact, the biggest market in the world when you consider how many consumers there can be. There's certainly problems in the country but there are many possibilities.

On the way back from the bar in Montpelier, my friend and I, very inebriated, stumbled upon this other drunk 30something year old blonde haired guy wearing a Turkish flag t-shirt. He seemed a little odd but very nice and not at all threatening. He invited us into his place for a beer. The place was really strange. Long hallways and a lot of doors just to get into his apartment. Something felt not right but we went in anyways.

After sitting at his kitchen table and getting into discussions about police control, and politics, and world issues, he got really really really strange. He turned into a dark character. Lots of deep stares at us.. long pauses.. holding his hands in his coat. The rest of his apartment was dark and he implied he had a gun. It got so fucking odd and scary. He did the coin flip thing out of No Country For Old Men. But he was deranged and serious about it.. flipping the coin on my friend's life. This was all long and drawn out over an hour or so. Then he did it to me. I basically said fuck you.. finally stood up saying we were going to leave. He told me to sit down. At that point, it was 50/50 whether or not we were getting out of there alive. We thought there might be someone in the other room as well. The fear in my friend's eyes told me that he believed we were going to be skinned alive or something. Like 100%.

So easily the scariest moment of my life was walking back through those hallways trying to find out way out, fully expecting him to come up behind us with a gun. My friend was trying to get the door open and it was stuck. We thought we were locked from the inside for about 30 seconds in this dark hallway. We got it open, got out then I had to punch through a glass window to get the outside door open. We booked it back to our apartment. I spent the rest of the early morning fighting with the town police so they could investigate this guy. Some kid ran a cop off the road the same night, so it wasn't in their interest to help me. I ended up getting a couple stitches in my hand and we were both VERY disturbed by the incident. I can't explain how creepy this guy was and the way his apartment was... very silence of the lambs-like.

Turns out this is him. The police said they were very disturbed by his apartment and his behavior when they knocked on the door. They found no weapons but said they informed the landlord and he was evicted after that. They apologized to me and said they were keeping a close eye on this guy because he was definitely mentally ill and very hostile. Fucking creep.

561155_481264298564100_66688932_n.jpg

136015_495624700461393_1216259282_o.jpg

You can always go with the Louis CK defense when called a cracker.

Uh. Ruined my day. Boy you shouldn't have called me a cracker. Bringing me back to owning land and people, what a drag.

As far as oddest conflict...heading to spring break in Florida 1993, a bunch of skateboarders, driving through Georgia, four of us in the car, the driver Dom, a mulatto and my buddy Enoch, who was a big, very dark skinned black guy riding shotgun, me and another white kid in the back seat. We're all stoned out of our minds and have plenty of weed still left on our assorted persons. Speeding. Getting pulled over. And then before the first cop, a big hulking white guy even gets to our car, another three cop cars pull up behind him and he goes back to talk to them.

I'm assuming I'm either dead or at the very least, going to jail for a long time. This wasn't the 60's by any stretch, but it wasn't exactly 2013 either.

Long story short, we were all shitting ourselves as two of them took a while to even get to our car, but the big guy was as nice as can be. Let us off with a warning after talking to us at length about skating after seeing our boards in the back, as his little brother skated too.

I was at work a few years ago, and there was this guy that always came in who would always act strange as fuck. He wouldn't steal, but he always acted like he did; talking really loudly on his cell phone, scoping out all of the aisles, etc. Anyway, this one time he came in and he was down the candy aisle. The one thing he would always buy was this giant variety pack of shit candy like Tootsie Rolls, Smarties, Double Bubble (Stupid details, I know, but it enhances the mental issues this guy has.)

One time he opened one up and started rifling through it. My boss goes, "Your turn". So I go up to him, "Can I help you?". "Yea, there isn't enough double bubble in here, I want it for (so and so price)." "well sir, we don't put those together, they come from a warehouse." "Thanks for nothing" Walks out pissed.

About an hour later, my boss left and I was the manager on with a frail older cashier. Double bubble walks back in. He goes straight to the candy aisle and starts switching the price labels, grabs an aforementioned variety pack, and comes up to the register. The cashier rings it up. "(so and so price) please" "What?! it says $3.99 on the shelf." The cashier gets nervous and calls me over. I take over.

"Whats the problem, sir?"

"Yea your cashier rang this up wrong."

"No, thats the price of the item, I saw you switching labels."

"You didn't see shit, I want it for $3.99"

"I cant do that."

The guy is getting extremely angry, but I was past the point of doing favors for people, even someone threatening like him. I restate the price and says fine. He starts rifling through his pockets for his wallet and all of a sudden he takes his knife out and slams it on the counter, and looks at me for about 30 seconds. I'm like fuck no. I backed away from the register and reached for a pair of scissors under the register without him seeing me.

Then, randomly, he goes, "Just kidding" and swipes his card. I nearly shit a brick. After that I carried a knife with me at work. The guy continued coming back and causing problems, but nothing like that. Thats all I've got.

