• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blue Jackets Name Don Waddell President of Hockey Operations, GM and Alternate Governor

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Phil said:

Damn, total takeover. Good for him, and the Jackets. JD stinks. You can tie so many of the Jackets' biggest blunders directly to him.

That's kind of reductive. Firstly he doesn't stink, he's largely responsible for this roster and they're in the Eastern conference finals 2 out of 3 years.

Secondly when was Columbus ever good? I don't see how you can blame JD for what's going on there especially when he wasn't there for a lot of what's happened recently. When a team always stinks it's kind of ridiculous to try and blame one guy just because he's the guy who's there now. There's something else about Columbus... Maybe the fact that nobody wants to play there...

He's definitely had some big blunders like Babcock, but he ain't the reason they're terrible..

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Pete said:

That's kind of reductive. Firstly he doesn't stink, he's largely responsible for this roster and they're in the Eastern conference finals 2 out of 3 years.

Secondly when was Columbus ever good? I don't see how you can blame JD for what's going on there especially when he wasn't there for a lot of what's happened recently. When a team always stinks it's kind of ridiculous to try and blame one guy just because he's the guy who's there now. There's something else about Columbus... Maybe the fact that nobody wants to play there...

He's definitely had some big blunders like Babcock, but he ain't the reason they're terrible..

His blunders have been whoppers, is my point. Babcock and Provorov, especially. Believe Gudbransson and Merzlikins are under his tenure, too. But sure, he doesn't stink. He's just not that good.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

His blunders have been whoppers, is my point. Babcock and Provorov, especially. Believe Gudbransson and Merzlikins are under his tenure, too. But sure, he doesn't stink. He's just not that good.

I mean there's a GM there lol.

And there's a reason Jaarmo got fired. 

Just now, Pete said:

I mean there's a GM there lol.

And there's a reason Jaarmo got fired. 

JD should have gotten fired right with him for Babcock alone. That set them back so much.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

JD should have gotten fired right with him for Babcock alone. That set them back so much.

That I agree with. That was a dumb decision as soon as somebody said his name out loud and the rest of the room didn't burst out laughing.