• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bruins Announcer Jack Edwards Announces He Will Retire Following the 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs

He’s never been good. But he was especially slippery this year, and it was a topic amongst Bruins fans I know.

Most of the time, when people retire, you want to wish them well in retirement and talk about them in a good way. Especially someone who is been around as long as Edwards has been around.

But here? Nope.

Good fucking riddance, to a horrible, beyond biased and often confrontational announcer who long overstayed his welcome in the booth.

I obviously hope for the best for him with his health in the future. But he was a fucking pitiful play-by-play guy.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1

Good fucking riddance is right. Has to rank up there as one of the most obnoxiously homer announcers in hockey history.

Not to mention his voice sounded like two walruses screwing each other in the next room. 

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Good fucking riddance is right. Has to rank up there as one of the most obnoxiously homer announcers in hockey history.

Not to mention his voice sounded like two walruses screwing each other in the next room. 

@Puck Head had you over as a guest, I see. 

7 hours ago, phillyb said:

Dude's been wretched this year. Above his usual trashy takes, he sounds unwell. 

Yeah, something definitely wasn't right. I wish him well there, but I will absolutely not miss hearing him. lol I remember when he used to do some national broadcasts. Thankfully he stopped awhile ago. We think Sam is bad sometimes with things, but it was getting worse with Jack.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

I think Sam is a goof ball that's fun to laugh at, but he's genuine.  This guy's an ass.

Yep. Sometimes Sam can go overboard and be a little too complimentary towards the other teams and players. But, I'd rather have that than the 'style' of Jack Edwards.

• TroCheckmark 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

13 hours ago, phillyb said:

Dude's been wretched this year. Above his usual trashy takes, he sounds unwell. 

Speaking of which, anyone know whatever happened to Al Trautwig? 

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Speaking of which, anyone know whatever happened to Al Trautwig? 

Apparently he's like 70 and nobody renewed his contract after his illness. 

Edited by Pete