• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Yea, like I said...its the vatican. Small city of good surrounded by not so much.

Only to the south and east where you get into the Bed-Stuy/Fulton areas.

Everything by the water, especially surrounding the school, is just great. I'd probably still be there if not for the fact I just hated relying on the G train.

These two uber white hipsters moved onto a block in my precinct that's ridiculously violent. They have no idea. You can't gentrify east New York. There was a murder are this block last year and two armed robberies in the past month here. I want to just shake them and be like "leave here now!" But I know I can't. A buddy of mine and I were talking about them and saying of the girl "I hope that she only gets robbed and nothing else", because its inevitable.

I don't get people sometimes. Be careful where you move, bro.

These two uber white hipsters moved onto a block in my precinct that's ridiculously violent. They have no idea. You can't gentrify east New York. There was a murder are this block last year and two armed robberies in the past month here. I want to just shake them and be like "leave here now!" But I know I can't. A buddy of mine and I were talking about them and saying of the girl "I hope that she only gets robbed and nothing else", because its inevitable.

That's why I ask

Clinton Hill is not East New York. It's not even close.

There was an obvious ;), no? I get the metaphor, it's just that the nicest part of Rome is actually right outside the Vatican. :D

Agreed. That's where I stayed when I was there. There was a sketchy area on one side though. Don't remember the area but it was near the metro station named Cipro

I meant a little city within a city. Next time I'll pick a place that can't get nit picked. ;)

The Vatican is damn little though. It's like a quarter of Central Park at best. There's the church, the square, some apartments, a garden, a museum and a library.

Such a weird place too. It's neat though.

The Vatican is damn little though. It's like a quarter of Central Park at best. There's the church, the square, some apartments, a garden, a museum and a library.

Such a weird place too. It's neat though.

The safe area Jimmy wants live in is little, too. Its too crunchy for him. And I don't want Amanda walking home from a shitty stop on the G train.

• Like 1

The safe area Jimmy wants live in is little, too. Its too crunchy for him. And I don't want Amanda walking home from a shitty stop on the G train.

What makes you think it's shitty? I lived there for five+ years. I've known dozens and dozens of friends who've lived there and still do. Not a single one of them has even come close to being mugged or beaten up or raped or anything like that.

I think this is a bit of a "if you haven't played the game" scenario for you, no? I mean, you've never lived there. Have you even visited? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I feel like you have a pretty poor understanding of that neighborhood if you think Amanda's not safe at 10pm every night walking from the Clinton-Washington stop.

The whole area is essentially eclectic art students, young professionals and musicians (especially going down DeKalb from Clinton-Washington to the Williamsburg Bank building) and church-going black families. The Clinton-Washington stop, in fact, is right outside of the Apostolic Faith Church.

I lived at Ryerson and Park for three and a half years and that entire block with the exception of a few art school students was nothing but black families. I said good morning and good afternoon to so many of them every single day going to and from school or to and from work, and whenever I was carrying work with me they'd always want to see it and compliment a photograph or a painting, etc.

I lived in Brooklyn my whole life dude. I know the area. Re read what I said. The surrounding area is shitty. Niko lived in Brooklyn his whole life too, and is familiar with the area. He was thrilled either.

I lived in Brooklyn my whole life dude. I know the area. Re read what I said. The surrounding area is shitty. Niko lived in Brooklyn his whole life too, and is familiar with the area. He was thrilled either.

I realize that, but you lived in south Brooklyn. Same as Nik. Brooklyn is a very large place. I'm saying I lived there, in the exact area Jimmy is looking at, quite literally a street away from the apartment location he posted.

I just don't like the idea of anyone saying that the area isn't safe for Amanda to walk home in. It's not even close to being true. The area is gorgeous. It's full of parks and really friendly families, students and young professionals and musicians. It has it's own "local scene" largely due to it being somewhat isolated by the G train being the only real line of public transport, but also has the B61 bus as well. If you're into art, like attending galleries, enjoy wine, enjoy mom & pop shops and restaurants, etc. it's a wonderful place to be, and depending where you live and what kind of access you have to your roof, you get a beautiful view of downtown Manhattan if you're near Park or the Naval Yards.

The "surrounding area" you are talking about is 30 blocks away. You have literally one set of projects (that are directly across from the 81st precinct) in a neighborhood otherwise composed entirely of historic brownstone buildings.

He has nothing to worry about until he decides to start venturing west past Bedford Ave heading into Marcy and the Marcy projects. Why he'd ever do so is beyond me, because there's ample warning in place the entire way there, and there's nothing actually there to go visit in the first place, so I also fail to see why that's an issue.

Maybe you didn't see the map? He posted a flag 5 blocks away from Bedford Ave. So what are you talking about it being 30 blocks away?

I know Brooklyn is a big place. I know where I lived. I also know places I've been. I wouldn't let my girlfriend or wife or daughter walk around that area at night alone. So I sure as shit wouldn't tell someone else to move there.