• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Apple TV and Gamecenter

EdMc28

After having center ice last year and being thoroughly disappointed I'm switching to game center this year. Anyone else use it in conjunction with apple tv? Does it work well? I'm looking to stream the games from either the iPad or macbook to the big screen in HD over my wireless network.

After having center ice last year and being thoroughly disappointed I'm switching to game center this year. Anyone else use it in conjunction with apple tv? Does it work well? I'm looking to stream the games from either the iPad or macbook to the big screen in HD over my wireless network.

Curious as to why Center Ice was a disappointment since you are getting a direct feed from the cable provider to your TV? Where as now you're gonna do a feed from your internet service provider, to your Ipad/Macbook then feed it to your big screen.

Curious as to why Center Ice was a disappointment since you are getting a direct feed from the cable provider to your TV? Where as now you're gonna do a feed from your internet service provider, to your Ipad/Macbook then feed it to your big screen.

Personally, I am looking at switching from CI to GC for the usability. Watching on phone, computer, tablet, Apple TV, xbox, rewinding, replaying, going back and reviewing... I just think it has a lot more options.

I'm worried I will be blacked out of some games, though. I hope to get some sort of trial to test it.

Cablevision doesn't carry any of the games in HD and at the end of the season they have to split the center ice channels with MLB extra innings so I would lose a handful of games each night. The HD thing was the kicker. Watching the games with giant black boarders around the screen sucked.

WTF, how does Cablevision not carry games in HD? I know T/W does the same with Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings but I thought if thats the problem then the NHL game would be on that teams sports channel, so lets say you wanted to watch Pens game but the game wasnt on Center Ice b/c of baseball then you can flip to FS Pittsburgh to catch the game.

WTF, how does Cablevision not carry games in HD? I know T/W does the same with Center Ice and MLB Extra Innings but I thought if thats the problem then the NHL game would be on that teams sports channel, so lets say you wanted to watch Pens game but the game wasnt on Center Ice b/c of baseball then you can flip to FS Pittsburgh to catch the game.

Cablevision sucks. That's the only thing I can think of. It makes 0 sense not to carry the feeds in HD when everything is broadcasted in HD these days.

Personally, I am looking at switching from CI to GC for the usability. Watching on phone, computer, tablet, Apple TV, xbox, rewinding, replaying, going back and reviewing... I just think it has a lot more options.

I'm worried I will be blacked out of some games, though. I hope to get some sort of trial to test it.

Def. trial for it, if Syracuse is like where I live, I can't get Rangers or Sabres games on game center live, or center ice for that matter. It sucks because I don't have cable

Cablevision doesn't carry any of the games in HD and at the end of the season they have to split the center ice channels with MLB extra innings so I would lose a handful of games each night. The HD thing was the kicker. Watching the games with giant black boarders around the screen sucked.

Same story down here with comcast. I've heard Game Center has its own set of issues but honestly I'm willing to give it a shot at the point. I'm tired of paying a shitload of money to get no hd, shitty end of the year coverage and usually not getting msg's feed.

Same story down here with comcast. I've heard Game Center has its own set of issues but honestly I'm willing to give it a shot at the point. I'm tired of paying a shitload of money to get no hd, shitty end of the year coverage and usually not getting msg's feed.

The way I see it is $100 for the apple TV and $18 a month for center ice is worth the gamble. If game center sucks I'm sure I'll still have a use for the apple TV.

If you have GC on an tablet, can you view it through the HD Cable?

Don't see why not.

I thought I was going to have to stream game center from the iPad to the apple tv I was wrong. The apple TV has an NHL app in there that you simply log in and watch on the big screen. Made things even better.

Im still not sure if I should get it. I kind of want it but up here, I get Rangers, Sabres, Devils and Islanders. So chances are there will always be two games on anyway. Kind of feel like it isn't totally worth it.

I was going to get it because my roommates cousin plays for the Charlotte Checkers and if he gets called up to Carolina, he could watch. but he probably won't be, so no point

I'm waiting until my Pop gets back to work (which frees up my cash stream) and I'm going to pull the trigger. Looks so good.

Yup. It's worth the $$$.

Condensed games kick ass. I watched a few this morning during breakfast on my phone. Great feature. Also, I like the fact that even if a game is blacked out (like Philly's game last night because its on Comcast) you can still see the replay of each goal scored within minutes on GameCenter.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived