• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Hall of Fame Class: Pavel Datsyuk, Jeremy Roenick, Shea Weber, and More

• Phil changed the title to Pavel Datsyuk, Shea Weber Highlight 2024 Hall of Fame Class

Absolutely ridiculous Alexander Mogilny got passed over again.  Not only does the guy have the stats and the ring, he had the balls to to ditch the Red Army team and make a daring defection to the United States, paving the way for every Russian player since then to come to the NHL and realize their NHL dreams.

Meanwhile, a never-was like Colin Campbell gets in for being Bettman's lap dog.

10 hours ago, deejaid said:

Absolutely ridiculous Alexander Mogilny got passed over again.  Not only does the guy have the stats and the ring, he had the balls to to ditch the Red Army team and make a daring defection to the United States, paving the way for every Russian player since then to come to the NHL and realize their NHL dreams.

lol I know. When I saw his name, I couldn't believe it. That's the only reason he got in. Terrible coach and terrible executive. 

It took awhile for Roenick to get in, so maybe Mogilny gets there eventually, but yeah, he should have been in awhile ago.

14 hours ago, deejaid said:

Colin Campbell had a long but undistinguished career as a player. Off the top of my head, Ron Greschner and  Harold Snepts, 2 contemporaries, were better D. Nobody thinks either is HoF material.  He was a shitty coach, and would appear only reason he's going in the Hall is because he's jerked off the right people working in the NHL front office. Even there, recall how he questioned Marc Savard's concussion injury when it was becoming clear to anyone that head injuries were an issue. Disgraceful, and cheapens the Hall, along with the Mogilny snub. . 

Edited by Bugg
  • Keeps it 100 2

• Phil changed the title to 2024 Hall of Fame Class: Pavel Datsyuk, Jeremy Roenick, Shea Weber, and More