• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Back home after nearly 4 hours in the ER. They're admitting her tonight. They think it's some type of angina in her heart, but they aren't sure. Lovely.

One positive did come out of this. My mom and uncle who haven't talked in years were sitting around like best friends. Maybe everyone will be back to spending the holidays together again. Was really nice to finally have a conversation with him after like 2 years or so.

Back home after nearly 4 hours in the ER. They're admitting her tonight. They think it's some type of angina in her heart, but they aren't sure. Lovely.

One positive did come out of this. My mom and uncle who haven't talked in years were sitting around like best friends. Maybe everyone will be back to spending the holidays together again. Was really nice to finally have a conversation with him after like 2 years or so.

I'm sorry to hear Greg I hope she gets better :)

What'd I miss? Greg, your grandmother was hospitalized? :(

Yeah, I explained most of it earlier. This is the second time in 3 days. She's there overnight now. They think it's angina in her heart but they really aren't sure. Gotta do more tests. She's 83 now and these visits are coming with more regularity. Her mental state is fine, but physically, man, she's deteriorating. It's hard to watch. I'm standing there looking at her, and my uncle who limps from a bad knee and I'm like, "Gee, this is what I have to look forward too, huh?"

Yeah, I explained most of it earlier. This is the second time in 3 days. She's there overnight now. They think it's angina in her heart but they really aren't sure. Gotta do more tests. She's 83 now and these visits are coming with more regularity. Her mental state is fine, but physically, man, she's deteriorating. It's hard to watch. I'm standing there looking at her, and my uncle who limps from a bad knee and I'm like, "Gee, this is what I have to look forward too, huh?"

Ugh, that's awful man. I'm so sorry to hear it. Both my grandmothers are approaching their late 70's as well, and both have undergone pretty severe surgeries for hip replacements and knee replacements. It's so incredibly depressing to watch the human body deteriorate and break down like that, especially when it's happening to people who don't deserve that kind of suffering. I don't know your grandmother well, but I can't imagine she deserves it either. Here's to hoping to a quick and healthy recovery! :cheers:

Ugh, that's awful man. I'm so sorry to hear it. Both my grandmothers are approaching their late 70's as well, and both have undergone pretty severe surgeries for hip replacements and knee replacements. It's so incredibly depressing to watch the human body deteriorate and break down like that, especially when it's happening to people who don't deserve that kind of suffering. I don't know your grandmother well, but I can't imagine she deserves it either. Here's to hoping to a quick and healthy recovery! :cheers:

Thanks! And I hear ya. Very rarely does someone deserve the fate they ultimately get. Same for your grandparents, I hope they stay healthy. My grandma had open heart surgery 7 years ago I think, which changed her lifestyle around, eating wise. Then, just a few months ago, her heart was giving her trouble, so they put in a pacemaker and everything was fine until now, and when I say fine, I mean PERFECT, spot-on blood pressure and rate, etc. Now this happened, so I really don't know what to make of it, except that in the end, we're all gonna slow down and eventually stop running the race. It's depressing for everyone, and I imagine everyone here and everywhere else has experienced it. It's not fair for anyone.

dang your grandparents are young (compared to your age), Phil. Unless mine are just older.

My whole family is, really. My mom is only 55, and my Dad just turned 51. They had me young, and my they were both had young by their parents, too.

So, last night around 1230 I was on the NJ Turnpike and three of the five bolts that hold my front passenger wheel on snapped. Which resulted in this...

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381311_588833072207_56600341_31972956_1919508501_n.jpg

which then resulted in this...

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381093_588859908427_56600341_31972995_999677945_n.jpg

My problem is that two towing companies handled my car so I'm stuck in the middle of a finger pointing war. Cant wait to see how this turns out lol.

Back from the hospital. Stopped by to see her. They still don't know exactly what's wrong with her. *sigh*

Side note: one would think that the meals being served a patient who is in with a heart condition would not be scrambled eggs for breakfast, tuna for lunch, and roast beef for dinner. Idiots.