• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Necas Wants Higher Role in NHL Lineup; Likely to Be Traded by Hurricanes

14 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Good player. Hope he doesn't land in NJ.

Doubtful. The working theory is that Vancouver would be a likely landing spot because he was reportedly involved in any Elias Pettersson trade:

The Hurricanes reportedly dangled Necas in trade discussions involving Elias Pettersson before the Swede ultimately signed an extension with the Vancouver Canucks this season. Necas was reportedly also included in trade offers to the Calgary Flames for Matthew Tkachuk in 2022.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2919013

Seattle maybe, too. Necas was taken in 2017 when Ron Francis was still in CAR front office.

One idea I’ve read floated is that he desires to play center. Boston needs a Top-6 center. With their desperate need for a center, and Carolina clearly needing a goaltender, I see a trade helping the two teams out being something that could make sense, with Necas going to Boston in a deal for Ullmark at some point this summer.

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

One idea I’ve read floated is that he desires to play center. Boston needs a Top-6 center. With their desperate need for a center, and Carolina clearly needing a goaltender, I see a trade helping the two teams out being something that could make sense, with Necas going to Boston in a deal for Ullmark at some point this summer.

Ugh. Gross. Makes sense, too.