• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Edstrom Returned to Hartford; Rangers to Carry 8 Defensemen

Edstrom has a ton of upside, and could be recalled at any moment, but this is the right call. Rempe is having noticeable impacts on the games he's playing in.

• Keeps it 100 2

Just now, Phil said:

Eh, would have rather seen Edstrom stick around. I like the energy Rempe brings, but the way he hits are borderline and can lead to dumb penalties. Felt like Big Ed was quietly doing exactly what he needed to and held things down defensively.

1 minute ago, RangerDanger said:

Eh, would have rather seen Edstrom stick around. I like the energy Rempe brings, but the way he hits are borderline and can lead to dumb penalties. Felt like Big Ed was quietly doing exactly what he needed to and held things down defensively.

I get that, and your assessment of Edstrom is on the mark, but Rempe's physical impact is a genuine spark for the team.

When he throws a huge hit or fights, the crowd reacts big time, and the team feeds off of both events. Where Edstrom "quietly" gets the job done, Rempe does, too — loudly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Rempe isn’t just a useless oaf out there the way guys like Colton Orr were. Not a knock whatsoever on Orr, who did his job and did it well. And I’m not saying Rempe is Tom Wilson or Josh Anderson here. But he provides toughness but you also don’t have to avert your eyes from the game when he’s on the ice because he doesn’t know how to play hockey. 

28 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Let’s be honest, the best lineup is a version with Edstrom instead of Goodrow, but for obvious reasons it won’t happen.

3,641,667 reasons to be exact.....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Rempe isn’t just a useless oaf out there the way guys like Colton Orr were. Not a knock whatsoever on Orr, who did his job and did it well. And I’m not saying Rempe is Tom Wilson or Josh Anderson here. But he provides toughness but you also don’t have to avert your eyes from the game when he’s on the ice because he doesn’t know how to play hockey. 

Yup

Rempe has brought some good things and has had a positive impact.

But he isn’t much of a hockey player. 

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Let’s be honest, the best lineup is a version with Edstrom instead of Goodrow, but for obvious reasons it won’t happen.

Yup, especially because Goodrow is likely a winger at this point anyway.

Rempe needs to stay in the lineup until he stops bringing the energy he brings.

I’ve been saying for years we need a guy on the 4th that wakes the team up with some hits and energy. Haven’t had one since Avery.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Not for the playoffs it isn't. 

• Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Not for the playoffs it isn't. 

I dunno. The numbers disagree. I do think he elevates his physical game, which I appreciate, but it doesnt change the fact he gets steamrolled in everything else. Black hole

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

This, but maybe not this in the playoffs. Goodrow is the kind of player you want there. 

but also there are no downsides, edstrom had a fantastic stint and our fourth line looks amazing right now for years to come 

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I dunno. The numbers disagree. I do think he elevates his physical game, which I appreciate, but it doesnt change the fact he gets steamrolled in everything else. Black hole

Edstrom will have his time but I'd rather a vet than a rookie in there for the playoffs.