Sophomore year of college at Plattsburgh (1995), my buddies and I got an extension to stay in the dorms for an extra day after the Fall semester so we can head up to Montreal to go see the Dave Matthews Band concert. Since I was the only one with a car I was the one that had to drive. After the concert it was a driving rainstorm, so it was really hard to see outside the windows and mirrors. I pulled out and I sideswiped a car. I panicked and stepped on the gas but got stuck at a red light a block away. Guy I sideswiped was none to happy, ran after me, pulled me out of my car, and I thought I was gonna get a beatdown. This was a big dude, wearing a fur coat, and with what looked like a prostitute. He was demanding $1000 right on the spot. I was like I dont have that kind of cash. His car had a couple of small scratches, and a cracked reflector, so what he was asking was definitely not $1000 worth. He forced me to call my parents. They said insurance will take care of it, we're not sending money. Finally the cops came to sort out the situation. First and only time ive been in a police car. They said they could arrest me for leaving the scene of an accident but they gave me a ticket and suppose to have 7 points on my license. Didnt get the points. Anyways the dude that I sideswiped didnt have insurance. He was calling my parents all the time demanding money. I swear I thought he was gonna come to NY and find me. Finally Im assuming he just gave up. Ever since then I try to avoid driving to Montreal, did it once since then.

One time I had this girl tied up in my basement, and no matter what I said or did to her, she wouldnt admit she loved me and wanted to spend eternity with me. That was weird.

Mr. Smith, you shoulda just given me the price I wanted man. Double bubble is double bubble!

At my brother's christmas party this past weekend, at about 3:30 in the morning I happen across a conversation between two guys (both indian) and some girl (who thinks she's smart but isnt) about international relations in terms of how it affected India. The girl says something stupid about India so I chime in that "India is a fast growing emerging economy."

one of the Indian kids starts flipping out on me, saying "I don't have to take this shit from a fucking cracker like you!" I thought he misheard me but than he yelled "How dare you call India an emerging economy!"

the other Indian kid was laughing at him and was totally cool about it. Turns out I was wrong to assume they knew each other beforehand.

I was too surprised/confused to get into a fight with this kid (who by the way knew nobody that was still there, friend of a friend of a friend type deal). Needless to say he got kicked out.

Brazilians get annoyed by this type of comment also. They feel like their economy is further along than it is given credit for. And they have a proud history. Plus, they get tired of how American politicians treat them in meetings (as inferior, not equal partners). So you touched a raw nerve unintentionally. I could see how it would be even a bigger issue with Indians than with Brazilians, given India's long history (and US settlement by Europeans a much more recent phenomenon).

Pimpin aint easy.

You know you're not allowed to go to these dances anymore, right?

Brazilians get annoyed by this type of comment also. They feel like their economy is further along than it is given credit for. And they have a proud history. Plus, they get tired of how American politicians treat them in meetings (as inferior, not equal partners). So you touched a raw nerve unintentionally. I could see how it would be even a bigger issue with Indians than with Brazilians, given India's long history (and US settlement by Europeans a much more recent phenomenon).

Well according to the other Indian kid, that kid has only bent here once when he was a little kid. He's fully American lol.

Conllict...hmm....Me and a friend were about 10 years old and were walking around by the boat docks where they keep the boats on land during the winter back were I grew up in Sweden, all of a sudden we run into a guy lying completely naked under by his boat masturbating in the sun, my friend decided he should throw a rock at him for that so he does that and it hits him hard in the thigh and he freaks out and comes running after us along the docks completely naked and crazy....lol. Maybe not a conflict but at least very odd.

Another "conflict" happened when I and another friend was having a class trip to Germany in 1989 before the wall fell and East Berlin was still in cold war mode occupied by Russians. During one of the days we were allowed to go over on a traind to the east side to have a real look at what things were like in East Berlin which was ofc horrendous conditions with oppressive air thick enough that you could touch it but that's a long story. During our trip on the train back from East Berlin to West Berlin the Russians decided to raid our train for random drug/wpn bust and smart as we were this was the time when me and my friend decided to go and check out the restaurant car at the end of the train, we were 15 and stupid, we went back to the cart and once there we saw it was shut down and we were pissed and started trying to argue with the german lady running the restaurant in the cart, she was just yelling at us in german raus raus pointing at the other direction we had no clue what her problem was.

Then we finally turn around and see the rest of the train slowly pulling away already 20 yard away from us in the last cart standing still by the station.

Afraid of getting stuck in East Berlin behind the wall we crash open the door and run for our lives along the track like in a western movie trying to catch up to the train and we manage to catch it just in time where it start going faster with my friend just barely making it I had to pull him up as the train was starting to go faster.

All the while this happening we could see the Russian soldiers with German shepherds and rifles in hand running along the station towards us to see what the hell was going on...

Def one of the scariest moments of my life.

Archived