• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Anyone know a Real Estate agent in BK?

viventi

I'm looking to see if anyone can suggest a real estate agent that they know or have previously worked with, or even a place for rent by owner. I'm looking to move to the Bensonhurst/Bay Ridge area in November. I'm currently living with one of my friends but their rent is up in December, so rather than look for another place in NJ, I want to move back up to NY.

Looking for a 1 bedroom place, not a studio. Trying to keep it under 1100-1200ish a month. Hardwood floors are a must have, and no basements. The closer to the D train the better.

I've been looking online and contacted a few places but I could use all the help I can get. If anyone can help point me in the right direction that would be awesome :)

If you're renting from a building with a management company then you don't.

But a private house in that neighborhood, a lot of times homeowners use RE agents to screen.

We looked for months when my wife and I moved in. We finally bit the bullet and went to an agent. We fell in love with the first place he showed us. Sucked to pay him, but the apt wasn't listed publicly anywhere. The owner was getting...the wrong type of applicants.

We had to go through a broker when getting our apartment, but we found the place and did all of the work ourselves. It was a pretty good experience though, she was really nice and didn't pressure us at all, which is extremely rare when it comes to NYC agents. Before her, all I heard was "here's the paperwork, fill it in ASAP because I don't know if the apartment will still be available in an hour"

Ugh, lind$ living near me. My car insurance is going to go up when my neighborhood becomes bumper cars.

Nah!! It won't, hopefully...I'm keeping it registered in NJ lol. Do you still live off 86th? I pass by there all the time. Like a few times a week lol.

We had to go through a broker when getting our apartment, but we found the place and did all of the work ourselves. It was a pretty good experience though, she was really nice and didn't pressure us at all, which is extremely rare when it comes to NYC agents. Before her, all I heard was "here's the paperwork, fill it in ASAP because I don't know if the apartment will still be available in an hour"

Yea thats pretty much how it is. That is why brokers are good.

That plus they have listings you would never see otherwise. Going to be going through the same process in the next few months myself.

• 1 month later...

Archived