• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Spain Builds 47-Story Tower...With No Elevator

Pete

The builders of the InTempo skyscraper in Benidorm, Spain, what was supposed to be a striking symbol of prosperity amid the country's financial crisis, forgot to include a working elevator.

It had been slated to be the tallest residential block in the European Union.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/europe/spain/130810/47-story-intempo-skyscraper-built-without-elevator#1

--

Oh, EU...you keep making fun of the U.S....Don't you ever change...:rolleyes:

I'm sure they didn't "forget". There's definitely more to this than we're being told.
I know. Who forgot? The architect, builder, building inspector, fire inspector plus all the union shops? They can't all be that dumb. :confused:

The initial six countries of the EU made a grave mistake expanding as they did. Now there's no way out that isn't catastrophical.

---

Re-reading the article though... I think they didn't built a working service elevator during construction. Nowhere does it say there's no elevator at all and I can't imagine they aren't included eventually. They just weren't using one during construction, because there was none.

EDIT: Yeah, here are pictures, the article is a really bad translation and there are 11 elevators in the structure: http://barcepundit-english.blogspot.nl/2013/08/that-story-about-spanish-skycraper.html

I'm told that several American TV crews (CNN, CBS etc) arrived yesterday in Benidorm to cover the story. If so, the trip's gonna be wasted...

Oh, American media... don't you ever change... ;)

So true.

The EU is like looking at a sexy life sized cutout of a supermodel, only you realize its just cardboard.

This is about as true as thinking well of the US, but ending up in Newark or Camden and concluding the whole country must be awful.

The article isn't inaccurate, if you read the whole thing. It's just written poorly. They had to stop construction because there were no working elevators and workers were carrying shit up 47 flights. I mean, regardless of anything, that's pretty fucking stupid.

The article isn't inaccurate, if you read the whole thing. It's just written poorly. They had to stop construction because there were no working elevators and workers were carrying shit up 47 flights. I mean, regardless of anything, that's pretty fucking stupid.

Oh, for sure it's fucking stupid by the construction crew, but maybe they were finally putting some people back to work in Spain. That'd be nice for a change.

Probably built by a union, all that bureaucracy made it so no one spoke up

You want to go in a 40 story building a Union didn't build? All builds that really matter are built with union labour/trades for the simple fact that they are the only ones with the expertise.

I work for a non union company that thinks they are hot shit. They suck. The giant union conglomorate I left for this place may have been inefficient and wasteful as all fuck but they have the most knowledgeable roster of employees in the country. Bar none.

Archived